• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the hint!! As to your questions, some hints of my own:

1. Have you found the three valves and used them?
2. You don't get inside through the front door. Your number 3 will follow number 2.

1. I have, but I used them so early into my playthrough that I can't even remember what the item they unlock was.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm reasonably certain crystals spawn infinitely in places. Or they spawn at different times of the day. I've definitely seen them in places I've been to before where they weren't.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1. I have, but I used them so early into my playthrough that I can't even remember what the item they unlock was.

Straight answer:
You use them @ the farm to flood the pathways. Before doing that, you could see an item through one of the grates on the floor, and by flooding the place that item rises above it and you can grab it.

edit: oh wow, i found the place to use my last item, and this stuff came pretty much out of nowhere, lol. i guess it would make more sense if i had found the place before acquiring such item.

edit2: *wow*, this is pretty much giving me every last bit of info that I needed, all in one place. this is incredible

Last edited:

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
You should continue buying sodas until you've gotten the
laptop upgrade.
Then you can stop.
This is a two-step process - after a certain amount of sodas you get notified about a broken machine with something stashed in it, then after even more sodas you will get notified that the machine now works and you can get the upgrade from it

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'm close to exhausting all the leads. I just have three left:

1. What Lydia and Sam were doing at the farm
  2. Getting into the bunker. I have the guards on patrol so they're not in there anymore, but I don't know where to find the key
  3. Where the extra marshal bodies came from

I can help with number 2 and 3.

You can access the barracks through the roof, there's no ladder you just have to jump around the hills. Best way to reach it is to go to the main barracks entrance, the one guarded by the Marshal, take both ladders on your left, then circle around the left of the entire compound until you get to the roofs that are see through where you should see a hatch to open.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how I can find the answers to
what agitated Henry
and
what Sam and Lydia were doing on the beach
?

I've combed over pretty much everywhere I can think of and talked to everyone but these two pieces are still missing.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
Straight answer:
You use them @ the farm to flood the pathways. Before doing that, you could see an item through one of the grates on the floor, and by flooding the place that item rises above it and you can grab it.

edit: oh wow, i found the place to use my last item, and this stuff came pretty much out of nowhere, lol. i guess it would make more sense if i had found the place before acquiring such item.

edit2: *wow*, this is pretty much giving me every last bit of info that I needed, all in one place. this is incredible

I got the item. I just couldn't remember what it was or how it could still be relevant, though from looking at the evidence, I'm pretty sure it was Lydia's damaged tablet. I don't know what else I can do with it, though. I don't have anything else I can discuss with that person, and I don't know know whom I could take it to to fix it.

I can help with number 2 and 3.

You can access the barracks through the roof, there's no ladder you just have to jump around the hills. Best way to reach it is to go to the main barracks entrance, the one guarded by the Marshal, take both ladders on your left, then circle around the left of the entire compound until you get to the roofs that are see through where you should see a hatch to open.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm not actually sure where you're talking about.

I'm at the entrance, but I don't even see any ladders. I see a single staircase, with another one nearby, but that takes me to a fenced-in area.

To be clear, I'm in front of Akiko's blood scanner and in the tunnel that leads directly to her and Henry.

Does anyone know how I can find the answers to
what agitated Henry
and
what Sam and Lydia were doing on the beach
?

I've combed over pretty much everywhere I can think of and talked to everyone but these two pieces are still missing.
I have the first one. You'll want to go somewhere you probably haven't been often:

Paradise Gates

Last edited:

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got the item. I just couldn't remember what it was or how it could still be relevant, though from looking at the evidence, I'm pretty sure it was Lydia's damaged tablet. I don't know what else I can do with it, though. I don't have anything else I can discuss with that person, and I don't know know whom I could take it to to fix it.

Ah, I see. Then you might be missing some other clues that will then lead you back to her. If it is what I think it is, some more hints:

This is probably related to the second seal. Have you searched the cliffs overlooking the obelisks on the beach? There's also an item under the big bridge that leads to the reality folding thing that could unlock more conversations with her. And there's some stuff on the penthouse roof as well.

