• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
What does it mean though, that's a pretty big difference, like if you playing you get 54hz and if you looking on the ground you get 144hz refresh rate? : D
I think that's the joke, it performs like shit on PC too, and he's probably playing with lowest settings possible to get that 54fps.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I dont agree with this at all, everyone knows analogue sticks arent precise enough, the skill is in the positioning, tactics, reading of the game and so on. We can all be super precise with a mouse, the stick is meant to emulate that, not give us zero help.

No thanks.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 3853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Only reason this travesty ended was pistol guy squaring up with shotgun guy. Even the shot before he was killed was a solid 90 degrees off.

My post is there to read. Bullet-magnetism/reticule glue was always way more annoying to me than missing a shot.

Maybe I'm the minority in that opinion.

I'm not saying the aiming couldn't use some adjustments (it feels like the throttle curve needs to be adjusted, either that or these players need to adjust their sensitivity to something they're comfortable tracking with), but if I turn this game on one day it plays like CoD with ADS Snap-magnetism, bullet magnetism and game automated reticule glue... I'll just stop playing. The quirks and having to try to compensate for it always feels awkward to me; it's something that has bothered me as far back as Halo/Halo 2.

I just don't see much of a future for this game on console unless they make it control better. Reminds me of shortly before CSGO released when people were talking about no aim assist on console I knew it was going to fail. Just can't take a game designed around mouse aiming and expect people to have fun using sticks.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Made it to #3 with two kills in my first match. I only had a pistol the whole time.

On the PC you could hold CTRL to move even slower and make yourself quieter. Is there a way to do that on the Xbox One?

Oct 26, 2017
So it's best not to buy from Cdkeys right now or have they fixed it by now? I usually don't have issues with them.

I see they have the game listed as X enhanced in the store, but it's not added to game preview, lol.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't see much of a future for this game on console unless they make it control better. Reminds me of shortly before CSGO released when people were talking about no aim assist on console I knew it was going to fail. Just can't take a game designed around mouse aiming and expect people to have fun using sticks.

There is definitely room to improve controls for sure. Like I said, at the moment the throttle acceleration feels off, that could be tweaked. There feels like there is some latency with the controls and even player movement that needs to be addressed (that could be server?). Framerate improvements could also help. The aiming just isn't as smooth as it should be right now and I'd like to see them tweak that feel to perfection... auto-aim should be a last ditch effort when all of those other things aren't fixed yet. I think if you played the game, you would first take note that controls are very clunky at the moment before talking about auto-aim and that should be addressed first. The best way I could compare this is to think of the difference between moving your aimer around in Rainbow Six versus something like Elder Scrolls Oblivion... controls feel stiff and off and need to be tweaked hard IMO.

What about the actual players though. In the clip you quoted there, it's a prime example of what is wrong... both of the players are holding the LT, praying that the game will lock onto the character for them. They fully expect the game to autolock onto the character and then slowly allot them to easily keep shooting at them (it's like the equivalent of Forza with all of the control/brake/turning assist options on)... take that same exact situation and increase that players sensitivity a hair and maybe a slightly faster acceleration ramp and he'd probably land a shot. That clip is what it looks like when you first take normal people who play a ton of Call of Duty out of their element for the first time, they lean aggressively on that ADS hard as hell and are too used to doing that initially than actually attempting to adjust their aim first because that is the approach that works best for those games. Basically the ADS isn't working the way they've been taught to use it... on PC you do it because it allows you to be more precise, on console with heavy auto-aim they do it because that's how you get your aimer to stay on the enemy. All of this is exacerbated by the controls needing a lot of work.

Rainbow Six Siege is a top 3-5 most played game on Xbox for a while now and has no auto-aim or any of the things I mentioned. What it does have is well done controls, that's not impossible to replicate and honestly that feel would suit PUBG pretty well I would think.

Bleh, I'll stop arguing though. Like I said, maybe I have a minority opinion here but like I said, if I turn this on one day and it feels like CoD, I'm out. And that's totally fine.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
On Reddit someone claims it has been stated that this won't get a trial. I don't recall this at all and so far every game preview game received a trial. Even though the sneaky bastards did not put it under game preview. Just yet probably, lol.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I've had to knock all the sensitivity down to 3 to hit anything, it feels a bit better to me being tighter and less "loose" but I am old and slow so who knows. I can still barely hit anything when ADS though.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
my biggest complain right now is the implementation of ADS

counter-intuitive to me. hope they give the possibility to change it soon to "hold to ADS"

current "hold to zoom a bit" is garbage ad unuseful

It is useful, what if you have a 4x zoom and you're entering close combat? Right, hold LT, actually still move fast (Which you can't in ADS) and shoot him.
Also, hold ADS would not work with 3rd person because of how 3rd person is implemented. If you hold LT in 3rd person, it does exactly what a third person mode should do, hold up your weapon, zoom in a little bit and get ready to shoot. Switching to first person ADS while being in 3rd person and pressing ADS is the real strange thing here and would rather upset people as making them happy if it happens every time you hold LT. In 3rd person, 1st person ADS should always be optional = press RT instead of holding.
You have a point with the first person mode, but it isn't like they did this just for shits and giggles, they had an idea with implementing how it is right now.
Maybe switching this two modes could work, with pressing for zoom and holding for ADS but I don't know.

