• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i just don't back big accounts, usually the benefits are more about behind the scenes stuff i am not interested in or because they show releases to you earlier which again isn't interesting to me. I support people who i feel have a great platform that create content i enjoy and see my backing through Patreon as a means for them to give more attention to it. But when i notice that they have been progressing a lot creating more financial stability to the point they don't need my backing anymore for financial stability i just drop those creators and search for new ones to support on the road to succes.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone else find it weird when content creators are making impassioned pleas for donations, despite earning way above average working wages on Patreon already? Or when you do pledge to someone and they don't even thank you? How about when they keep directing you to their discord server which they're never active in? Charging per month and not releasing anything...?

Call me cynical I guess, but I've been encountering these things quite a lot lately. I really like he concept of supporting creative endeavours through small regular donations however it feels like a lot of creators these days take support from strangers for granted and come off rather entitled

Curious to see what everyone thinks about the platform and what kind of engagement they've come to expect, or if they feel some creators tend to overreach?

I dont really support anyone who does not release regular content. EasyAllies, cimooooo and Mark brown are awesome content creators that deserve to stay alive.

Aug 7, 2019
Nobody support Gar1onriva

They are one of the most infamous Patreon scam artists

They were actually entitled enough to chastise me for only pledging about 3 times a year and ended by threatening they'd block me

That's not normal, right?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My favorite channel mentions their Patreon maybe once a year.
They tell people to subscribe about once a year.
I think they told people to smash that 'like' button one time in their entire history, mockingly.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
As long as they meet the obligations they lay out I don't see a problem with it.
People support artists/bands they're into by buying their merchandise when they're already loaded.
Patreon is an alternative to completely selling out, which is a good thing in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.