• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
I think I sequence broke something or something is bugged, I've played for like 6 hours and went into the
syndicate graveyard
just because I'm randomly exploring, then unlocked a computer there and found some evidence, then the character says "oh so I guess this was what One Last Kiss wanted me to find", and I'm sitting here "who the hell is One Last Kiss?!" then it suddenly starts a dialog with her and my character acts like I've met her before, even though this is the first time I can recall seeing her.
You meet her right at the start of the game after talking to Judge. Or even before that. She randomly appeared in my case at least.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
You meet her right at the start of the game after talking to Judge. Or even before that. She randomly appeared in my case at least.

Nope, just started a new game to make sure I wasn't forgetting something. Went from the judge over to the murder scene, and not a single mention of or contact with One Last Kiss. This is the GOG version though, maybe some difference there?

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, just started a new game to make sure I wasn't forgetting something. Went from the judge over to the murder scene, and not a single mention of or contact with One Last Kiss. This is the GOG version though, maybe some difference there?
Maybe she appears at the certain location and I got lucky, dunno tbh

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
Getting *major* Danganronpa investigation segment vibes from it so far. The story's kind of ??? to start, but the things are starting to come together. Good to hear it lasts 15-20 hours too.

If you try to find every evidences, collectibles and speak with every suspect about each topic, you won't go over 15 hours. I think the proper range to a proper ending it's around 10-15 hours.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Damn this looks awesome, going to grab it on Switch. This wasn't included in any of Nintendo's directs / indie presentations, right? Odd considering it's a console exclusive rn.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Out of curiosity, how much voice acting is in this game? I saw some quick gameplay clips, seemed like some lines were voiced from the protagonist and NPC's while the majority seemed to be just reading text. Just curious if that's how most of the game is set up.

Looked at the PC Gamer and Gamespot reviews which definitely piqued my interest. $16 seems pretty solid for 10-15 hours of content per those reviews.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
You know considering all the other characters I've met have been massive assholes, Shinji's actually my favorite so far. Something refreshing about a guy who shows up flipping you off with his balls out and then explodes when he leaves.

Luchadorable

Jan 14, 2018
I have it downloaded and ready to go, so excited to play it once I've finished what I'm currently playing.

The visuals and THE MUSIC are so, so good. Got the soundtrack on bandcamp today. Can easily seeing the past show up in game of the year awards

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Great OT, and pleased to hear it's got a meaty length.

Rare that I fall in love with a game from its main menu alone, but Paradise Killer managed that. Haven't had a chance to have a proper look at it today, despite being keen to, but did look into the very impressive accessibility options:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I've played five hours of this non-stop. Holy shit, this is GREAT. The style is matching the substance. The universe is fascinating, the world is lovely to explore, and the mystery is always compelling to explore and find new things.

I loved my time with it so much. Everything was a 10/10 so far

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
Is there an actual benefit to increasing relationships with the characters?

While increasing the relationship, the suspects will open up and give you a hint or two that expand on the events (they appear as Probe in the conversation menu), so it's worthwhile. When you'll reach the max level you'll get an item as reward, but with no practical use.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Played this all day and I'm really enjoying it. The setting is very unique (and utterly bizarre) and it's a fun universe to learn more about. I was not expecting the island to be as huge as it is or for there to be so damn many things to find. I haven't been using the AR, just sort of wandering aimlessly and exploring every nook and cranny I come across. I know invoking BotW when talking about other games is tired at this point, but this game does the same sort of thing where my goal never stays the same for longer than a minute because every time I'm walking toward something specific, I get sidetracked by something else I see and then a dozen other things after that.

Also, I dunno what it does, but in case anyone isn't aware of it, there's a "mature content" option in the menu (at least on Switch) that's set to off by default.

Out of curiosity, how much voice acting is in this game?
Very little. It's almost entirely stock phrases that randomly play over dialogue that sort of fits the same tone. It may be possible that the trial at the end is different and they focused all their VA efforts there (like how Danganronpa does it), but I haven't gotten that far and I'm not really expecting that to be the case.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Very little. It's almost entirely stock phrases that randomly play over dialogue that sort of fits the same tone. It may be possible that the trial at the end is different and they focused all their VA efforts there (like how Danganronpa does it), but I haven't gotten that far and I'm not really expecting that to be the case.

Thanks, appreciate the reply. Sounds pretty interesting regardless. Still deciding if I'll play this on PC or Switch.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping this improves as I play more and learn the map, but at the beginning, the map screen isn't very helpful...

