• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Looks incredible... probably my most anticipated game not called Death Stranding, Elden Ring, or Cyberpunk. Hoping for positive impressions while I wait for the Steam version.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I don't know why this is bugging me so much, but in the OP's gif I can't unsee how the sparks move in midair along with the barrel recoil.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why this is bugging me so much, but in the OP's gif I can't unsee how the sparks move in midair along with the barrel recoil.
Agreed, and it's an issue in a surprising amount of games.

Is there any gore in this game, or are they going for a "T" rating? Not a deal breaker by any means, but the combat does look pretty tame overall - mostly glowy, energy-based VFX and such.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Its a small thing, but I would suggest it being referred to as THE Outer Worlds as is the name, to make it less confusing with Outer Wilds.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Only Game Pass for console according to Microsoft store listing. I figured this would be the case, but still a bummer for us new PC Game Pass only users.

A6jWAIp.jpg

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Looking terrific. The holographic disguise system seems like an elegant workaround to not having the budget (or perhaps the interest) for more traditional stealth-based gameplay.

I'm eager to see a character sheet or level-up screen.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good. Silent protagonist so I'll wait for a sale, but I hope it does well for the company for those who can enjoy that fully.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I've read up on this quite a bit and I really start to realize how lacking BGS games are with this, the whole different choices especially. Fallout 4 barely had that at all, I wonder why? Hoping they will bring some of that with Starfield but that really remains to be seen.

CornIsGood

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited for this. I'm so glad it's on Game Pass for PC. I was super bummed about the Epic store thing but now I can play it day one for cheap and still purchase it when it comes to Steam.

cluk

May 22, 2018
I'm thinking this is going to be really really good.

And gamepass at launch goodness gracious.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Day one on game pass. I'm set ready to go. Gears 5 on game pass in september. Then this in October.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Wow... The more they show of this the nicer it seems. I definitely want to play it as soon as I can.

Also having it on Game Pass is really making the service a tempting one...

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is my most anticipated game this year

Looks good. Silent protagonist so I'll wait for a sale, but I hope it does well for the company for those who can enjoy that fully.

How can someone with such excellent taste in music write something so silly?! Nothing wrong with silent protag as long as the story accommodates. Also voicing the protagonist raises real risk of an unlikeable lead ala Far cry 3

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Have they confirmed whether or not the scientist is Ian McShane yet? Been bugging me since the first trailer and I can't find anything on it anywhere.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
The game looks great. But it is kind of weird to me that the spiritual successor of Fallout has very little blood and no gore. Even the isometric games had plenty of gore.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I've seen enough gameplay already so I'm committed to buying this day one. It looks so incredible.

Only let down is the silent protagonist. But you can't have everything, I guess.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Does this footage look better than the last time they showed it? I remember a lot of folks being down on the last showing because of a lot of pop in and shit.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
The developer, the idea, love it.

I....just....hate....that....visual design...

I wouldn't say I hate it, but it's one of my least favorite things about what we've seen thus far. I find the indoor environments to be the worst offenders. Overall, the Sotha_Sil hype meter is at 10/10 for this one.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Might be the only game this year I buy knowing so little about it.

Obsidian designed first person action RPG that apes Fallout (a ship currently sinking fast)?

I'm in.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
The developer, the idea, love it.

I....just....hate....that....visual design...
I have mixed feelings.

It looks like a 60s/70s sci-fi TV show with cheap and colourful sets. Like the original Lost in Space or something.

Maybe there will be a Truman Show style twist and the whole game is actually set within the confines of a TV show set.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Does this footage look better than the last time they showed it? I remember a lot of folks being down on the last showing because of a lot of pop in and shit.

They didn't even have the voicework in the last time they showed raw gameplay. It's gone through several months of polish now, and looks much better for it.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
This game is looking better and better the more that I see of it. Probably would have been a day 1 purchase anyways, but it being on Game Pass is even better. It would be even better if it was a Play Anywhere title, that way it would have cross save support.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I guess I'll drop this in here so people can see the alternate take on the quest if they haven't already. Little more preamble too at a different time of day.

Its odd that they are demoing it on ps4.
Even if ms is not selling it as an exclusive, should it not b. Performing best on pc or xb1x?

I guess they could be playing on a pc but if they are as a ms studio i figured theyd use an xb1 pad.

Edit: maybe its not on ps4 i thought i saw the square prompt but it is probably just ingame symbols

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
Really looking forward to this.

I will have PC game pass but I'm going to buy this day one anyways as a thank you to Tim and Leonard for FO and Bloodlines.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its odd that they are demoing it on ps4.
Even if ms is not selling it as an exclusive, should it not b. Performing best on pc or xb1x?

I guess they could be playing on a pc but if they are as a ms studio i figured theyd use an xb1 pad.

Edit: maybe its not on ps4 i thought i saw the square prompt but it is probably just ingame symbols

It's not on PS4 for sure, you can see A and Y symbols during dialogue selection.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Soooo, somehow I have this feeling that my 2019's goty will be this or links awakening remake.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
MS owns the IP (because Obsidian owns the IP). The rights to the sequel...either PD or MS at this point. I doubt if they do have a sequel that it would launch of Playstation. Could it happen, sure...but that's a long road from now.
Didn't Matt Booty say that the studios are able to decide which platforms they want to put their games on?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
If this is the questing shootbang equivalent of Outer Wilds count me in. I find it interesting at the extreme similarity in names plus the fact that both take place in one solar system. If this has seamless ground to surface flying like Wilds and NMS I'll be in heaven.