• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 21, 2018
I'm on team "This is a nod to the Capcom Five".

Probably going to announce four games at once that will come out at various points.

I know some people are saying, "Don't end up like the Capcom 5", since not all give games came out. But the Capcom Five gave us Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe and Killer7, so really if the Platinum Four came out like the Capcom Five, that'd be great.

(P.N.03 is okay.)

I'll also call it now, one of the game's is Yoko Taro's new game, and one of the games may be Viewtiful Joe 3.

I think it's going to be a set of brand new games. W101 port is very likely to be just a Kamiya passion project (therefore, an outlier per se).

We are (probably) on the verge of seeing a modern reincarnation of the "Capcom 5" template.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's going to be a set of brand new games. W101 port is very likely to be just a Kamiya passion project. We are (probably) on the verge of seeing a modern reincarnation of the "Capcom 5" template.
That's very true and I do think the W101 port will be a part of this, but to see what comes. If the W101 rumors are true I guess the first game gets revealed later today (since that Kickstarter is supposed to go live today according to rumors).

Laur

Oct 27, 2017
Ahhhh I can't handle this, been ready to drop big on W101 kickstarter since yesterday.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe that's just wishful thinking but that totally looks reminiscent of the Nier font to me. Just came back from the concert so maybe I just have it on the brain.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
I think some people are setting themselves for disappointment if they think it has anything to do with Nier or Drakengard. Square Enix would be handling any kind of marketing wheter it's a tease or a full trailer, not PG on a random monday.
This is most likely teasing their self publishing initiative (like most people are guessing), I wonder if Wonderful 101 is part of it or if it's just an extra bonus.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the different effects the 4 is doing are related to the four projects, if that is the case.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why they would tease Nier or Bayonetta on their own considering they would just be contracted by other publishers that would handle the marketing.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Bring back the queen!
tumblr_ncdf03A3aC1qjztgpo1_400.gif

...damnit, now I want this.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we'll find out in a few hours. I already know about the Wonderful 101 kickstarter for today. I wonder if there's more

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
1.) Nier Automata on Switch (paving the way for 2B in Smash)
2.) Wonderful 101 port announcement
3.) Bayonetta 3 trailer
4.) Kyle Bosman's favorite way to start the podcast: A new game announcement

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
So we know about the w101 kickstarter.
Bayo 3.
Babylon´s Fall.
And some kind of game that "has never been done before".
And the moment i opened that site i though, "oh shit, that reminds me of the nier automata announcement"

UZjaynN.gif

The smell of platinum games in the morning. What is going on.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
1.) Nier Automata on Switch (paving the way for 2B in Smash)
2.) Wonderful 101 port announcement
3.) Bayonetta 3 trailer
4.) Kyle Bosman's favorite way to start the podcast: A new game announcement

That would be insanely disappointing lol. Two ports, a reveal to a game we already know is coming and one new announcement.

Luckily Bayonetta 3 will be a Direct thing so we don't have to worry about that.

May 21, 2018
Atsushi Inaba actually confirmed that P* has two brand new IPs in development. He did so as recently as last year, so those comments probably weren't 'Lost Order' or 'World of Demons' related.

At any rate, it is likely that we are about to see something new. 👌👌

MikeH

Dec 3, 2018
Maybe 4 is the sales target for that W101 port?

I think it's the name of that publishing thing they wanted to do.