How do I get to the prison island? It says there's a bridge on the south side of the island (or something), but there's not one on the map, and I'm pretty sure I've combed the area.

(otherwise first impressions are very good)

Last edited:

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
I'm hoping this improves as I play more and learn the map, but at the beginning, the map screen isn't very helpful...

How do I get to the prison island? It says there's a bridge on the south side of the island (or something), but there's not one on the map, and I'm pretty sure I've combed the area.

(otherwise first impressions are very good)
When I went the to the beach, nearest to prison island, some character called me and told the bridge is now open for me. Afterwards the bridge was there. Don't know what triggered this.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
I can't tell if I've run into a game-breaking glitch, or if there's just a typo:

I've run into five locks now that require the pyramid glyph set. I already have it installed, but I still get error messages when I access the doors. I can't tell if it's because the doors were labeled with the wrong set, or if the game can't tell that I have it installed. I did try to access one of the doors without equipping the set, which could have caused the glitch. But since there's no option to unequip it, I'm really worried that I'm stuck.

• The door by the tunnel leading to the power plant
  • The two in the back of Sam's apartment
  • The one by the airlock in the Dead Zone
  • The one leading to the literal pyramid

This is for the Switch version.

Last edited:

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Are you sure you have installed them and not just picked them up? You need to go into the inventory and set them up.

Hope it's just that and not a bug

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
Are you sure you have installed them and not just picked them up? You need to go into the inventory and set them up.

Hope it's just that and not a bug
Like I said, I tried accessing one of the locks without turning the upgrade on, but then I did. I'm worried that that's what caused the problem.

Trying to select the upgrade from the item menu just gives me an error sound. I also checked to see if respawning would reset my state, and nothing.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
Like I said, I tried accessing one of the locks without turning the upgrade on, but then I did. I'm worried that that's what caused the problem.

Trying to select the upgrade from the item menu just gives me an error sound. I also checked to see if respawning would reset my state, and nothing.

You should ask on the discussion section of the game on Steam. There's a thread for bug reports and in these days developers are pretty active.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
You should ask on the discussion section of the game on Steam. There's a thread for bug reports and in these days developers are pretty active.
I considered it. I just wasn't sure how kosher it was to do that, considering this is the Switch version.

Edit: Just reached out to them on Twitter.

Last edited:

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
This game, damn! The music and style are top tier and I like the open nature of it. It reminds me a lot of Obra Dinn. Highly recommended.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

I can confirm that this happened to me as well on Switch. I installed the upgrade for pyramid glyphs, but a lock still says I can't decode pyramids :/

Shame. I was really enjoying this.

Edit: Wait... are we thinking of the wrong upgrade? It says it's "worship" but the description says it gives access to pyramids. It might just be a typo.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
I can confirm that this happened to me as well on Switch. I installed the upgrade for pyramid glyphs, but a lock still says I can't decode pyramids :/

Shame. I was really enjoying this.

Edit: Wait... are we thinking of the wrong upgrade? It says it's "worship" but the description says it gives access to pyramids. It might just be a typo.
Oh, shoot – you're right. It had been a while since I had solved a puzzle, so I had forgotten that the module descriptions match up literally to the glyph sets they enable. I didn't even stop to consider that the cosmos module should unlock cosmos doors. To make extra sure, I just looked up a guide on all the glyph sets, and yeah, it's 100% a typo (thank goodness).

Edit: The devs just confirmed that it's just a typo.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, shoot – you're right. It had been a while since I had solved a puzzle, so I had forgotten that the module descriptions match up literally to the glyph sets they enable. I didn't even stop to consider that the cosmos module should unlock cosmos doors. To make extra sure, I just looked up a guide on all the glyph sets, and yeah, it's 100% a typo (thank goodness).

Edit: The devs just confirmed that it's just a typo.
So is there a game breaking glitch on Switch? Or is there a typo that makes progressing confusing? If the former, i'll wait for a patch to play

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
So is there a game breaking glitch on Switch? Or is there a typo that makes progressing confusing? If the former, i'll wait for a patch to play
Just a typo that makes it seem like you should be able to access certain areas sooner than you actually should. That's the one problem I've found with the Switch port – it's otherwise run really well.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Item description for a grasshopper: "Some people are obsessed with grasshoppers."

🤔

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Any advice on what to spend crystals on? I finally have 15.

