• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't aiming at you or anything. I've just seen several people focusing too much on technicalities to paint a bad picture for Dusk. I quoted you just to make a point. Sorry for that:)
No worries, misunderstandings happen!
FWIW I really do trust Dusk on Capcom rumours, it just amuses me to see people bending over backwards to count this as him being right lol. Insiders are wrong sometimes, that's fine and nothing is gained from people trying to pretend they were right actually.

GodlyTwins

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't been keeping up, but we're legit expecting FF16 to be revealed? I just need price/release date plsssss

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope we see more of the console here. Mark Cerny hinted at a teardown reveal back during the Road to PS5 presentation. I would like to see someone hold the machine, rotate it, show us the ports, etc, and hopefully the internal cooling setup and fan design.

I also hope we get a full tour of the UI.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I think at least one new game is a given. Besides, didnt insiders tell that sony hasnt announced their whole launch window slate yet? There wont be better time for it.
I'm hoping. But I'm trying to keep expectations in check. Show me amazing Spiderman and Demons Souls showcases and I see the whole thing as a win.
Spiderman especially will likely be the first title to really show us how good nextgen titles are going to look like.

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, there it is *insert Gif*

My home My Body and My soul is ready for 2 Ps5, lets do this! *Breaths heavy*

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I'm at work! :(

I know it doesn't say they will announce price, launch date, and preorders but I think it will, and it preorders will go live sometime before the end of the month.

I think the UI and BC stuff will be in separate blog posts sometime next week or the week after.

hopefully we will know the full lineup after this

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
This is like waking up on a Saturday morning to watch the newest episode of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!

Feels great.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
GaX1cXW.png

Hashimoto tweeted this, then immediately deleted it. As he always does, when there's a big announcement ready. (He did the same on that State of Play that had FFVIIR)

He's also retweeted 3 tweets about it. One from Playstation, 4gamer, and Famitsu's EIC.

piratecap

Oct 27, 2017
So, if Silent Hill exists it should be revealed at this show right? It would be so heartbreaking if it doesn't. After all it's my number one most anticipated game.. I remember seeing a post (or thread) by Dusk Golem or if it was that other leak dude that said there will be a Sony show in the first half of september, so he's correct that far, and isn't he the same guy that has talked about that a new Silent Hill is in the works? This bodes well.. Don't disappoint me please!

demu

AVALANCHE
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Where did Dusk Golem talk about FF16? I only found a tweet where they said they know nothing about this game.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully this time the presentation will not be produced at 1080p30.

IMO, for pre-made presentations, both Sony and MS needs to adopt a system for letting users to preload an encrypted hiiiigh bitrate 4K60 [or even 4K120] file that will be decrypted and ready for playback in time with regular YT/Twitch streams. They are making high-end 4K content, and they are ruining them with shoddy streaming bitrates.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Alright, predictions time:

This event will be fairly light on new announcements but there should still be 2 or 3 good ones.
PS studios games that aren't launch will be left aside for now, Sony will have another show early next year or in December I think.
Sony will leave a detailed look at UI, BC and what not to videos and blog posts in the weeks up to launch, which Jim Ryan will mention at some point during this show to look out for.

What I think the show will be:

Boot up UI, quick look around and launch into game to show speed
Spidey MM extended gameplay demo
Demon's Souls is a launch title and gameplay demo
Montage/ reel of previously announced PS studios games, reminder of Astro being installed on every PS5.
Select third parties, timed exclusives announced (e.g. possibly Starfield). I think we'll see at least 5 games here, one specifically is FF16 announced, timed exclusive
One new PS studios game announced (most likely from Japan Studio - Silent Hill if it exists)
Closing/ recap montage of lots of PS5 games
Price & date Reveal - $399/$499, Nov. 20th

Possibilities:

Destruction All-Stars if its ready could be announced as a launch title too and the first PS+ title for PS5, Sackboy could possibly do this as well. This is more of a hope though, not predicting it.
Horizon gameplay demo - I would have predicted this will be there if show was 1hr+. Could still be but leaning to no now.
TLOU2 multiplayer reveal - this will be like Warzone I think, F2P but inside TLOU2 to play it. Its announced if its ready soon but if there's some problems or its got bigger in scope it'll be missed. Could be a cross gen launch title, could be a while away. I'm not predicting it but I hope it will be there.

Last edited:

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Fucking finally! They were late but still excited.

Now my expectations,

- PRICE
- RELEASE DATE
- Show whole new UI features
- Show improved Streaming features
- Some new PS Now features for PS5

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see any thread on the frontpage like that.
www.resetera.com

Report says Sony might be thinking of $399 digital $499 disc PS5 Rumor

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-price-may-be-changing-and-well-have-the-xbox-series-x-to-thank

Hopefully this time the presentation will not be produced at 1080p30.
Honestly they should just drop it as a 4K60 video on YouTube. It doesn't need to be a live stream.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
tbh i found meta score of Days Gone a bit high. Them locking hordes as a end game (optional) content was biggest disappointment.

Nah. You just don't get the hordes on your map until endgame. You can fight them at anytime.

Which was the right call so you'd naturally encounter them during the story and exploration.

pharmboy044

Oct 27, 2017
Why do I have a feeling we will not get price and date this day?
I guess it's that Soony mentality getting to me.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I hope at an absolute minimum we get a price and release date. Games shown and clarification of launch titles is just the gravy

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
The console also has to be coming in black right? Cruel to tease us with that if it won't be available right away

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly they should just drop it as a 4K60 video on YouTube. It doesn't need to be a live stream.
BIG NO.

People could then be able to jump forward and see the last few minutes and other reveals, that would ruin the fun for everyone who is watching it with a text chats/refreshing forum posts. I often refresh threads here when watching big gaming events, and it is fun to see the live and spoiler-free reactions.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
www.resetera.com

Report says Sony might be thinking of $399 digital $499 disc PS5 Rumor

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ps5-price-may-be-changing-and-well-have-the-xbox-series-x-to-thank

For marketing purposes, it needs to !
You want people to have the same info at the same time, especially prices and release date

Otherwise, nobody would watch relevant informations throughout the show (BC ? UI ? PS5 features ?) and skip to the end just to know price/release date

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
BIG NO.

People could then be able to jump forward and see the last few minutes and other reveals, that would ruin the fun for everyone who is watching it with a text chats/refreshing forum posts. I often refresh threads here when watching big gaming events, and it is fun to see the live and spoiler-free reactions.
For marketing purposes, it needs to !
You want people to have the same info at the same time, especially prices and release date

Otherwise, nobody would watch relevant informations throughout the show (BC ? UI ? PS5 features ?) and skip to the end just to know price/release date
Then use YouTube's Premiere stuff to stream it, but it's just a preloaded YouTube video.

Personally I care less about the moment to moment reactions from people. Streaming it in 4K isnt really feasible but the 1080 streams make it harder for people to see what a generation leap this is.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.