• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got my mail in ballot yesterday. Tempted to mail it but I'm a little skeptical on it ever reaching the Supervisor's office in time. I think I'll drop it at a ballot box as soon as early voting starts here.

I'd say just go for it if your state or county has a mail-in ballot tracker. You'll be able to see whether or not it gets to the supervisor's office in time, and if it doesn't or there is some issue with it (like a signature rejection or whatever), you can just vote in person.

www.cnn.com

How to track your mail-in ballot

According to a CNN review, 45 states and the District of Columbia allow you to track your ballot just like an Amazon package or food delivery.

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Early Voting Continues at Record Pace with 3.3 million voted
The headline continues to be the unprecedented 3.3 million people who have already voted. At a similar point in time before the 2016 election, I was tracking only 74,836 people who voted. As I explained last week, this phenomenon is both a function of the increased supply of early voting options and the increased interest among voters to cast an early vote.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Absentee ballots for me and several friends here in GA are indicated as having been issued on 9/18, but none of us have as yet received any. Is it normal for it to take this long?
Bestie and I finally got our ballots in late Saturday afternoon and we dropped them off at our county's main election office this morning. 👍

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
There is thus nothing in these data to change my preliminary estimate of 150 million voters in the 2020 general election. That would be a record raw number and the highest turnout rate for those eligible to vote since 1908. We should get clarity if and when states begin surpassing their 2016 total turnout, as similarly happened in Arizona and Texas when their 2018 early vote exceeded their 2014 turnout.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is great. My wife and I plan to early vote in person in GA next week

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
After researching how the drop box worked in NJ, I dropped in last week.

In some places, you can sign up for an account with the state and track if your ballot was received. With the knowledge that it was picked up daily by members of Sherriff Dept., and a member of Democrat and Republican party... and I was able to see it was received, that was enough for me to do that vs. mailing.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
There is still plenty of time for Republicans to make up these mounting deficits. Election Day will undoubtedly be a red wave at the polls in many states, as it has been in the past. In-person early voting – a method of voting typically favored by Democrats – might be more Republican this year, as happened for the first time in Florida's August state primary. Ironically, Republicans will have Democrats casting mail ballots to thank for making their in-person voting experience easier and safer because polling place lines will be shorter.

Another irony is that with so many mail ballots being returned early, in many states the first election results that election officials will report on election night will be these heavily Democratic mail ballots. Yes, mail ballots received on or after Election Day (depending on state law) may be counted later, and some states will take time to process their ballots. But almost assuredly Biden will leap out into an early lead in key states like Florida and North Carolina, and it will be Trump who will have to wait to make up ground with the Election Day vote.

This is the thing that worries me. We have to encourage Democrats who haven't voted yet to show up at the polls. Undoubtedly it'll be harder, but we have to keep the whole wave going. I'll probably just show up in person this year.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Watched John Oliver and he mentioned you can check whether your vote was received and counted in 46 states. Please triple check that you, your family and friends have been counted.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
So does this blog have a history that we can look at? I want to make sure this is a valid source of information before getting my hopes up too much.
Yeah look at their weekly updates. Also they were tracking 2016, and have an older site that they were using. It's a professor from Florida.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the thing that worries me. We have to encourage Democrats who haven't voted yet to show up at the polls. Undoubtedly it'll be harder, but we have to keep the whole wave going. I'll probably just show up in person this year.
*yawns* tired of this doomsday posts. Everyone will show up. Democrats aren't going to magically not show up.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I hope with the record votes coming in, which are partly people so determined to show that trump has to go but also because of how much easier access to voting by mail has been opened up in the usa that democrats finally win a bunch of places they normally don't due to voter turnout issues etc and then with that power finally make laws in those States etc to make voting by mail an option every time going forward because this proves what everyone has always known, if it wasn't for republicans making it so hard to vote then more people would do it and they'll never have a chance to be in the kind of power they have currently again if that happens.

Oct 31, 2017
We have a regular postman always talk to us at my job. He says that the BIGGEST priorities are the mailed-in votes because of the fiasco caused by Trump. Like the postmen pretty much don't go home until those votes are taken care of. Thx Trump!

