• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think I heard people say there is still some form of region-locking. Games are still coded with regions even though they can be played on any system, and DLC is tied to the region of the game.

thematic

Fallen Guardian
Oct 31, 2017
i got my PS5 yesterday
only got 15 minutes to try Astrobot. the first controller demo really good. it shows adaptive trigger with rocket thingy.

i really like it's "effect" on gameplay. hopefully all developers will support that feature
the HD rumble also good... really different from last gen

which other (preferable full) game which shows both features best other than Astrobot?

thank you

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
i got my PS5 yesterday
only got 15 minutes to try Astrobot. the first controller demo really good. it shows adaptive trigger with rocket thingy.

i really like it's "effect" on gameplay. hopefully all developers will support that feature
the HD rumble also good... really different from last gen

which other (preferable full) game which shows both features best other than Astrobot?

thank you
I think Demon Souls or Returnal. They both use the Dual Sense stuff pretty neatly.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I can log into my PSN account on the website. My internet is fine. But when my account pulls up on my PS5 today it won't connect online. Been fine since day 1. No idea why.

statha

Feb 15, 2018
Wreckfest for PS5 has some haptic feedback on the PS5 controller - neat!

Has anyone tried that and got WRC9 to tell us how they compare?

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
maybe thriller isn't the right word lol

Soul Series = zombie-like enemies and very hard to play. I played Dark Soul 3 but dropped it half-way.

Returnal = I like sci-fi but the monsters seems disgusting?, maybe I'll watch a few reviews later

Returnal is a very specific type of game in that you either like the loop or hate it. If the idea of spending three hours and dying without progressing either story or unlocks bothers you don't play it.

the use of adaptive trigger in that game is insane. Dualsense is by far the most next gen thing about either new system.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Wreckfest for PS5 has some haptic feedback on the PS5 controller - neat!

Has anyone tried that and got WRC9 to tell us how they compare?
Wreckfest's haptic is ridiculously barebones. I haven't tried WRC9, though I've heard it's much better than Dirt 5, which in itself is way better than Wreckfest.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes I boot up Astrobot because the dual sense features are so impressive. Even though I've already beaten it. Nothing else has really impressed in that way. I hope more devs get with it! I guess Cold War is another good example but I don't like the game lol.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
For those that steam and use the HD camera, is there a way to do the "refocus on face" for a smaller box and have it stay that way? I just got one but so far I've had to go to settings > broadcasts > camera and do that every time I start a stream, which you can also only do once a stream has started for it to "save", but it seems like it reverts every time I start a new stream.

Also, I thought there was a way to set like a custom background?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
My TV Remote thinks I want to control the PS5 with it. I don't want it. How can I change this back?
Ah that's what happened! I asked my ps5 to download a game, turned the TV off while it did it and minutes later noticed it was in rest mode. Well that's nice and power savey and what have you, but I never asked for that, I wanted to be able to keep checking how close it was to being ready to install.

Or do you mean you're navigating the UI with your TV remote? I kinda remember doing that with either the ps3 or ps4 and thinking it was pointless.

Either way, it's not something I've ever wanted or asked for so I suppose I'll have to turn yet another thing off somewhere deep in the menus.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else have an issue where your controller buttons don't work on the home screen randomly? Only R1 and L1 will work until I restart my PS5.

Mar 4, 2021
Berlin, Germany
Or do you mean you're navigating the UI with your TV remote? I kinda remember doing that with either the ps3 or ps4 and thinking it was pointless.

Either way, it's not something I've ever wanted or asked for so I suppose I'll have to turn yet another thing off somewhere deep in the menus.
I mean this. I only realised it because I wanted to adjust the brightness and it did nothing. Took me a few minutes to figure out it was controlling the PS5 and therefore locked me out of the important stuff.

thematic

Fallen Guardian
Oct 31, 2017
Returnal is a very specific type of game in that you either like the loop or hate it. If the idea of spending three hours and dying without progressing either story or unlocks bothers you don't play it.

the use of adaptive trigger in that game is insane. Dualsense is by far the most next gen thing about either new system.

ugh.. I don't think I'll like it
guess I'll skip it then

today I finally have the time to actually play Astrobot
finished the memory level with all PSOne stuff.

I LIKE IT!
adaptive trigger, HD rumble all GREAT. and the nostalgic feeling? OMG...
but now I feel kinda old lol

hopefully I'll get the time for other levels
I haven't buy anything from PS5 library. I guess Astrobot good enough for me until FF7R release next month.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018

ugh.. I don't think I'll like it
guess I'll skip it then

today I finally have the time to actually play Astrobot
finished the memory level with all PSOne stuff.

I LIKE IT!
adaptive trigger, HD rumble all GREAT. and the nostalgic feeling? OMG...
but now I feel kinda old lol

hopefully I'll get the time for other levels
I haven't buy anything from PS5 library. I guess Astrobot good enough for me until FF7R release next month.
If you do not mind spoilers, look up how the area progression and gameplay loop is before you make that decision. You do unlock permanent steps before bosses so you can progress even if you end up dying on runs. Of course the gameplay itself is very important to how much you will like the game.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Albion
Well, my launch PS5 can't be vertical or the disc gets stuck while being ejected. I have to turn it off, lay it horizontal, then after restart, it will reset the disc drive and eject just fine.

