• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017

After attempting to quiet down his upstairs neighbors, a frustrated man pulled a handgun and fired multiple shots into his ceiling. The final one wound up in his face instead.

On Sunday night, police responded to a call from an apartment building on Baseline Road and 36th Street in Phoenix, according to KXNV. When they got there, they found a man with a gunshot injury to his face.

After interviewing witnesses, police determined that the man had been upset by his upstairs neighbors making too much noise around midnight. He attempted to confront them directly, to no effect.

Phoenix police sergeant Vince Lewis told KTAR that the man "had banged on the (neighbors') door, yelling at them, trying to make contact during this argument." He then headed back downstairs and allegedly retrieved a handgun from his apartment.

Police say that he then pointed the gun upwards towards his ceiling and discharged several shots, the last of which somehow wound up striking him in the face. No other people were injured in the incident.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix Man is going to become a meme...

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Honestly I can understand why. Makes no sense why they'd be continuing to do this even after him slamming on their door. I'd maybe have started blaring music, but not shooting a gun that's just stupid.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
so he shot up, at his neighbors through the floor? he should be looking at a bunch of charges.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
Noise vigilante. Why not call his local police? He's probably not the only person upset about the noise. Instead he went straight to shooting into the ceiling. What if he had killed someone?

Jceaz

Oct 30, 2017
I can never imagine a situation in which I would fire indescriminantly into a room in which I could not see the occupants of. He needs to go to jail for attempted murder.

killdatninja

Oct 26, 2017
Zero empathy for this guy. He escalated a situation beyond what should have by bringing a gun into the mix, what could have happened if he didn't accidentally shoot himself like an idiot?

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
What you need is good neighbors with guns, that'll stop things like this from happening.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
They actually had baseline road closed near the scene this morning when I was driving to work at 4am.

I was thinking it was a bad crash or something..... What an idiot.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Well, if he survives (article says he's in critical condition) I certainly hope they'll charge him with attempted murder. There's no way firing a gun towards where you believe people to be just because they're loud can be anything less.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Zero empathy for this guy. He escalated a situation beyond what should have by bringing a gun into the mix, what could have happened if he didn't accidentally shoot himself like an idiot?

Often whenever I hear news about guns in America I can't help but feel there's a total disconnect with a lot of gun owners reasons for having one.
It's almost as if they see it as a final means to any circumstance where they've had enough and see no other reason other than to pull out a gun and use it.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's OK cause he was part of a well-regulated, angry, downstairs militia.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
giphy.gif