I'm at the entrance, but I don't even see any ladders. I see a single staircase, with another one nearby, but that takes me to a fenced-in area.

To be clear, I'm in front of Akiko's blood scanner and in the tunnel that leads directly to her and Henry.

Okay, so the barracks have 2 entrances: one is right where you are, and another is by the Syndicate HQ, near Carmelina's place. Get to the HQ and look at the map to see where the barracks should be from your position, and you'll see the other entrance up there. This other entrance is the one the other poster is referring to.

Last edited:

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
How do you get to where Akiko is? I assume you need to extend and cross the bridge but I don't know how.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another two hours played and I am just loving this game. I am mesmerized by the world/history. I just like exploring and meeting all the weirdos. There's a ton to discover too (btw GET A FOOTBATH).

Honestly makes me feel like I did the first time I played a Suda or Swery game. That's exceedingly rare.

Absolutely floored.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The game is really good and its lore fascinating. I feel like I have an idea of what is happening but I need to have access to new areas I am not finding just yet

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Just finished this. I'm pretty sure I tracked down every piece of evidence and I'm VERY glad that the marketing about how there's no true ending and the game isn't interested in confirming whether your verdicts are correct was mostly nonsense. As long as you're thorough, everything comes together to paint a very clear and satisfying picture of what happened. And boy is there a lot that happened lol.

This was a fun mystery to puzzle out with a healthy mix of things that were fairly easy to deduce along with frequent curve balls thrown in that changed my perception of events until everything started rapidly clicking into place near the end. I suspect the open nature of the exploration could possibly lead to people finding damning evidence fairly early on though and removing some of the suspense, but there are also a lot of different mysteries so it will take a while regardless to find answers to everything.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really just loving these vibes. It's like...a weirder, more laid back Danganronpa.

Absolutely living paycheck to paycheck on these blood crystals, though.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My wife was in the next room reading for an hour while played this. She comes out and says 'is this on spotify?'

I'm really just loving these vibes. It's like...a weirder, more laid back Danganronpa.

Absolutely living paycheck to paycheck on these blood crystals, though.

Did you get a footbath? If not, do it now.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
Straight answer:

It's the same item I couldn't find a use for, can you tell me where to use it?

Anyway basically at the end I was missing the same clues as you, I went to the trials and
accused every member of the Syndacate e declared innocent Henry and Last One Kiss, since I was pretty sure that Witness activated the remote control for the demon container to open and kill the Council. Not sure Last One Kiss is innocent but really couldn't find any evidence against her.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Literally just came across it. I need a few more crystals, give me a few minutes ^^

Edit: Oh shi-

It's a star-filled sky of hearts! Really opens the game up and that first moment of understanding what you're looking at is actually kind of special.

FWIW I'm approaching this how I played BOTW and it's been sublime so far.

I bought the soundtrack on bandcamp without any hesitation. The music is too crispy

I'm waiting for the next Bandcamp Friday. Hoping for this on Vinyl too.

Music is really great and I love that exploring rewards you with more of it.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
So is there more than one trial? Everything I'm doing at the moment seems to only contribute to the murder case set up at the beginning of the game.

Amazing if so as all I've done so far is spend hours walking around the island questioning people!

Best game I've bought in ages!

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
So is there more than one trial? Everything I'm doing at the moment seems to only contribute to the murder case set up at the beginning of the game.
You accuse someone and present evidence for every case file listed in your computer. So that includes the main mass murder but also the disappearance of K. HX, the dead guards outside where the council members were killed, how each seal guarding the council was breached, etc.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished this. I'm pretty sure I tracked down every piece of evidence and I'm VERY glad that the marketing about how there's no true ending and the game isn't interested in confirming whether your verdicts are correct was mostly nonsense. As long as you're thorough, everything comes together to paint a very clear and satisfying picture of what happened. And boy is there a lot that happened lol.

