• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Anyone have any tips for shooting in this game?

My experience has been 'I have the drop on this guy!'

Don't hit him once while he turns and kills me instantly.

I'm terrible at shooting too. But I'm starting to get the hang of it. Use ADS and single shots for far away target's. When they're close switch to full auto and don't stop the spray of bullets until there's no life in them.

Also, don't be afraid to back off and use 3rd person to watch them from cover. It's surprising how many players will run at you when you have the clear advantage of cover and sight.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Re: aim assist/aiming, is the issue that it's (i) just bad right now; (ii) the controls are naturally imprecise therefore it's necessary; or (iii) both?

Kinderfeet

Oct 28, 2017
First game went pretty well, killed two (one while they were looking in a menu) before getting ran over on a bridge. The controls seem complicated, but I found the shooting fine. Having watched a lot of PC streams, I was surprised how quickly the circle got smaller, but the experience seemed to translate well.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. American servers are better for me. European servers have lots of sneaking around, and in American I can consistently get in the top 10 becuase everyone seems to play TDM.

I had a guy chase me through a building with nothing more than a pistol. It wasn't until he got close did I notice and then I gunners him down.
Would love to see a video of this! I now understand why this game is so watchable.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It seems that people on Xbox Reddit were not joking. Apparently Xbox Support confirmed that there is no trial, may change in the future. So if you're waiting for a trial, may as well give up on that or buy it. I'd buy it if something in the sale of this wasn't interesting, but there is, The Surge for 20 dollars.

Well, ok then.

Have you got a link for that?
I've tried searching for 'trial' and 'support' in the xbox reddit and the xbox one reddit but I can't find it.
I don't use reddit much so it's probably my fault that I can't find it.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Went ahead and pre-ordered late last night at a store that was supposed to have a $5 XBL credit when you pick it up, and I'm hoping the box is a plastic case and not just cardboard.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm kinda bummed there's no FPP servers currently. Really the only way I like to play. Did they say when they are going to add this for Xbox?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Would love to see a video of this! I now understand why this game is so watchable.

If only! There's been so many recordable moments but it gets tense and I can't bring myself to mess about when another player might be lurking.

I should have recorded the final moments of my chicken dinner, but I only took a screen before dancing around my living room.

G Status Ray

Oct 31, 2017
Played a few matches yesterday with my roommate. Placed in the top 10 twice and had a really good time. I saw tweets from Gerstmann saying that it's really bad on a One X but we were both on a base model One and I was pleased with the performance. It's definitely not great but it's way better than I had expected.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Australian here! I regret buying it as it is absolutely unplayable, so buy at your own risk. The network lag is atrocious, the framerate stutters and it looks like a ps2 game at best on an XboxOne S. When you enter a house, it takes around 10 seconds for the furniture to load. The only two servers available is Europe and North America. Australians get shafted again. I'm so disappointed because I've been waiting to play this for months now. :(
Aww. That's disappointing to hear.

Okada

Nov 8, 2017
The more I play it the more I can ignore (some of) the jank and awful performance.

Knowing that I'm mostly on a level playing field on the couch with a controller is a good enough alternative to when I don't want to play on the PC.

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
havent been able to get a game in for an hour. Keeps saying could not connect reconnect before letting me into main menu. Played 6 rounds earlier though and super fun.

breadtruck

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Xbox Support confirmed that there is no trial, may change in the future. So if you're waiting for a trial, may as well give up on that or buy it.

Id recommend against this. Unless xbox does a refund system like Steam of course (which I dont know if they do or not.)
This game definitely isnt for everyone. I regret not returning my purchase on Steam. I kept thinking; "itll become a better game, its only early access."

But sometimes ya just gotta take the chance too, I suppose.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
The more I play it the more I can ignore (some of) the jank and awful performance.

Knowing that I'm mostly on a level playing field on the couch with a controller is a good enough alternative to when I don't want to play on the PC.

Are you actively ignoring it or is it just "going away"?

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I woke up today with a PUBG dream lol. Haven't had a videogame dream in a while. I wish I could call for a day off, but it's too late.

The game clicked when I was proned in the grass at a top of a hill and suddenly an enemy passes by me. I get up and start following him for a bit because I didn't have much AR ammo to go on a gunfight and he gets into a small house. I died immediatly as I open the door because I forget that it's 3rd person (I play it mostly in 1st person so I have to fix that) and he could see behind me lol. I played myself haha. Just the adrenaline and tension of that experience is definitely going to keep me hooked.

I'm playing on the X and I have to say that the game is very playable. No real complaints.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
This TOD is definitely the best looking one, really great use of HDR too

3d287102-a06c-4abb-8ea0-facde10bfcc1.PNG

993ec5be-1ae9-4c32-a81c-146b844fc088.PNG

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
how do they enforce the no teams on solo? only through reports?
Epic requires you to submit video proof for Fortnite. Even then they don't seem to be doing much about it.

But yeah, I'd record videos if you can.

teaming is bannable? I thought that was part of the tension of the game, making temporary alliances and stuff. Ive not played it yet.
Where did you get that idea? It's hard enough to actually win a solo game against 99 other players. How hard would it be to have to contend with 2 people at the same time? Almost impossible.

Now imagine after 40 games, you finally make it to the top 3 and you're confident you can win for the first time. But the other 2 people are working together and there's just absolutely no way to take them both on at the same time. Me? I'd be so pissed I'd probably toss the game in the bin and never play it again.

Last edited:

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone who has played this extensively on PC, and now on console, let me know how it compares on an XBox One X? Thinking about buying it so I can play it on my new TV, but would appreciate people's feedback first. Thanks.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Can anyone who has played this extensively on PC, and now on console, let me know how it compares on an XBox One X? Thinking about buying it so I can play it on my new TV, but would appreciate people's feedback first. Thanks.

If you've played extensively on PC and are switching to play it on the X it's a pretty significantly worse experience in almost every way, unfortunately. Your milage may vary based on your tolerances for things like input lag, heavily fluctuating framerates regularly below 30 and UI fidliness.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
This game going to be a feeding frenzy for the Xim guys. For a FPS/TPS, it's a shame the shooting feels so awkward and janky. The lack of aim assist wouldn't be as much of an issue if it weren't combined with a jumpy framerate and variable input lag.

Played on OG X1 fatty and an X1X. It's definitely less terrible on X, but I'm still left with the feeling that this is a great concept combined with terrible execution.

Not very confident that the game will improve much for OG/S users, but one thing that will really help is a complete overhaul of inventory management. It doesn't feel intuitive or logical, but that's easily fixable.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
but one thing that will really help is a complete overhaul of inventory management. It doesn't feel intuitive or logical, but that's easily fixable.

I'd argue they have done a pretty good job getting everything over from the PC version by making everything a column and just using LB/RB to select the column then the ability to pick up things from the ground, drop, attach and use are all pretty quick.

With consumables they can be used outside of the menu via the dpad so that helps too.