• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Nothing will ever beat Tapatio Doritos for me, but I will try these.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
This OP is impeccable. Thank you for your continued dedication in the Flamin' Hot quest of life.

I need to find that Chipotle Ranch flavor.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Teased in 2019, Flamin' Hot Kettle Chips should be making their way to stores now, so keep an eye out if you are a kettle chip fan!

5dced8cea6f25214ed9776f7

Mar 30, 2019
Oh yeess! I'm in for some flamin' hot kettle chips. I didn't realize how comprehensive and complex this flavoring type had both in breadth and depth. I have much to learn.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Why are Taco Bell's best items always some limited time item... Get rid of regular soft tacos, bring back Naked Chicken Chalupas.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Please for the love of god, make a kettle cooked flamin hot dill pickle chip. I can't stand regular Lays texture but love that flavor so much.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Why are Taco Bell's best items always some limited time item... Get rid of regular soft tacos, bring back Naked Chicken Chalupas.
It's part of the appeal cycle.

They sell 'premium' products for a limited time at a cheaper cost than their regular tacos/burritos.

Then they take them away and see how people react, and decide whether or not to bring them back and restart the hype later.

I think there is a website dedicated to all the promotions they've introduced and phased out/in.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Just grabbed flamin hot smart food at target which I hadn't seen before. This thread came right to mind and I'm glad it's been discussed, this shit kicks.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been searching everywhere for the Flamin' Hot Habenero Cheetos but I can't find them anyway.

I will take consolation in the fact that the Flamin' Hot Limon Dorito's are readily available. When does the Paqui 1 chip challenge usually go on sale? I love the Ghost Pepper chips and have been itching to try the OCC.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Is this the Flamin' Hot White Cheddar popcorn?

Because i'm eating that right now for the first time and its a solid 9/10
yup, it's really solid

I'm glad that it's seemingly sticking around for good, it's a solid step up from the other FH popcorn

very easy to binge, too, so i gotta pace myself when i get a bag

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
absolutely. And I already really like the regular FH popcorn. But that's obsolete now.
the white cheddar just really stands alongside the spice really well

the other popcorn is good, but that extra white cheddar hit really elevates the Smartfood popcorn

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
No luck with the FH Limon Doritos today, but I did finally find these Xtra FH Staxx tonight, and I love them.
82022231_10159956276148636_3182304310859923456_o.jpg
my biggest issues with them are the chip texture and the flavor consistency, but other than that they usually have a nice thick coating of Flamin' Hot on them, solid snacks

my only wish is that i could have Flamin' Hot flavor but on a more Pringle-like crisp

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up a jar of that Mrs. Renfro's ghost pepper salsa and a bag of Flamin' Hot Doritos at the supermarket this evening. LET THE WEEKEND BEGIN.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
GLLjXFs.png

List:

5. FH Rold Gold Thins
4. FH Frito's
3. FH XXTRA
2. FH Dill Pickle
1. FH Smartfood Popcorn
I would agree with most of this list. I'd switch Dill and Frito's though. And put chipotle ranch Cheetos at 1. The XX is good but a bit much. I also had no idea Rold Gold's were a thing but those sound awesome. Where do you find them?
No luck with the FH Limon Doritos today, but I did finally find these Xtra FH Staxx tonight, and I love them.
82022231_10159956276148636_3182304310859923456_o.jpg
I like these quite a bit. They aren't too overpowering and I like the texture.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
I found the Lay's Kettle Flamin' Hot this past weekend at my local Walmart. Are these new? Or have I just been out of the loop on them? Got two snack sized bags that they had in front near the self service checkout. I enjoyed them. Would be good with a dip.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Ah shit I missed your post above! My bad! Haha I'll head back out today and see if I can find one of those big bags.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Ah shit I missed your post above! My bad! Haha I'll head back out today and see if I can find one of those big bags.
lol, you don't have to do that

you should always enjoy the Flamin' Hot you have, while you have it!

im a freak who will look across state boarders for Flamin' Hot, but that doesn't mean you have to too!

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a guy with Mexican parents I have also grown to dislike the spicy + lime/lemon combination. Everyone in Mexico can't eat anything spicy without adding lime too it it seems. I've grown tired of it.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
oh shit they're trying to beat up takis

s0dnkv6lr7x21.jpg
get you some of these when you got time, the reaper ranch is HOT
Just tried them all. The Reaper and Nacho ones are great, the Chipotle Cheddar one tastes like actual garbage.
The Reaper one is mild compared to other stuff ERA has mentioned before. The Fire sauce spices it up a bit, but the actual ranch itself is more than enough for most. It also tastes great!
As a guy with Mexican parents I have also grown to dislike the spicy + lime/lemon combination. Everyone in Mexico can't eat anything spicy without adding lime too it it seems. I've grown tired of it.
My SO eats spicy+lemon fruits and such every 3 days or so. I mean, at least it's close enough to my culture to say that she's embracing it. lol

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
Te3xObd.jpg

These are better than I was expecting, full thoughts to come.

Just bought a bag and had some. They are definetly good. They aren't as good as the regular Doritos FHs. The originals have such a good balance of nacho cheese taste flavor AND flamin hot aspect. With these Limons, it taste like the limon flavor is overpowering the cheese flavor too much.

Def good. The OG 'Tos FHs are truth.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like lime in spicy foods but the lime flavoring used in snack foods is usually off-putting to me. I'll probably still try the Doritos after I finish shedding some of this holiday/vacation weight but it'll probably be a miss with me.

Flamin' Hot Doritos Limon Impressions
OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
the lime is pretty strong in the Doritos, but it works better than i thought they would

the like acts like a flash in the pan, sparks up your taste buds

like with the dill chips, the Flamin' Hot works well at counterbalancing the sour notes, but unlike the normal lays where the chip flavor isn't really a factor, with Doritos the corn flavor finish works well

not as easy to eat as some chips, it's a real shock to the system depending on how much flavor coating is on the chip, but pretty interesting

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
So I encountered two new items at 7-11, Cheetos Flaming Hot Popcorn (different than Chesters Flaming Hot) and Flaming Hot Kettle Chips. Tried the popcorn and it tasted cheesier while being subtly hot. Anyone tried the kettle chips?

Mar 30, 2019
I tried the Limon recently. I'm a fan of the sour lime that smacks you in the face. It's so strong that I couldn't eat much and just binge them down. Natural portion control. I have a leftover bag of Flamin' Hot Munchies to follow, but the Limon is lasting me longer than I thought it would.

OP
OP
Fat4all

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
So I encountered two new items at 7-11, Cheetos Flaming Hot Popcorn (different than Chesters Flaming Hot) and Flaming Hot Kettle Chips. Tried the popcorn and it tasted cheesier while being subtly hot. Anyone tried the kettle chips?
haven't come across either yet (both are new), but it's good to know that they could be at gas stations

now i know places to search this weekend