• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Mine still says arriving by 19th and no time on my app. I haven't checked on my PC yet.

Takezō

Oct 27, 2020
I know, and I'm with you, mostly, but...idk, 2020 has costed me a wedding, all trips, family deaths, an insane amount of overwork and most friends getting severe psychological scarring...it's sad but a console launch is the only thing I have to look after, I'm just drained of anything resembling joy.
Sorry to hear that, hope you get one and it cheers you up!

This freakydeals.co.uk got to because scam, it the last two days they opened pre-orders twice again, highly doubt such a small player would get continously stocked like this. Will keep the pre-order so that I can review bomb them and have proof, so that Trustpilot, Google etc accept my review.

giphy.gif

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Finnish phone operator Elisa will not know for sure how many consoles they get until November 17th. Got txt that I should be in the first batch but still worried I won't get it at launch.

Takezō

Oct 27, 2020
I emailed them asking how they get stock when every other retailer is struggling, here's their reply:
That's the pattern I noticed this past few days, as per their claim, usually retail shops won't deal directly with brands, it's via distributors so their claim checks out, still their volume thus far seems sketchy at best.

The Company was created late last year and operated from that apartment, there's two directors, they apparently used to be on ebay too, can't seem to find them there anymore.

Good reviews on Trustpilot, but those can be faked easily. I hope to set that record straight come the 19th. :)

Still holding hope that Sony can deliver another shipment in December and I get lucky.

andi86

Oct 27, 2020
That's the pattern I noticed this past few days, as per their claim, usually retail shops won't deal directly with brands, it's via distributors so their claim checks out, still their volume thus far seems sketchy at best.

The Company was created late last year and operated from that apartment, there's two directors, they apparently used to be on ebay too, can't seem to find them there anymore.

Good reviews on Trustpilot, but those can be faked easily. I hope to set that record straight come the 19th. :)

Still holding hope that Sony can deliver another shipment in December and I get lucky.
Being trying to get one for the gf's bro see they have put up another 2 will stick an order in through PayPal and see if it turns up! Fingers crossed!

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
So the U.K has confirmed a nationwide lockdown 4 weeks from Thursday 5th November. Hope anyone who has a pre order thats due for collection or any other circumstance still comes through or is sorted out in someway.

Oct 27, 2017
I emailed them asking how they get stock when every other retailer is struggling, here's their reply:

I call bullshit. Just try buying any of their other items.

Everything on their site is out of stock because those items need to be shipped now. Where as PS5 they can wait for the PayPal hold to go and bail off with the money.

I literally just checked most the items on their site and it's out of stock. I don't get why people are falling for the most obvious scam. I don't want to see people getting scammed.

How can a site have PS5s available to preorder, but all their other stock is out of stock. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

andi86

Oct 27, 2020

Everything on their site is out of stock because those items need to be shipped now. Where as PS5 they can wait for the PayPal hold to go and bail off with the money.

I literally just checked most the items on their site and it's out of stock. I don't get why people are falling for the most obvious scam. I don't want to see people getting scammed.

How can a site have PS5s available to preorder, but all their other stock is out of stock. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
They have a few games in stock

5moke5creen

Oct 30, 2017
So the U.K has confirmed a nationwide lockdown 4 weeks from Thursday 5th November. Hope anyone who has a pre order thats due for collection or any other circumstance still comes through or is sorted out in someway.

It's a good question. I asked in Game today, where I have mine pre-ordered (and paid £10 deposit), and they didn't seem to know what would happen. To be fair, it was before the lockdown was officially announced by Doris.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
In the UK here and am paying for my initial next-gen apathy - PS5 preorders seem non-existent at the moment.

I'll keep an eye out but I'm not confident.

alexwise

Nov 3, 2017

They've got games in stock like the new watch dogs, for example

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
It's going to be a very tough time for people, no doubt. I expect some orders to free up in the coming weeks.

Anyone know any sites they think are particularly worth keeping tabs on?

In the UK? Don't know but in Ireland I'd keep an eye on Currys, Harvey Norman and Smyths.

Amazon and game centric stores will be gone instantly

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a weird question but there's no reason HDMI (from the PS5) to DVI (my monitor) wouldn't work, right? This is the setup I use for my PS4, as my HDMI port is busted and I really don't want to upgrade monitors if I don't have to.

Oct 25, 2017
So given what was announced today, are we somewhat certain online orders from ShopTo, Game, Amazon etc will be ok for us in the U.K.?

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Guessing by this point theres absolutely nowhere in the Uk i could pre order a console, espcially now with lockdown coming into effect?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guessing by this point theres absolutely nowhere in the Uk i could pre order a console, espcially now with lockdown coming into effect?

