• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Tobey Maguire & Andrew Garfield Appear in Spider-Man: No Way Home?

• Yes! Spider-verse is Happening!

Votes: 414 87.2%
  • No! Tell Me More Sweet Lies!

Votes: 51 10.7%
  • Another Challenger Approaches! Tom Hardy Will Appear!

Votes: 23 4.8%

• Total voters

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
If Tobey doesn't come back as superior Peter I'm gonna be so disappointed, even if the film makers are like man that was never in the cards why/how did all this even start I'm still gonna be disappointed.

Basically they have to do it now to avoid the backlash even if it wasn't the plan lol.

We meme'ed a Justice League no one actually wanted into existence, we can do this!

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
why bring back Jamie foxx if you're not going to bring back the spider bros?

And venom is already mcu adjacent with vulture in morbious, wouldn't be shocked at this point if hardy showed up in Spider-Man 4, probably one of the stipulations for keeping spidey in the mcu

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
why bring back Jamie foxx if you're not going to bring back the spider bros?

And venom is already mcu adjacent with vulture in morbious, wouldn't be shocked at this point if hardy showed up in Spider-Man 4, probably one of the stipulations for keeping spidey in the mcu

Foxx has stated he's not playing the same Electro, specifically pointing out he won't be blue.

Molina's Doc Ock died at the end of Spider-Man 2 so its safe to say he's not the same version.

JK Simmons has already played a different J Jonah Jameson in the last movie.

It's not unreasonable to consider that they are just giving these actors another go at the characters, but as different versions in the MCU.

I would even point out that the Into the Spiderverse movie is about multiple Spider-Peoples but not villains pulled through out the multiverse.

If the rumors about Tobey and Andrew started first, I'd be inclined to believe them. But they started after Jamie Foxx was confirmed as playing a new Electro.

It feels like fan wish craft. There has been no leaked set photos, no leaked anything. We all just want it to be true (and while I'm sceptical I'd mark out like crazy if it happened).

At this point I doubt it's anything.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
It's exactly the sort of cynical move that I'd expect Sony to demand from Marvel after the success of Spider-Verse and to imply that the MCU is somehow connected to their own Spider-Movies, so yes, I believe.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
If Sony was smart they would keep Garfield after this movie and let him be the Spider-Man in Sony's universe with venom. It makes to much sense honestly and a great way to keep Spider-Man in marvel separate from Sony's Spider-Man.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hoping for a reality where Garfield makes an entrance but Maguire is lost to the void.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is pretty much the worst kept secret of current MCU movies. The 1st trailer gonna be wild

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I'm getting the vibe that Garfield will be in the movie more than Maguire, or is that just me?

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
After what leaked on Twitter yesterday its like 99% chance yes - and playing their expected roles.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
all-tree-of-yall.jpg