Third person mode doesn't need a change tho.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I wish that the ADS was on click right stick in or something like that, having it on a trigger just doesnt feel right at all.

Oct 28, 2017
It is useful, what if you have a 4x zoom and you're entering close combat? Right, hold LT, actually still move fast (Which you can't in ADS) and shoot him.
Also, hold ADS would not work with 3rd person because of how 3rd person is implemented. If you hold LT in 3rd person, it does exactly what a third person mode should do, hold up your weapon, zoom in a little bit and get ready to shoot. Switching to first person ADS while being in 3rd person and pressing ADS is the real strange thing here and would rather upset people as making them happy if it happens every time you hold LT. In 3rd person, 1st person ADS should always be optional = press RT instead of holding.
You have a point with the first person mode, but it isn't like they did this just for shits and giggles, they had an idea with implementing how it is right now.
Maybe switching this two modes could work, with pressing for zoom and holding for ADS but I don't know.

Third person mode doesn't need a change tho.

if i have a 4x zoom, i surely switch to a red dot weapon before having the chance to enter cqb

i missed a lot of medium range firefights relying on hold to ads (muscle memory from other shooters, for example Ghost recon wildlands, that switch from 3p to ads without any problem) and instead falling into the "zoom a bit"

I'm not asking to remove the feature. simply give the choice to manage it the way we like it

Deleted member 15538

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Discuss the game, not platform wars
No one can be surprised that it runs and plays like shit, some things are just not meant to be played on consoles. This isn't a CoD or BF.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Chicken dinner!!!hahaaha

I didn't really do much. Crawled all the way into the small circle at the end then when it was down to 2 I popped up and there he was.

Win!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
No one can be surprised that it runs and plays like shit, some things are just not meant to be played on consoles. This isn't a CoD or BF.
Not sure what that has to do with anything. It plays fine. Just needs some finetuning in the aiming. And the performance could be better. But thats pretty bad on PC also.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I haven't played much of either game but I'm curious what you think makes this better than Fortnite?
The sound work alone makes this so much more intense. From the gunshots to the steps nearby, especially inside the buildings, the sounds of the cars... That makes you more tense even when you are not finding anyone or is trying to camp. Fortnite by comparison has these moments as a bit boring.

I also like how more limited the weapons feel. Like they take longer to reload and how they demand more of you just to fire.

It feels like this game has all the little details that add up to the adrenaline and in the end of an match you are in complete awe, while fortnite copied the mechanics but completely overlooked these details.

I can see already why this game is so successful, it's like the feeling you have when playing paintball or airsoft, only digital, cheaper and less painful lol

Deleted member 3853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is definitely room to improve controls for sure. Like I said, at the moment the throttle acceleration feels off, that could be tweaked.

What about the actual players though. In the clip you quoted there, it's a prime example of what is wrong... both of the players are holding the LT, praying that the game will lock onto the character for them. They fully expect the game to autolock onto the character and then slowly allot them to easily keep shooting at them... take that same exact situation and increase that players sensitivity a hair and maybe a slightly faster acceleration ramp and he'd probably land a shot.

How do you know what they're thinking? and lol@bold. Those are some low expectations for the amount of shots he took. And 1 hit isn't going to do anything to change the outcome.

Rainbow Six Siege is a top 3-5 most played game on Xbox for a while now and has no auto-aim or any of the things I mentioned. What it does have is well done controls, that's not impossible to replicate and honestly that feel would suit PUBG pretty well I would think.

I don't know a whole lot about Siege except from some videos I've seen. Doesn't seem like there's much recoil and people are mostly taking very close range fights at the same elevation through small openings that they can set their reticule at and use strafe aiming to peek. PUBG is a much more open game where you have to rely more on mouse/right stick movement to switch to enemies. Even becomes more important when you're trying to do shit like track a vehicle that's swerving and hitting bumps trying to dodge your shots. Can't really do too much about recoil without rendering attachments totally useless but aim assist (assist, not snappy auto-aim like that gif theorry posted) would do a lot to help game flow.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sound work alone makes this so much more intense. From the gunshots to the steps nearby, especially inside the buildings, the sounds of the cars... That makes you more tense even when you are not finding anyone or is trying to camp. Fortnite by comparison has these moments as a bit boring.

I also like how more limited the weapons feel. Like they take longer to reload and how they demand more of you just to fire.

It feels like this game has all the little details that add up to the adrenaline and in the end of an match you are in complete awe, while fortnite copied the mechanics but completely overlooked these details.

I can see already why this game is so successful, it's like the feeling you have when playing paintball or airsoft, only digital, cheaper and less painful lol

Exactly!

It's why it's my most favourite game of recent times, the battles really do put you right there with all the action, fine tuning the controls and this will be a wonderful experience.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

I always chuckle when I read something like this cause you read this or similar things quite often like "it is too hard to bring this with good controls to console" .

