• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Monolithsoft should look at this and allow us to set Xenoblade 2's AA and sharpness filter.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
The high Sharpening creates very thin visible outlines that give the game an almost (even more) stylized look. This kind of makes it feel even more like it's "own" thing compared to the other console versions instead of a straight up technically inferior - but still very impressive - port.

I just ran through Novigrad for testing out different settings and thought that visually, it looked almost like a mix between Witcher 3 and Thronebreaker at times

Agreed.

Moz La Punk

Journalist at Gamer.nl & Power Unlimited
Verified
May 15, 2018
The Netherlands
Again ive put like 60 hours in switcher 3 the past couple of weeks, and now four hours with the update. It looks sooo much better on tv, this is magic. Theres really no excuse left now for switch missing current gen open world games. Switcher 3 comes in some ways pretty close to base ps4 version. Its insane.

edit: i play with sharpness on as well Baron's town and novigrad look amazing especially when its clear weather (so like 30 percent of the time lolol)

Im so happy my game of the gen is on switch and in this quality now. Hope there will be more of these sort of games on switch now. Cmon publishers. Try Ac Odyssey for example.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Sorry. These are me, via twitter upload. Undocked. Also, depth of field is turned off on all images.

ERFJNuYUEAA4GeN

ERFJuFaUUAEiM_Z

ERFJpnYUYAAowGl

ERFJjseVAAAX6Hm

ERFJd9sVUAAOzrA

ERFJZqoU4AAWnKl

Last edited:

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
PC cross save should really become the standard for ports of this kind. Hard to argue the TV experience for many of these games isn't somewhat subpar, but with games getting cheap fairly soon on steam this is a good way to get the best of both worlds without too much additional cost.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Again ive put like 60 hours in switcher 3 the past couple of weeks, and now four hours with the update. It looks sooo much better on tv, this is magic. Theres really no excuse left now for switch missing current gen open world games. Switcher 3 comes in some ways pretty close to base ps4 version. Its insane.

edit: i play with sharpness on as well Baron's town and novigrad look amazing especially when its clear weather (so like 30 percent of the time lolol)

Im so happy my game of the gen is on switch and in this quality now. Hope there will be more of these sort of games on switch now. Cmon publishers. Try Ac Odyssey for example.
This sounds fantastic, I can't wait to dive back in soon.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
If you are gonna turn on sharpess to high make sure you have AA on. If you are gonna turn AA off make sure sharpness is set to low or off

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
I will definitely pick this up now. The bluriness like Doom and Wolfenstein was holding me back. No AA looks great! Panic Button, take notice!

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
How long does it take to download this patch?
Might give it a quick look after work and before bed, i'm so curious:)

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Saber is turning out to be a good competitor to Panic Button for best Switch porting studio.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
May pick this up for a NG+ run in the future, though likely after a price drop since I'm still in the middle of my first run on PC. Everything about this port has been impressive.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Saber is turning out to be a good competitor to Panic Button for best Switch porting studio.

Their quality is already better than Panic Button's IMO. Panic Button choose to cut framerates in half and still degrade image quality by quite a bit, while Saber now has at least 3 impressive conversions of 30fps games (the ones I'm thinking of are this, Call of Cthulhu and Vampyr).

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
Their quality is already better than Panic Button's IMO. Panic Button choose to cut framerates in half and still degrade image quality by quite a bit, while Saber now has at least 3 impressive conversions of 30fps games (the ones I'm thinking of are this, Call of Cthulhu and Vampyr).
One type of game is slower paced and the other ones arent

Plum

May 31, 2018
Turning off AA makes a massive difference in handheld mode. It almost looks native 720p for how crisp it can look at times, and the jaggies aren't that distracting overall.

Oct 25, 2017
Like a true crazy person, I just ordered this from Amazon since it was discounted. I have a PS4 save that I never finished, and tried recently to start playing it on my Xbox One X, but wasn't keen on starting over again. But now I've gone and bought this because the patch looks awesome. I find I'm much more willing to play longer games on my Switch (because it's so easy to pick up and play for a bit without a lot of extra hassle) so I hope this will finally be the time I finish this game. Not to mention having all the expansions there is a big bonus.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I was going to mention Vampyr. That looks superb on Switch.

Footage from NateDrake 's youtube channel

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Does this maintain separate settings for docked vs. handheld, or do you have to change it each time you undock if you don't want the same settings for both?

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Does anyone know how difficult a task it is to implement cross-save across games? For example, how hard would it be for Ubisoft to implement cross-save for it's games?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And isn't that game also semi-open world? I haven't played it yet but I remember reading something like that.

Call of Cthulhu is also pretty good but very linear.

If I remember correctly from when my brother was playing(I haven't played it either!) it's like the modern Deus Ex, so open but not to the scale you would normally describe as an open world game.

Blackjaw

Nov 21, 2017
I downloaded on my Switch Lite, I think AA on and sharp high looks best for me. I might play AA off and sharp low for a bit, but just walking around Novigrad with a bit more sharpness was awesome.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope that this game will be a big success on Switch and they will be rewarded in the end. The amount of work and care they have put into the Switch port is good to see.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Working on an undocked comparison showing AA on/off with sharpening high/low/off. Hopefully it doesn't take me forever to edit and cut the entire thing.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a sweet spot that looks good both docked/undocked so I'm not messing with settings all the time?