This was a fun mystery to puzzle out with a healthy mix of things that were fairly easy to deduce along with frequent curve balls thrown in that changed my perception of events until everything started rapidly clicking into place near the end. I suspect the open nature of the exploration could possibly lead to people finding damning evidence fairly early on though and removing some of the suspense, but there are also a lot of different mysteries so it will take a while regardless to find answers to everything.

The stuff about the "true ending" seems to mostly pertain to the whole "truth vs facts" theme. If you have all the facts you can still present a truth that satisfies your ideal for who should be punished and who shouldn't.

I presented everything at first including Sam and Lydia's involvement in the case, and felt they shouldn't be straight-up executed for it so I reloaded to omit them and that was still enough to convict Witness

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the game acknowledges every outcome and the ending is pretty lackluster without an opportunity to reflect with the remaining characters. Or maybe I missed something.

Edit: Also this game is just dripping with Suda influence but I'm also picking up some Dorohedoro vibes from a lot of it.

Last edited:

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's the same item I couldn't find a use for, can you tell me where to use it?

Go to the top of the temple mountain, past the graveyard, where One Last Kiss is standing. Then go a little past her and to the left, and you should see a strange mark on the ground by the cliff edge.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So how is the game? Does it get tedious at some point searching for all the clues in this big ass open world or does it goes along smoothly?

I really like the atmosphere and music but i'm not sure if the unique concept really works!

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, loving the game. Both the mystery part and just general exploration.
Question though. Does the
footbath
sort of spoil the exploration? Or is it kinda necessary in the end?

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, loving the game. Both the mystery part and just general exploration.
Question though. Does the
footbath
sort of spoil the exploration? Or is it kinda necessary in the end?
It's not mandatory if you want to just beat the game, but if you want to go after relics and blood crystals there are many places you can't reach without them, and you can also create your own shortcuts to get to some places/people faster than the slow, expected way.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
It's not mandatory if you want to just beat the game, but if you want to go after relics and blood crystals there are many places you can't reach without them, and you can also create your own shortcuts to get to some places/people faster than the slow, expected way.
I meant the other ability. Feels a bit like cheating

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
Playing this through with a friend and we're loving the game. Odd compliment but the naming of everything in this game is just fantastic. Huge kudos to the people that sat down and thought all that through.

So how is the game? Does it get tedious at some point searching for all the clues in this big ass open world or does it goes along smoothly?

I really like the atmosphere and music but i'm not sure if the unique concept really works!
6 hours in so it could change but so far the trecking around is fun. There's methods to mitigate slow travel/back-tracking and the travel time from point A to point B so far has been useful in trying to come up with my own theories as to what's going on. I think one other thing that makes the world travel more fun is that there's lots of lore + additional items littered throughout and interesting bits adding to the world. I'm kinda shocked how invested I've ended up in the island itself.

I think the part that slows it down a bit more is actually the conversations. You can talk to everyone about every keypoint... which makes the conversations with some characters a little tedious. Ofc some feel like they'd be easy points to skip (why would X know about Y?) but it seems much more beneficial exhausting almost all options to make sure nothing is missed.

Still a recommendation from me. There's a lot to enjoy so far.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Playing this through with a friend and we're loving the game. Odd compliment but the naming of everything in this game is just fantastic. Huge kudos to the people that sat down and thought all that through.

6 hours in so it could change but so far the trecking around is fun. There's methods to mitigate slow travel/back-tracking and the travel time from point A to point B so far has been useful in trying to come up with my own theories as to what's going on. I think one other thing that makes the world travel more fun is that there's lots of lore + additional items littered throughout and interesting bits adding to the world. I'm kinda shocked how invested I've ended up in the island itself.

I think the part that slows it down a bit more is actually the conversations. You can talk to everyone about every keypoint... which makes the conversations with some characters a little tedious. Ofc some feel like they'd be easy points to skip (why would X know about Y?) but it seems much more beneficial exhausting almost all options to make sure nothing is missed.

Still a recommendation from me. There's a lot to enjoy so far.

i picked up and started the game... i interrogated someone and had a choice between asking his motive or just talking about something else... now i found a clue a bit further that seems they have something to hide... so i can never ask again the same question? or will i be able to ask again and get a new clue?