LDNStateOfMind

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
As I wait for the returnal patch to copy(thats taking longer than the download) why does this still happen? Didn't Cerny say this won't occur on ps5. Has there been any update to why this still happens?

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
As I wait for the returnal patch to copy(thats taking longer than the download) why does this still happen? Didn't Cerny say this won't occur on ps5. Has there been any update to why this still happens?
Cerny def said it wouldn't happen any more. Don't think there's been any official comment about it, if I had to guess I'd say they were forced in to still using the PS4 filesystem methods for PS5 games due to Covid time pressures. Not like it's the only promised thing missing from the PS5 OS lol.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Albion
So, I kind of fixed my problem with ejecting a disc when vertical, lol. I tightened the screws on the disc drive, no idea if that did anything. Then kind of slapped the side of the drive. Now, maybe 2-10 times, it will sound like it will get stuck for a second and then eject just fine. 🤷‍♂️🤣

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Cerny def said it wouldn't happen any more. Don't think there's been any official comment about it, if I had to guess I'd say they were forced in to still using the PS4 filesystem methods for PS5 games due to Covid time pressures. Not like it's the only promised thing missing from the PS5 OS lol.
He didn't say it wouldn't happen, he described the PS4 process that requires entire files to be reconstructed when just a part of it changed to avoid long seek times and explained on PS5 that with the SSD this activity isn't required.
The copying stage is still required due to the way the OS allows you to download patches whilst playing the game, what's changed is that parts of the file can be all over the disk structure now, there's no need for chunks of a file to be in contiguous blocks. Copying should be faster, but will still be required.

An example: A patch contains a changed file, but the file on disk is 95% the same. On PS4 the entire file must be rebuilt with the new data on the disk and the old copy deleted, this ensures that when reading this file there is no additional seek time.
On PS5 the existing 95% can stay exactly where it is, the OS will put the new parts of the file onto filesystem where there is space but doesn't need to recreate the file in it's entirety as the SSD effectively has no seek penalty.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
So, I kind of fixed my problem with ejecting a disc when vertical, lol. I tightened the screws on the disc drive, no idea if that did anything. Then kind of slapped the side of the drive. Now, maybe 2-10 times, it will sound like it will get stuck for a second and then eject just fine. 🤷‍♂️🤣

A good slap often helps with electronic device problems. old pc technician wisdom.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If i were to insert a disc into my PS5 to install/copy/patch/etc, can I then put it into rest mode while it's copying? Or does it need to stay on?

Demon-69

Oct 15, 2018
Somewhere
My PS5 is not downloading pre orders when it's in rest mode even though I have that toggled, Also where in the hell is the web browser I'm trying to watch movies through this thing.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
when do you guys think there will be new Dualsense colors available? When I bought my Ps5 I bought it with a bundle including a second controller but I sold it because I don't want two with the same color.

Colorware offers customization but at over $100

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone experience with games uninstalling? Played Retutnal yesterday, turned off console, booted back up today and the game was suddenly uninstalled.

So weird and haven't seen it happen before.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
So I was trying to stream RE8 and include a few friends and their reactions in a party chat. I had my "include party chat" audio toggle on, and of my two friends, one had it turned on and the other didn't.

I can only hear myself in the stream. Couldn't even hear the one friend who had that turned on (though he was in the phone app and just watching the twitch stream). Is there some weird thing where if one person in the party has it off, no one else's voice is shared on the stream?

Or is there something I missed. The only other odd thing I can thing of is I was sharing my screen to the one friend who has a PS5. I wonder if that limited the audio inclusion?

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I keep having a weird issue that's only started happening on the latest firmware. I'll boot the ps5 out of rest mode and the directional buttons on the controller do not work on the main menu. L1 and r1 work. If I pull up the quick menu the d pad buttons work fine. If I launch a game they work fine. But not at all on the main menu.

Turning the controller off and on doesn't fix it. I end up having to restart the ps5 and then it works fine. Anyone else seen this? Any fix that isn't rebooting the console?

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna need to research more later, but anyone know if there's a way for me to backup saves from my daughters profile? My profile has PS+, but the game is under her account on my PS5 and she doesn't have Plus (probably should have just run the game through my account, but oh well, too late now). Just hoping there's a way to backup the save just in case 60 hours later anything happens (guess I could buy PS+ 2x on the same console, but hoping there's another way)!

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna need to research more later, but anyone know if there's a way for me to backup saves from my daughters profile? My profile has PS+, but the game is under her account on my PS5 and she doesn't have Plus (probably should have just run the game through my account, but oh well, too late now). Just hoping there's a way to backup the save just in case 60 hours later anything happens (guess I could buy PS+ 2x on the same console, but hoping there's another way)!

If her account doesn't have PS+ then you cannot backup her save files on the Cloud. You can, however, back up those files in an USB stick.

EDIT: Or not...? Wait... Damn, I hadn't tested this... This is freaking ridiculous.