Your best bet is probably on the 19th. I assume between cancelled preorders and withheld stock, there'll be a decent number of next gen consoles available to buy at launch - especially now that shops won't be open to sell any themselves.

After the 19th I'd be surprised if there was any stock in the country for a while.

edit ;; My bad got them mixed up. 😅

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

As the above says, probably not gonna get it before the 19th. You and me are in the same boat, I'm gonna be scouring the net on the 19th for one lol.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Your best bet is probably on the 19th. I assume between cancelled preorders and withheld stock, there'll be a decent number of next gen consoles available to buy at launch - especially now that shops won't be open to sell any themselves.

After the 19th I'd be surprised if there was any stock in the country for a while.

edit ;; My bad got them mixed up. 😅
As the above says, probably not gonna get it before the 19th. You and me are in the same boat, I'm gonna be scouring the net on the 19th for one lol.

Thought so haha. My local Game is in a pretty small (and not a well off area) and usually I get lucky with games or consoles that sell out everywhere. My plan was to just go on the day and grab one, but BoJo saw to that haha. Will just have to be extra keen to watch out for drops

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thought so haha. My local Game is in a pretty small (and not a well off area) and usually I get lucky with games or consoles that sell out everywhere. My plan was to just go on the day and grab one, but BoJo saw to that haha. Will just have to be extra keen to watch out for drops

Use Stockinformer, they'll give online alerts when stores get them back in stock.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a very tough time for people, no doubt. I expect some orders to free up in the coming weeks.

Anyone know any sites they think are particularly worth keeping tabs on?

You'll have to go in store, but I'm betting Tesco super stores will have a decent chunk of them from Saturday or Sunday after launch. They were the first to go live with pre orders after the event and they didn't even take card details. Just shoved in details to pick up in store.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
Game have been putting up cancellations daily on their website. It's how I managed to order one last week. So check there. Feel like a right dick for cancelling it though was the right decision for me (need to save for house deposit).

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Game have been putting up cancellations daily on their website. It's how I managed to order one last week. So check there. Feel like a right dick for cancelling it though was the right decision for me (need to save for house deposit).
It will be worth it in the end. I bought a house a month ago and it was a great decision. You can just get the ps5 when it is cheaper and has more games.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
Argos were smart to have all PS5 orders handled by CentreSoft. Argos were only involved in the ordering and payment process which is why in store collection was not an option for anyone. Consoles will be shipped directly by the distributor.

I originally bought from Argos because I thought their delivery vans would be a reliable way to get the console on release day, but letting a private company which the public have no access to handle all orders seems a smart way to handle things in this Covid dominated world.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon France still showing 24. here. Kinda regret cancelling my Fnac one that said 19. Could've shipped my second to my friend in the nordics, who likely won't get it before far into spring anyway.

Deleted member 27551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Still no luck on another ps5 in uk. I was hoping to maybe get a bundle on launch the ones most dont want but with fucking lockdown looks like I'm screwed.

Oct 26, 2017
Was going to check the status of my in-store GAME pre-order, but their website is bust again.
Guess it will take a while for them to figure out what they're doing; hopefully in the next week or so it will be clear whether they will do click & collect or convert to delivery.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
At least with Xbox releasing first we can see how retailers handle preorders. It will be interesting if any despatch a day or two earlier for example.

SirSalabean

May 12, 2018
Was going to check the status of my in-store GAME pre-order, but their website is bust again.
Guess it will take a while for them to figure out what they're doing; hopefully in the next week or so it will be clear whether they will do click & collect or convert to delivery.
I've pre ordered in store. I think they are saying to make sure your contact details are up to date on the app and they will be in contact over the next few days to sort it.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Smyths in the UK said they're doing click and collect from their stores for the PS5 et al.

For anyone who has preordered online for collection in store, Smyths will charge your card up to 48h before release date, and you just turn up and pick it up on 19 November.

For anyone who has preordered in store for collection in store, you must pay the balance by card (only by card) when you collect it on 19 November.

Please note: because the games and accessories are releasing a week earlier than the console in the UK, you must ask them to hold your games/accessories for a week if you want to pick them all up together on 19 November. (I asked them this specifically just now. If you don't ask them to hold the games/accessories for another week, they may cancel them.)

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Just to double check with the chaos going on, has anyone received any further emails or anything for online GAME orders since preorder, other than the initial confirmation? I managed to get a preorder in the first wave, but the lack of contact or charges since has me squeemish.

Status
Not open for further replies.