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Aaah, okay. Well, in that case I had done most of the exploring on my own already, and only used it to see what I accidentally missed. And from what I saw in a few cases, it doesn't show story items either.
Thanks. That sounds like a good compromise. Every design decision in this game seems well thought out. It's impressive really.

Oct 28, 2017
i picked up and started the game... i interrogated someone and had a choice between asking his motive or just talking about something else... now i found a clue a bit further that seems they have something to hide... so i can never ask again the same question? or will i be able to ask again and get a new clue?

I might be wrong but after beating the game I got the sense that none of your choices matter during the main investigative portion, most of the meat of the decision making comes during the actual trial at the end of the game the investigation portion is just unlocking as much of the clues as possible.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
ENDING TALK, BEWARE

So what was your judgment on the case? I uncovered two distinct conspiracies, one where Witness enlisted the help of Sam and Lydia, and another one where the Architect enlisted the help of Yuri and Akiko. Seemed like Doom Jazz, Crimson Acid, One Last Kiss and Henry weren't guilty of anything, though I might have missed something. I did clear all notes and leads in the laptop, though.

One thing that still keeps bugging me is the megaphone sphere - it doesn't fit into any of the conspiracies, so I wonder who placed it and for what purpose.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

Sometimes advancing your relationship with that character via "hang-out" will let you probe further into something they were hiding before. Or you need to talk to someone else about a clue you found to be pushed towards confronting that original person.

ENDING TALK, BEWARE

So what was your judgment on the case? I uncovered two distinct conspiracies, one where Witness enlisted the help of Sam and Lydia, and another one where the Architect enlisted the help of Yuri and Akiko. Seemed like Doom Jazz, Crimson Acid, One Last Kiss and Henry weren't guilty of anything, though I might have missed something. I did clear all notes and leads in the laptop, though.

One thing that still keeps bugging me is the megaphone sphere - it doesn't fit into any of the conspiracies, so I wonder who placed it and for what purpose.

By megaphone sphere do you mean the death scream machine? It was part of Witness' plot to agitate Henry and make it seem like the demons were a greater threat.

Although honestly I feel like that contradicts what we learned about where Henry was being held prior to the attack. He was actually in the barracks when he broke confinement and Akiko and Yuri framed him to make it look like he broke the seals. So... how could he have felt the death scream and broken out of the island and have been at the barracks the whole time before the murder?

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
Sometimes advancing your relationship with that character via "hang-out" will let you probe further into something they were hiding before. Or you need to talk to someone else about a clue you found to be pushed towards confronting that original person.

By megaphone sphere do you mean the death scream machine? It was part of Witness' plot to agitate Henry and make it seem like the demons were a greater threat.

Although honestly I feel like that contradicts what we learned about where Henry was being held prior to the attack. He was actually in the barracks when he broke confinement and Akiko and Yuri framed him to make it look like he broke the seals. So... how could he have felt the death scream and broken out of the island and have been at the barracks the whole time before the murder?

He never broke confinement, though. He was escorted all the way by Akiko

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ENDING TALK, BEWARE

The death scream device that Witness planted near Henry's cell ironically never acted on him. Henry never said he felt the death scream, only that he was agitated, and the developers wrote it like this intentionally to make the player think that the device was what made him escape. But when you consider that Henry-as-a-demon could not have crossed the entire island in ten minutes, that the bridge bars which Henry-as-a-demon assumedly broke through were actually exploded using thermite, and that the demonic runes near the First Seal were painted by humans (meaning if Henry was really possessed he wouldn't have painted them), you see that the death scream device was just a red herring.

