• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How was the PC Gaming Era GOTY Awards?

• Finally, a PC exclusive won this bloody thing

Votes: 233 47.5%
  • Agent 47 was robbed

Votes: 69 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy was robbed

Votes: 12 2.4%
  • Anime was robbed

Votes: 76 15.5%
  • Epic Store was robbed

Votes: 101 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Guess I bought something this Winter sale after all.

bRicXnh.png

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
SEGA finally embracing the PC market. Yakuza 0 and VC4 last year and now we get Kiwami and potentially Catherine.
SEGA is actually one of the biggest PC publishers and releases a lot of PC games, it's not a new thing. It's just SEGA Japan being incredibly short-sighted and doing dumb business decisions as usual, but thankfully they seem to be turning things around and aligning themselves with the other divisions.

It's good, but there's some issues with it. The writing is the usual top notch you expect, but it's a little flabby in the second act. The world it builds is excellent though, and the questions it explores about the use of power deeply resonated with me.
I see, will take another look at it. Have you tried Age of Decadence?

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
In my activity feed I saw two people (Tizoc is one of them) purchasing Ninja Blade despite it not being discounted. Is it getting delisted or something like that?

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Catherine for PC would be incredible and perhaps a good sign of things to come. But please, SEGA, just tell me when Kiwami is coming :(

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
OH MY FUCKING GOD AN ATLUS GAME COULD BE COMING TO PC EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE NOW

... The question is, would I rebuy Catherine? I'll have to think about it.
My reason for owning a ps3 is nearly gone, what with rpcs3 working wonders AND most of the games I got it for coming to PC (albeit late). I know I'd rebuy catherine, you should too

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Someone (Hektor was it?) brought up a good point in the other thread about how Atlus' improved versions haven't always been well received, so maybe us getting classic Catherine is a blessing in disguise.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Putting the old version of a game just before you release a new one with all new content is so stupid that I believe it. FFS Atlus you dumbasses

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a secret tip for guessing what game Sega is gonna announce next for PC. (it always holds, somehow)
Nothing that was ever touched by fucking Atlus

Last edited:

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i didn't like what i played out of catherine (partly cos those ants sort of triggered my phobias) but hope persona makes it too

The game has a lot of management, so yeah, there are a lot of menus, but the only one I would complain is the weapon upgrade one, it should be more direct.
at least at the moment i find the quick wheel pretty annoying to use, can you map items to the d-pad? that'd be cool

other than that i just find it a hassle, inventory management is never fun and this game adds so many upgrades and different types of equipment for you and your cat and bounties and research and whatnot, it's kind of tedious. while i like having to walk places to do stuff cos idk, i'm weird, i wish there was some sort of centralized menu to single-button do a quick receive rewards for all your bounties, maybe more quickly browse through your upgrades, etc. i'm not sure how i'd like it tbh, haven't played enough of the game and there really are a lot of systems to go through, but i do wish it was simplified further.

also is the lock-on system broken or just different for gameplay reasons? it just feels it keeps breaking lock-on and it's a lot less strafe-y than i'm used to

Yeah, aside from the small combo list on the training area and the hunter notes, there's not much else. The katana is one of the simplest weapons, so you don't miss much, but things like the charged blade are crazy and the game doesn't tell you anywhere some of the most vital things, my SO mained it and until she watched a video she was using it very poorly and not unleashing its stronger attacks because she didn't know they existed.
yeah that's kind of bad. it's not a big deal if you watch the videos, but during my time using the bug spear i really felt like i was missing a key part of how the weapon works

i want to play more with that cos pole vaulting is fun

I bought an Alienware Alpha in 2015 and it's honestly still fine in 2019. It runs new games like Forza Horizon 4 or Shadow of the Tomb Raider at base console-ish settings, so I'm thinking about upgrading some time after the release of next gen systems - and I want to do the same thing, buy a powerful mini PC and use it for one generation.
i think that'll work again, but i wouldn't expect to do any better

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea, I saw people talking how only P4G had good changes in the Catherine thread.
The issue with FES is the bonus campaign being unessecary, badly written trash.
At least it's optional, unlike that Anti-Sue Marie in P4G.
The Answer in FES was bad.
P4G introduced extra shitty fanservice scenes, and a terrible new character.

Outside of Persona: Strange Journey Redux is controversial as well.
i see. thanks for the replies, all of you!

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
persona 3 fes is great, you can just ignore the bad epilogue thing like i did

i like the regular ending better anyways

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
My reason for owning a ps3 is nearly gone, what with rpcs3 working wonders AND most of the games I got it for coming to PC (albeit late). I know I'd rebuy catherine, you should too

With Catherine going PC I really should fire up my PS3, finally complete Scott Pilgrim and ebay the old lady. Or check out RPCS3.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that Catherine will probably be a port from a third party for Sega Europe, so it's not like Atlus is doing anything.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I mean, that Catherine will probably be a port from a third party for Sega Europe, so it's not like Atlus is doing anything.

Yeah but if SEGA hadn't bought Atlus do you think it would still happen period? That's my thing. People are being quick to point out how this doesn't necessarily involve Atlus, and I'd just like to say thank fuck they got snapped up by SEGA.

Cuz even if Atlus wants to avoid PC until their all old and grey, SEGA can obviously force the issue , even if it's a bit late. And as someone who just wants to be done with consoles period, that's good news in my book.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else remember when Sega started teasing Bayonetta on Steam and there were people going "now hold on, this all might be for Bayonetta news unrelated to PC."

Hereafter

Dec 13, 2017
Yep. It includes the season pass which has both dlc expansions.

Thanks! The quote on the season pass page said you get a discounted price which implies you have to buy them.

"DARK SOULS™ III experience with the Season Pass and gain access to 2 epic DLC packs at a discounted price " Such horrible descriptions. The Dark Souls 3 page also have a review for Dark Souls 2 :-/

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! The quote on the season pass page said you get a discounted price which implies you have to buy them.

"DARK SOULS™ III experience with the Season Pass and gain access to 2 epic DLC packs at a discounted price " Such horrible descriptions. The Dark Souls 3 page also have a review for Dark Souls 2 :-/
They mean that the season pass costs less than buying them separately.

What if we get Persona 5 on PC by the end of the year XD
A lot of console warriors on and off era get mad?

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Yeah but if SEGA hadn't bought Atlus do you think it would still happen period? That's my thing. People are being quick to point out how this doesn't necessarily involve Atlus, and I'd just like to say thank fuck they got snapped up by SEGA.
Same, I don't really care if (japanese) Atlus has zero involvement and it's SEGA Europe doing all the work. As long as the port is decent and we know that Atlus games aren't off the table it could be SEGA porting it internally or a third party or whatever as far as I am concerned.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017

Cuz even if Atlus wants to avoid PC until their all old and grey, SEGA can obviously force the issue , even if it's a bit late. And as someone who just wants to be done with consoles period, that's good news in my book.

Yeah but i mean that this is thanks to Sega, and doesn't mean anything is changing regarding Atlus (especially seeing this will probably be a port of the original version instead of the new one). Obviously i don't care who brings the goods.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was just looking at Strnge Journey Redux. What is controversial about it?

The game is fine, it's just me overreacting because I really love the original. Some of the new character art looks out of place and a lot of people don't like new dungeon.

Famicon SMT games on Steam would be a nice impossible dream

If Atlus released SMT 1 & 2 ports on PC I'd buy like 20 copies and gift them to people.

Last edited:

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got 428 Shibuya Scramble and Far Cry Primal to close out the sale. Now when to play all this while going through DQXI and AC:Odyssey? Why are all videogames so long these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.