Sure, we have 1:1 city builder or other simulations, 1:1 MMORPGs like FF XIV that works flawless with a controller, but this little third person shooter with a bit item management named PUBG, no dude, that's too hard to convert for console controls.

:D

I'm not asking to remove the feature. simply give the choice to manage it the way we like it

Yeah, fair enough. But it just started today, they will either give us more options to choose from in the future, or an option to bind them for ourselve or change it when they had a better idea. We will see.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Runs fine and plays fine and is in preview for a reason. I had no significant issues during my playtime, so what are you talking about?

Oct 26, 2017
It seems that people on Xbox Reddit were not joking. Apparently Xbox Support confirmed that there is no trial, may change in the future. So if you're waiting for a trial, may as well give up on that or buy it. I'd buy it if something in the sale of this wasn't interesting, but there is, The Surge for 20 dollars.

Well, ok then.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
How do you know what they're thinking? and lol@bold.

I feel like the clip does a good job of showing the player aggressively holding down LT first, then attempting to adjust his aim afterwards which isn't going as planned because it's moving too slow (since he's aggressively holding down LT to his own detriment).

If you didn't see that, I don't know what to tell ya. I mean, it's pretty clear that he isn't holding down LT because it's working out for him at all.

Seems pretty clear that something along the lines of this gif below is what he was expecting.

Those are some low expectations for the amount of shots he took. And 1 hit isn't going to do anything to change the outcome.

It's weird that you focus on this comment, take it weirdly and use as a focal point and then ignore any of the actual complaints I had about AA, my particulars on the controls as they are now and basically most of my post, etc etc..

I'll pass on the next lol@bold rebuttal going forward tho if it's all the same.

Last edited:

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
JackFrags also echoing what others have been saying

http:///htBc.png

This is what we need, high profile peeps echoing the obvious issue. The game was so heavily built upon on the PC. I am hoping it is the same on the xbox. I remember when we used to get updates almost daily on the PC, improving from feedback.

His comment on recoil and close range is EXACTLY how I feel

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Lol. American servers are better for me. European servers have lots of sneaking around, and in American I can consistently get in the top 10 becuase everyone seems to play TDM.

I had a guy chase me through a building with nothing more than a pistol. It wasn't until he got close did I notice and then I gunners him down.

Dernus

Oct 27, 2017
Ive played a decent amount on PC and picked it up since I got an X recently. It's feels horrible to play coming from PC, I'll check back when they do some patches.

SuperRaddy

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We all got to remember this is game preview and not final release things will change in terms of controls, this is basically bare minimum port. It's janky but the jankiness also means you survive a bit longer as everyone is having th same struggles

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It seems that people on Xbox Reddit were not joking. Apparently Xbox Support confirmed that there is no trial, may change in the future. So if you're waiting for a trial, may as well give up on that or buy it. I'd buy it if something in the sale of this wasn't interesting, but there is, The Surge for 20 dollars.

Well, ok then.

Well I'm not buying it then. Really cheeky of them considering it's standard for all other preview titles.

I can wait.

Deleted member 3853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the clip does a good job of showing the player aggressively holding down LT first, then attempting to adjust his aim afterwards which isn't going as planned because it's moving too slow (since he's aggressively holding down LT to his own detriment).

If you didn't see that, I don't know what to tell ya. I mean, it's pretty clear that he isn't holding down LT because it's working out for him at all.

Seems pretty clear that something along the lines of this gif below is what he expecting.

He didn't hold down LT any more "aggressively" than someone would on PC. What's he supposed to do instead of holding down LT? Hip fire? The guy was juking a little and he was trying to adjust his aim to follow him. He just potatoed all his shots with much of the blame going to an inferior control scheme. He was probably getting frustrated which is understandable for someone trying to make microadjustments on a moving enemy using a stick with no aim assist. Also understandable is his rate of fire given after being initially clipped he was 1 clean hit away from being killed and needed to hit him several times in the body to win.

But ya, clearly I don't understand anything about this game or why this guy was playing the way he was. Guy must have came off a BF1 bender and forgot that not every game has snap locking autoaim.

It's weird that you focus on this comment, take it weirdly and use as a focal point and then ignore any of the actual complaints I had about AA, my particulars on the controls as they are now and basically most of my post.

Just thought that was a funny comment by you given what you saw.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm not buying it then. Really cheeky of them considering it's standard for all other preview titles.

I can wait.

Yeah it kind of defeats the point of calling it a Game Preview if you can't actually preview it; I always assumed it was a standard feature for all of the Preview titles.

Do refunds work on Preview titles?

SuperSplit

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Yeah this is what makes Rainbow Six Siege great on consoles. No aim assist! That's the way it should be. I hope Bluehole also stick to it with PUBG.

Eww!

Pretty sure there is aim assist in Siege, you can turn it on and off in settings. Besides I think the stuttering and random frame drops are the bigger hindrance here.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any tips for shooting in this game?

My experience has been 'I have the drop on this guy!'

Don't hit him once while he turns and kills me instantly.