• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tombstone for Orange should say:

• Windows ME is a good operating system

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • UN Ambassador for PC Gaming

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Report this Orange man

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Still thinks PC Gaming is dead

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • ༼ つ ▀̿_▀̿ ༽つ (I have no idea if this one is allowed)

Votes: 57 22.3%
  • nice thread btw :)

Votes: 91 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Lol again xD

8vNWJtn.png

5B4Y0gQ.png

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
For instance, say, Fanatical, will ask for some keys and when they start running low, they'll ask for another batch, which we just generate from Steamworks.

Interesting. Now I'm curious: what should people do to give you the most revenue? Buy Cuphead on Steam or on Fanatical?

I also saw that "grey" sites like cdkeys are only selling the Xbox/Windows 10 version of Cuphead. Any idea where these keys are coming from? I know cdkeys often buys retail in bulk, but retail versions aren't play anywhere afaik...

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn on the borderlands review bombing.
on one hand I understand wanting to voice your displeasure with the epic store deal.
on the other hand they really should also be getting some praise for the updates they just did to their older games for free.
Overall I consider it a wash and will just enjoy the free updates for the next year as I play through the games again lol.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
MMOs are still doing okay, there just isn't more room for subscription based MMOs to show up and don't ever expect something as big as WoW again.
That's a good thing though, I stopped playing FFXIV because of subscription, it simply doesn't offer me anything that I consider valuable enough to spend the money every month, not to mention still buying addons.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Now I'm curious: what should people do to give you the most revenue? Buy Cuphead on Steam or on Fanatical?

I also saw that "grey" sites like cdkeys are only selling the Xbox/Windows 10 version of Cuphead. Any idea where these keys are coming from? I know cdkeys often buys retail in bulk, but retail versions aren't play anywhere afaik...
Huh?

Edit: Otherwise, Cuphead is play anywhere for Xbox, so a physical copy in Xbox should also give you a key that works in PC too.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
That's a good thing though, I stopped playing FFXIV because of subscription, it simply doesn't offer me anything that I consider valuable enough to spend the money every month, not to mention still buying addons.
The problem is its very hard to find a good F2P MMO. There's just so much grindy, uninspired, skinner box garbage.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017

I'm pretty sure that, for Cuphead specifically, cdkeys is just buying bulk copies of keys from other 3rd party sellers when it's on sale, then reselling those keys.

In general, if you're seeing massive discounts on cdkeys, it's because the publisher hasn't locked down on regions. So Bethesda and WB games generally get the biggest discounts, because they haven't region restricted their games (though I think Bethesda has started, WB just doesn't care for whatever reason).

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I'm torn on the borderlands review bombing.
on one hand I understand wanting to voice your displeasure with the epic store deal.
on the other hand they really should also be getting some praise for the updates they just did to their older games for free.

I appreciate the free update, but I hate the publisher for making the exclusivity deal. I doubt they even realize what the impact of this deal may be on the future of Steam and pc gaming in general.

This said, I've decided not to participate in review bombing, and I've sent a tweet to the publisher instead. I really doubt the people responsible for the exclusivity deal will ever be aware of my tweet tho, while no doubt they will be informed of the review bombing.

This situation really is f*cked up...

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Huh?

Edit: Otherwise, Cuphead is play anywhere for Xbox, so a physical copy in Xbox should also give you a key that works in PC too.

I did a search and only found the Xbox version. Probably because the Steam key is out of stock.

But I was convinced that play anywhere was for digital purchases, not retail.

I'm pretty sure that, for Cuphead specifically, cdkeys is just buying bulk copies of keys from other 3rd party sellers when it's on sale, then reselling those keys.

In general, if you're seeing massive discounts on cdkeys, it's because the publisher hasn't locked down on regions. So Bethesda and WB games generally get the biggest discounts, because they haven't region restricted their games (though I think Bethesda has started, WB just doesn't care for whatever reason).

That makes sense. Thanks for the information!

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
The problem is its very hard to find a good F2P MMO. There's just so much grindy, uninspired, skinner box garbage.
Korean F2P MMOs are definitely acquired taste, I'm more enjoying Pay once Play forever stuff like GW2 or TESO, I like how they don't ask you to fully commit to them and you can play them completely relaxed for years sometimes buying addons.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017

So if that's the case, is it a bad idea to jump on those sales, from a 'help the devs' perspective? I know it likely isn't the same as, say, the 'gamer with limited budget' perspective

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Did humble fix leaking their monthly games in their website code? I'm not seeing any rumors.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what I think by now. While I know these threads tend to suck, I feel people should still make them rather than let idiots be the only ones making the discussion.

At least this way some people who genuinely don't know any better can get informed, and might help in future to make these threads less awful.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
We already have the anti-steam brigade in there, spearheaded by bluexy. (and "would anyone think of the developers!" nome.)

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
So if that's the case, is it a bad idea to jump on those sales, from a 'help the devs' perspective? I know it likely isn't the same as, say, the 'gamer with limited budget' perspective

Buying from CDKeys is a roundabout way of "helping the devs", though usually it's just major publisher games that people buy from them, so it's moot point.

Buying from a 3rd party site generally gives the devs/pubs the same 30/70 split as anywhere else (except Epic or Dischord, ha). Buying directly from a developer's website (through their own key distribution or from a Humble Widget) will give the dev a bigger cut.

But, while we've been very lucky so far with our success, I'm not super concerned with inching out every dime we can. I get that people can't always afford games and I don't know what your budget or living conditions are like. I would definitely prefer that a person doesn't pirate our game, but we put out a DRM free version on GoG, so we're obviously not trying to do everything in our power to prevent it from happening. But, we feel like we made a good game at a fair price, at fairly great risk to ourselves, so we would hope that people would recognize that what we are offering is fair.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
But, we feel like we made a good game at a fair price, at fairly great risk to ourselves, so we would hope that people would recognize that what we are offering is fair.

I don't have anything to add other than Cuphead is amazing and a game I think about quite a bit. One of these days I'll playthrough it again.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I chose the wrong time to randomly decide to finish the game lol, tho I can see the new animations in distant 20xx when I attempt expert mode.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I'm...not sure exactly what you're asking here, but yes, Mugman still drinks from his head (though he has second intro animation now as well).
I remember you telling me the "lore" behind that haha. Is it still their souls and akin to a kid sucking on their thumb?

What are they drinking? Is the sentient part also in the liquid or only in the cup/mug part? How is it refilled?
Last time he told me what I said above.

Status
Not open for further replies.