1. Computer upgrades (what I was thinking since it's most expensive)
2. Rumors/gossip
3. Fast travel points

Asking because I'm trying to be efficient and I don't want to dedicate more time than necessary to currency hunting.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
Any advice on what to spend crystals on? I finally have 15.

1. Computer upgrades (what I was thinking since it's most expensive)
2. Rumors/gossip
3. Fast travel points

Asking because I'm trying to be efficient and I don't want to dedicate more time than necessary to currency hunting.

I would go definitely with
Footbaths
first and then option 1
it's the only upgrade you can buy, since the others on sell are all skin for Starlight
. After those, I would go for option 3 and mandatory use crystals to buy drinks on some extent.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Are crystals finite? The whole system makes me uneasy. It looks like there are content gates based on using crystals, and you can also just spend them all on fast travel as well? If you spend too many crystals on fast travel, will you eventually screw yourself out of seeing content that is gated by crystals?

I hate shit like this in games.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone gotten into the bunker yet?

Are crystals finite? The whole system makes me uneasy. It looks like there are content gates based on using crystals, and you can also just spend them all on fast travel as well? If you spend too many crystals on fast travel, will you eventually screw yourself out of seeing content that is gated by crystals?

I hate shit like this in games.
From what I understand after having played it for a few hours, they are finite, but there's such a ridiculous amount of them scattered about that you really have to go out of your way to use up all of them. It helps that there aren't that many things tied to progression that need to be bought with crystals.

I do get the aversion, though, especially early on, when you have several things you can spend them on and probably haven't reached the area that just has a ton of them around every corner.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone gotten into the bunker yet?

From what I understand after having played it for a few hours, they are finite, but there's such a ridiculous amount of them scattered about that you really have to go out of your way to use up all of them. It helps that there aren't that many things tied to progression that need to be bought with crystals.

I do get the aversion, though, especially early on, when you have several things you can spend them on and probably haven't reached the area that just has a ton of them around every corner.

Even if that is that case, it is still terrible design because you need to spend crystals to simply activate fast travel locations. So in the beginning you can either see content and get no fast travel locations unlocked and have to backtrack for the rest of the game unlocking them, or unlock them as you come across them and then have to remember where are the other places that needed crystals were and find them later.

It's such an amazing game so far otherwise, this design is even more glaring and boneheaded. It would be completely alleviated by just removing the charge for fast travel and then balancing the amount of crystals around that.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just like an hour in and I'm in love. What a crazy fever dream of a game.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phew. Just spent two hours in this game and I'm floored. It's such a bizarre and well-realized world. I'm not even scratching the surface of the mystery and I'm just reveling in the presentation and methodology of how it's constructed. It's uncommon to play a game that feels so uniquely itself. Seriously great.

Also Shinji is awesome btw. Reminds me of Iwazaru from Killer7.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Ok this whole crystal thing is really getting me down. I have no idea if I need to buy something that is gating vital information and purchasing is the only way to get it.

So many examples of this. Do I need to buy drinks from all the vending machines to unlock my ability to acquire the things that are told to me after purchasing? Or are these hints on how to find things that I could find on my own without paying?

With Crimson Acid, do I need to pay for their information and that is the only way to get it, or is paying for this info just something like a hint system to point me to where I need to explore?

Is the Starlight upgrade they sell a vital thing I need to solve the case, or is an optional thing that will just make things easier to solve?

There are far too many systems at play here that are dependent on a finite and unreliable resource, with zero indication of what you actually need to spend it on as opposed to what is optional.

Even if it is all optional, the game gives no indication of this and has the player constantly worrying that spending anything could potentially lock them out of vital information further down the line.

And if there is actual information you need gated behind spending crystals, the fact that there is no indication of what is vital and what is not when purchasing makes the whole thing an exercise in pure luck at having not gotten yourself stuck.

I love everything else about this game, but this horrible design philosophy that permeates every aspect of the game is so bad that it has pretty much ruined my experience and has made me not want to play the game at all.

Last edited:

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game, and this might be my GOTY unless something else pops up. Couldn't find an use for a key item, and follow up on 2 last leads, so I'll go back to it once people found those and shared them online.

About the blood crystals, I bought everything I could buy with them and still had ~60 left for fast travel; unless you're not actually exploring you'll never run out so feel free to spend them on anything.

