• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
hUqCBN6.png
My bet was 200-400k so... yay

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the combat in Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones is just killing me. Not only is it super difficult, it is also sloooow as shit.

Yeah, the combat stalled my progress in the game.

Not a fan. I'm shelving the game to see if they do some balancing work.

Game is amazing outside of that. Wish they had a baby/story mode so I could just see the content.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the combat stalled my progress in the game.

Not a fan. I'm shelving the game to see if they do some balancing work.

Game is amazing outside of that. Wish they had a baby/story mode so I could just see the content.

If the combat is not the main focus of the game, you can always wait until the good people at cheat engine create cheat tables to make it easier.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
If the combat is not the main focus of the game, you can always wait until the good people at cheat engine create cheat tables to make it easier.

I really need to look more closely at cheat engine at some point.

For whatever reason I've always had this lingering paranoia about running 3rd party apps alongside games.

Maybe I should just get over it.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
dunno how L tt P someone can possibly be but Witcher 2 absolutely holds up

not as good as Witcher 1 but what can you do

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Uzzy I noticed there is no Atelier Ryza recommendation, so i wrote one

The Glorious return of the Atelier Franchise!
Highly-packed with content and upgraded, pretty graphics to deliver a brand-new Atelier experience.
Intricate and interesting crafting mechanics await you on your quest to
Gather materials and engage in the wonderful art of alchemy.
Ho, capitalism, ho!
Steamrelease this october!

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
TOMORROW IS REPUBLICAN SPAIN FOCUS TREE DAY IN HOI4.

I really need to look more closely at cheat engine at some point.

For whatever reason I've always had this lingering paranoia about running 3rd party apps alongside games.

Maybe I should just get over it.
It would be nice if someone could explain the safety of it. I know it only affects some RAM values and it is safe, but maybe someone with better knowledge can help you feel safer.

Highly-packed with content and upgraded, pretty graphics to deliver a brand-new Atelier experience.
Ho, capitalism, ho!
No mention of the ... attributes ... of the MC?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Ho, capitalism, ho!

And added to the OP!

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017

Ho, capitalism, ho!

Well played

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I finished the D2 challenge before this thread went up. I'm too powerful.

Also jesus chris, d2 was 3 years ago. Tempus fugit and all that.

claytonlee101

Oct 27, 2017
Wow Sword of Ditto in a bundle. Beautiful game but lacking a little something to push it to 'great' status. The controls and movement feel slow and stiff and overall just feels I dunno, lifeless.
It's kinda like a roguelite where you're supposed to replay it multiple times but I don't really want to play it after my first playthrough.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone itching for more Darkest Dungeon should check out Warsaw releasing tomorrow.

ss_a58cf346fe58b4edbbfda31495ded9367641a169.1920x1080.jpg

ss_6a8fc6b2c001cf47ee616159e0b9038ec7bc5866.1920x1080.jpg

Then we have Mistover later this month.

ss_3763fd5153098cba083b1499c73c3afc222a3152.1920x1080.jpg

ss_15b3e0fd7aa7ba71798a6dd3232c649e79ca381e.1920x1080.jpg

closer

Oct 25, 2017
ah i made the mistake of preloading a steam game again
does anyone know if there is a way to unpack a game while playing another? is this advisable if im playing a multiplayer game?

Nm, i see you can keep it unpacking but it basically kills the game im trying to play. Im reading that the game im trying to unpack isnt currently working anyway so ima hold off

Last edited:

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Well, I got lucky and actually just finished it. Let's just say that the second half of the game is extremely rushed.
Yeah everyone has been saying the game just ends with even some sidequests being in progress.

They're doing a stream tomorrow in regards to future plans so hopefully dlc will be like 6 months away and not 2 years lol

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
Just finished Eastshade. Do not sleep on that game. It's low budget, it's short, it's a little off at times. But it's so damn charming and pleasant. Took me about 6.5 hours according to steam (with the help of a guide for one or two less-than-obvious steps). The game really tugged at my heartstrings, oddly enough. Maybe it's the tumultuous period in my life that it found me in, but having such a relaxing and wholesome experience was so welcome. I loved this game, and I'd recommend it to almost anyone who's looking for something chill.

Now, as to what I'm going to play next. I've picked back up on Va-11 Hall-A, actually. Playing a day a night, to try and keep the pace up. I really like it, it's super relaxing as well. I don't see it talked about much on here, which is a shame. I'm really enjoying it. But it's not something that can hold my attention for hours. I was thinking Pathologic 2, but I'm looking for something from this year that might be a little more light hearted. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know please!

Edit: I should be more specific, actually. I'm feeling like I'm in the mood for a recent, fast-paced platformer of sorts. I dunno, something preferably indie that's focused on being a fun experience.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Just finished Eastshade. Do not sleep on that game. It's low budget, it's short, it's a little off at times. But it's so damn charming and pleasant. Took me about 6.5 hours according to steam (with the help of a guide for one or two less-than-obvious steps). The game really tugged at my heartstrings, oddly enough. Maybe it's the tumultuous period in my life that it found me in, but having such a relaxing and wholesome experience was so welcome. I loved this game, and I'd recommend it to almost anyone who's looking for something chill.

Now, as to what I'm going to play next. I've picked back up on Va-11 Hall-A, actually. Playing a day a night, to try and keep the pace up. I really like it, it's super relaxing as well. I don't see it talked about much on here, which is a shame. I'm really enjoying it. But it's not something that can hold my attention for hours. I was thinking Pathologic 2, but I'm looking for something from this year that might be a little more light hearted. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know please!

Edit: I should be more specific, actually. I'm feeling like I'm in the mood for a recent, fast-paced platformer of sorts. I dunno, something preferably indie that's focused on being a fun experience.
If you haven't played it, I recommend Dust: an Elysian Tail.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 on PC @ 130+ FPS / 144 Hz feels really nice. So damn smooth.

My only previous Destiny experience was the D2 launch on a base PS4, so this is quite the jump. Looks pretty good too.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So uh how do I just buy Destiny 2 proper? What's the ideal bundle I should be getting? Haven't played the series since Taken King on PS4 a long time ago.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
My experience with Destiny ended after Year One, after a ridiculous amount of hours that year. Have these areas improved by now with the sequel?

- Needing to LFG for high level events like raids and nightfalls, unless you have your own dedicated group of course and unless they haven't drifted away to other games.

- Having the Grimoire readable in game instead of going to a website.

- Loot drops so rare that by the time you get the thing, they've advance the levels enough that it's useless.

- How is the monetization now? Because the grind was pretty bad back then even before the game was monetized (other than expansions).

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
So uh how do I just buy Destiny 2 proper? What's the ideal bundle I should be getting? Haven't played the series since Taken King on PS4 a long time ago.

Base game (plus a few expansions): Free to play

Forsaken expansion (already existing):

Shadowkeep expansion (new one):

I'm just starting with the F2P and will decide if I get the rest based on how much I end up liking it

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Base game (plus a few expansions): Free to play

Forsaken expansion (already existing):

Shadowkeep expansion (new one):

I'm just starting with the F2P and will decide if I get the rest based on how much I end up liking it

Thanks! I got Destiny 2 in a Humble Monthly a while ago - I'm guessing that doesn't translate into me getting anything paid for free on Steam now?

Status
Not open for further replies.