In a more general sense, (spoilers about the whole game)
The game's general message is that you can take the facts you discovered and craft your own truth; it's why there are a lot of red herrings, or events that happened at the same time and either could be the real cause of something when only one is, and you can EXECUTE JUSTICE towards anyone if you want to. Like, even after the trial you can choose to execute others, if according to your version of events they were guilty. I like this freedom that it gives you to interpret things the way you want to, or even misinterpret them intentionally if you want to protect a character like another poster said previously in here. That's why game never acknowledges that 2 different crimes were committed on the same night (even in the final trial, Love Dies addresses Witness and Carmelina individually instead of at the same time), because it doesn't want you to give the clean answer laid out for you (you can see OLK as a stand-in for the game's creators, with how she knows how everything happened but does not want to tell you because she wants you to reach a conclusion on your own).

I wonder if there's more to find in the ending...

Some things I found in the "post-game":
You can find Shinji in a handful of places, including inside the Ziggurat, by the docks where you used the controls to move the crane, and by the jetski you'd use to meet the god.
If you go back to the First Seal, the crows are all dead on the floor instead of cawing. I assume crows in other places are dead too.
DJ's yacht is sinking and if you talk with him, he tells you he does that to his yachts at the end of every Sequence.
If you talk with Crimson, she asks you to be part of your future investigation unit.
Henry thanks you for being the first person to ever care about him.
Marshals also tell you how angry they are at you for killing their leader.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I am so obsessed with this game I was legitimately angry I didn't have the energy to continue and had to sleep. This game is damn good

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's more to find in the ending...

I went back and did a full conviction including Sam and Lydia and this time I got a card with the two saying "Their love cannot be defeated" after the credits. I wonder if there's more stuff like that.

Also for some reason near the beach approaching the pier where you take Lydia's car the music changes to some eerie, distorted track that overrides the in-game playlist.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
side quest question!

Does anyone remember where the ghost that want you to find a stone is? I found the stone but i can't remember at all where the ghost was

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, now I wanna replay The Silver Case on Switch.

Also we need that Flower Sun and Rain remaster. Whatever happened with that?

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
How do you avoid getting kicked out of the Marshall barracks?

i found the latch at the very top that allowed me to get access, but as soon as I drop down to the next level I always get caught[\spoiler]

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How do you avoid getting kicked out of the Marshall barracks?

i found the latch at the very top that allowed me to get access, but as soon as I drop down to the next level I always get caught[\spoiler]
You have to make them leave the barracks somehow, there's no way to explore the place with them in there.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Well, this is it folks, I have emptied the notes section, maxxed out every relationship and gotten every collectibles (I think). I'm ready to go to the Court House! I want to be able to re-read all the evidence and play the last strech in one setting so I'm making a pause for now and I'll finish it either after diner or tomorrow morning. Here are my thoughts about what happened on the island :

First off, gotta love how the game's title is one big lie : This island is no Paradise and there's not one killer but pretty much everyone (bar One Last Kiss) contributed to the murder of the Council. Funny thing is that before being able to access the main crime scene I thought the twists was going to be that they weren't actually dead. Funny how it turned out. Let's me share my thought about what did what, character by character :

-Akiko : Probably conspired with either Witness (my guess) or Carmelina to cover for their crimes and put the murder on Henry to save her lover Voth and give the Marshals syndicate privilege on Perfect 25
-Carmelina : Wanted to be head of the Syndicate as the architect of the islands and maybe get revenge for her parents. Used her hidden son and ability to create corridors to unleash him on the Council. Killed Grace ten years ago.
-Crimson : Provided a key to the Second Seal to Witness through K. HX
-Doctor Doom Jazz : Provided Kafka's blood to Sam so they could clear the Third Seal
-Henry : Got set up ten years ago by Yuri to invoke demon's, didn't do shit in the main murder.
-Lydia & Sam : Wanted to get out of the syndicate and got hired by Witness to set up the cage Killer Demon in the lounge two days before the murders.
-Witness : One big ass motherfucker, a zealot who wanted to kill the current leaders so he could take their place.
-Yuri : Killed K.HX, manipulated by the god Enchanted Blue
-One Last Kiss : Ghost of Grace Bloodlines, trying to get justice for her murder.

Well, there's stuff I'm explecting to figure out during the trial, see you on the other side!