If you want to know what are the things you can buy with them:

Vending machine drinks: each drink is a Relic that goes to your inventory just for flavor, but if you buy enough of them you'll get a message saying that an essential upgrade is available on the island, and that's the only way to get it.
Foot baths around the island grant you movement/QoL abilities like double jump and seeing the location of every collectable.
Crimson sells an essential upgrade with blood crystals, and then a bunch of skins for Starlight which are just for fun. Her secrets help you close cases, by making people spill the beans once confronted with them. You should buy all of them to get a clearer picture of what happened (again, you end up with too many crystals to not spend them).
Altars to the gods give you a Relic about a specific god which is also just for flavor but the entire story mentions them in different contexts so it's cool to learn more about them.
And obviously you can use them in each save station to first unlock them as a fast travel spot, and then to actually fast travel to a different place.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
Just finished the game, and this might be my GOTY unless something else pops up. Couldn't find an use for a key item, and follow up on 2 last leads, so I'll go back to it once people found those and shared them online.

About the blood crystals, I bought everything I could buy with them and still had ~60 left for fast travel; unless you're not actually exploring you'll never run out so feel free to spend them on anything.

If you want to know what are the things you can buy with them:

Vending machine drinks: each drink is a Relic that goes to your inventory just for flavor, but if you buy enough of them you'll get a message saying that an essential upgrade is available on the island, and that's the only way to get it.
Foot baths around the island grant you movement/QoL abilities like double jump and seeing the location of every collectable.
Crimson sells an essential upgrade with blood crystals, and then a bunch of skins for Starlight which are just for fun. Her secrets help you close cases, by making people spill the beans once confronted with them. You should buy all of them to get a clearer picture of what happened (again, you end up with too many crystals to not spend them).
Altars to the gods give you a Relic about a specific god which is also just for flavor but the entire story mentions them in different contexts so it's cool to learn more about them.
And obviously you can use them in each save station to first unlock them as a fast travel spot, and then to actually fast travel to a different place.

By curiosity, how did your trials end? And which key item you didn't manage to use? In my playthrough I couldn't find the evidences about the
third sigil, the blood on the wall and the flesh of the god Carmelina took

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I would have never guessed foot baths were important if not for this thread.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
By curiosity, how did your trials end? And which key item you didn't manage to use? In my playthrough I couldn't find the evidences about the
third sigil, the blood on the wall and the flesh of the god Carmelina took
The key item I didn't know how to use was the pile bunker gauntlets. And the two leads were Carmelina's GodFlesh, and whose blood was used on the third seal, so it seems we got stuck on nearly the same things, haha.

At least on the trials I think I got almost everything right. There were 2 cases where it looked like I got the cuplrit wrong, which were who killed the blacksmith dude (I couldn't really decide between Crimson and Yuri, and I chose her but she kept saying how I got the wrong person, and who actually killed the Council, I chose Henry because I didn't have strong evidence against anyone else, likely because I didn't find every evidence.

But again, I'll revisit the game later to get all the missing evidence and have the perfect trial.

Last edited:

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm close to exhausting all the leads. I just have three left:

1. What Lydia and Sam were doing at the farm
  2. Getting into the bunker. I have the guards on patrol so they're not in there anymore, but I don't know where to find the key
  3. Where the extra marshal bodies came from

Also, as a heads up to everyone: the reminder about checking the crime scene top to bottom disappears once you've actually found everything. If you still have it, you still have things to find. That includes a certain area: the room with the councilors' bodies.

The key item I didn't know how to use was the pile bunker gauntlets. And the two leads were Carmelina's GodFlesh, and whose blood was used on the third seal, so it seems we got stuck on nearly the same things, haha.
If I remember right, the flesh is connected to the place you unlock with the gauntlets. If you want a hint:

It's by the Ziggurat/graveyard, near where O.L.K. hangs out.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm close to exhausting all the leads. I just have three left:

1. What Lydia and Sam were doing at the farm
  2. Getting into the bunker. I have the guards on patrol so they're not in there anymore, but I don't know where to find the key
  3. Where the extra marshal bodies came from

Also, as a heads up to everyone: the reminder about checking the crime scene top to bottom disappears once you've actually found everything. If you still have it, you still have things to find.

If I remember right, the flesh is connected to the place you unlock with the gauntlets. If you want a hint:

It's by the Ziggurat/graveyard, near where O.L.K. hangs out.
Thanks for the hint!! As to your questions, some hints of my own:

1. Have you found the three valves and used them?
2. You don't get inside through the front door. Your number 3 will follow number 2.