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've met a lot of people who said they voted for trump just to "try something different" and "Took a risk" and now they realized that was a dumb idea and are voting for biden to get back to normal. I hope a large chunk of trump voters last election are like that.

Jaychrome91

Nov 4, 2018
I can't wait to vote early in Florida. I'm not a huge biden supporter, but anything is better than trump. We can't take 4 more years of this man, we won't recover.

Theandrin

Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, Fl
Our FL ballots were mailed out on Thursday and we received them yesterday. We filled everything out and they are back in the mailbox this morning to be shipped and counted.

I got crap from a couple of others for saying that mailing it back was too risky for a FL vote. I received my ballot in 3 days, I feel pretty comfortable that it is not going to take 4 weeks for my supervisor of elections to receive our returned ballots.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to be impressed if 5 million people voted early/by mail and it looks like its going to zoom right past that at the rate its going.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
FL here too. I dropped my ballot off last Thursday, and it says it's been received but not counted. How long does it typically take to be processed?

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I've met a lot of people who said they voted for trump just to "try something different" and "Took a risk" and now they realized that was a dumb idea and are voting for biden to get back to normal. I hope a large chunk of trump voters last election are like that.
I think a disturbing amount of people truly don't understand how important the position of president actually is.

They either think "politicians are gonna be in charge either way, may as well treat this like cheering for a sports team" or "the only issues at hand are the tiny amount I understand and care about, and that's all the president has to worry about".

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks everybody.
Thank you for voting.
Hopefully this is the first step off this crazy train.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
"turnout on track to be the highest since 1908"

So long as republicans don't pull of some incredibly desperate last minute moves to suppress voting & Trump's MAGA fascist militias don't scare off a whole lot of voters from voting (in person) & votes aren't disregarded or thrown out mysteriously or for shitty reasons.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I think a disturbing amount of people truly don't understand how important the position of president actually is.

They either think "politicians are gonna be in charge either way, may as well treat this like cheering for a sports team" or "the only issues at hand are the tiny amount I understand and care about, and that's all the president has to worry about".

When Trump started fucking with things we typically don't see Presidents fuck with (at least so publicly), like the USPS, FDA, and CDC, I'd like to think it was a wakeup call to many who didn't realize how much power and influence the position has.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
"turnout on track to be the highest since 1908"

So long as republicans don't pull of some incredibly desperate last minute moves to suppress voting & Trump's MAGA fascist militias don't scare off a whole lot of voters from voting (in person) & votes aren't disregarded or thrown out mysteriously or for shitty reasons.
I honestly think the threat of voter suppression makes people more anxious and eager to vote and is causing higher turnout. People are getting it done early and not risking something going wrong to prevent them from voting at the last minute/day of.

We saw this in Wisconsin during the Primary there this year, the local GOP suppression fuckery angered everyone and caused them to get blown out in a race for a state Supreme Court seat that they thought they could win.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Wife and I got our ballots the other day here in Florida and filled them out. Just waiting until early voting opens up so I can drop them off at a drop box asap. I don't want to mail them.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I honestly think the threat of voter suppression makes people more anxious and eager to vote and is causing higher turnout. People are getting it done early and not risking something going wrong to prevent them from voting at the last minute/day of.

We saw this in Wisconsin during the Primary there this year, the local GOP suppression fuckery angered everyone and caused them to get blown out in a race for a state Supreme Court seat that they thought they could win.
Yup. People aren't cowering here. They for once can clearly see what the GOP has been trying to pull and they're showing up in droves in response.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
When Trump started fucking with things we typically don't see Presidents fuck with (at least so publicly), like the USPS, FDA, and CDC, I'd like to think it was a wakeup call to many who didn't realize how much power and influence the position has.
Hopefully. Fox News and the Right have spent an enormous amount of time and energy convincing people that anything and everything related to the government is nebulously bad, and divorcing the everyday government services people receive from their connection to elected officials and taxes. Thats how you get stuff like "government hands off my medicaid", or fucking Craig T. Nelson saying, "I've been on food stamps and welfare. Did anyone help me out? No."

Status
Not open for further replies.