• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zoator

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely Warcraft 4, although without bastardizing the custom games system as they did in Starcraft 2.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The simplist solution is to make the RTS Warcraft story self-contained. That way, that development team won't be stepping on anyone's toes from any current (or future) Warcraft expansion.

Seems like that would be a mess. Though I really wouldn't mind if they did an RTS that was pre-Cataclysm. Literally any period before it, so that the characters are more consistent.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Overwatch 2. With a good, short story mode and some permanent co-op PVE mode (more fleshed out horde mode like some of the special events).
Wouldn't it just be easier to update the existing game? As mentioned before, it just feels too soon (by Blizzard standards) for a full-on Overwatch 2.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Heroes of the Storm should have been a Smash clone from the start, the Smash community is dying for a high budget Smash game with proper online, the Moba genre was tied up with LOL & DOTA & Blizzard might make the same mistake with Battle Royale, Fornite, PUBG, Black Ops & now Apex have got the market cornered & i don't know if Blizzard can take a slice of that pie, they should do something different imo.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
God of War style game set in the Starcraft universe where you play as a Zerg and all the upgrade/customization mechanics let you actually evolve into different types of zerg units.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard needs a true sequel to World of Warcraft, like Square-Enix did when they moved on from Final Fantasy XI to XIV. WoW of today feels incredibly dated in the genre. I know MMOs aren't hot right now compared to serviced-based BR and loot shooters, but a high-quality WoW 2, or an MMO version of Starcraft, would revive the genre. Right now WoW is in a slow death phase and as a long-time fan it feels bad.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
-Warcraft 4
-Rock & Roll Racing reboot
-Lost Vikings Hack-slash beat em up
-Blackthorne reboot
-Fighters of the Storm
-Overwatch Storymode FPS spinoff.
-Vivi's adventure

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Warcraft 4.

Just do it.
Warcraft 4, which will never happen.
Unless they find some ways to shake up the RTS genre, that's gonna be a no from me, dawgs.

RTS space is just not what it once was. The poor performance over the lifetime of StarCraft 2 is going to be the reason why we don't see a Warcraft or StarCraft RTS sequel for a very long time if ever.

Then again, they did say they were going to focus on their core franchises. If they have some new ideas to breath life into the RTS genre, I'd love to see a new Warcraft or Starcraft. It just...it can't be the same formula that it used to be. I don't know what that looks like.

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Classic is the only thing I care about coming out of blizzard and if they fuck it up in any capacity I'm done with them.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A new MMO with non-cartoony graphics. I trust them with any setting they choose.

I'd also like an Overwatch movie.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Wouldn't it just be easier to update the existing game? As mentioned before, it just feels too soon (by Blizzard standards) for a full-on Overwatch 2.

Oh I wasn't envisioning it anytime soon. Blizzard doesn't put out games all that often. I imagine we'll see the mobile Diablo, Diablo 4, another WoW expansion etc. before any major new game or sequel to another franchise. So in case of my comment of Overwatch 2 with more modes etc., I'd think that's 5+ years away and would hit when the next gen consoles had a solid install base to sell loot boxes to.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
How about a Starcraft MMO? Could be fun to use that as a fun excuse to explore the worlds in Starcraft and set it up where you have the three factions and the various classes you can make from them. Mind you that probably would be even bigger than WoW, so who knows if they would actually consider doing such a thing.

That or actually do what they previously thought of doing and make Starcraft Ghost.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Blizz has so many different routes they could go. I just want them to actually DO something.

WoW2; either mmo or shared world but put it on consoles dammit!
Diablo 4...hell Diablo whatever just make a new one!
StarCraft mmo/rpg...do it!
Overwatch 2; good lord at least try make a single player or BR game out of it...do something!

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I would love a single-player OW ARPG. I don't care if it's FPS or TPS, but there's just so much good stuff/lore to draw from, strong characters, locales, etc., that it feels like a waste not to use those things to the furthest potential they can.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I think the only truly broad consensus is that Diablo 4 should be their next big game and it should have been confirmed as on the way long ago.

It's the clearest next game for them as there could be.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
As bad as its writing was, Starcraft 2's campaign design was still some amazing stuff so I'd certainly have a great time with a Warcraft 4.

Of course, that's never going to happen. Like some publicly traded AAA juggernaut is going to invest into RTS in 2019. Not to mention all the WoW business that itself makes this extremely unlikely.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
WC4 would be cool, but probably won't happen so.....fix WoW, so much of what made it great is gone now and everyone saying make a WoW 2, that would be cool but I truly don't know if that would even be good. A lot of the people that helped with WoW are gone and the team they have now just....well....ugh. So WoW 2 could work and be cool but they are probably going to have to go out and find some fresh people to work on it more than likely.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Classic is the only thing I care about coming out of blizzard and if they fuck it up in any capacity I'm done with them.

It seems like for better or worse (or more accurately better and worse) classic is going to be as close as possible to a direct copy of the game pre-Burning Crusade. If that's what you are looking for, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It seems like for better or worse (or more accurately better and worse) classic is going to be as close as possible to a direct copy of the game pre-Burning Crusade. If that's what you are looking for, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Yea ive been following the game, i played the demo, everything sounds good so far but we'll see how things develop a year after its release. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to implement things like levels boots and character transfers to retail etc. despite them saying they have no plans to go this route. It all depends on how successful/unsuccessful it is and the pressures from activision that could result from that.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Yea ive been following the game, i played the demo, everything sounds good so far but we'll see how things develop a year after its release. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to implement things like levels boots and character transfers to retail etc. despite them saying they have no plans to go this route. It all depends on how successful/unsuccessful it is and the pressures from activision that could result from that.

Eh, I wouldn't worry about that. It's a product that by design is going to have no new content development and is attached to a $15 a month sub. I don't think classic is going to have a huge playerbase after the first few months, but it would have to be real low for Blizzard to feel any kind of pressure.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Why is it too soon? It released 3 years ago. It would be in development for a few years. So you're saying that 5 years in between games is too soon?
For a Blizzard game, yeah. They're known to continually update their games for years. I'd personally save Overwatch 2 for when we're well into the next console generation at the earliest. And even then, Blizzard could get away with just updating Overwatch for even longer.