• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I have an odd issue with, I guess, my tv. We got a smallish, 43-inches tv for my gaming room and left the bigger, samsung ks7000 65" for the luving room. Thing is, in my gaming tv my ps4pro had hdr no problem but the XsX doesn't...it does work on the sansung no problem with same hdmi but a phillips ambilight is supposed to have hdr10 and shit...

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Getting red lines flickering on my lg e9 with my x at 4k 120fps on pc mode, happens randomly on the dashboard but not any games yet.

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason I can't find the Xbox Series X bug/issues thread that I saw before so I'll ask here...since launch my Series X has powered off twice while downloading/installing game updates but not during any gameplay or anything, anyone here experience it or is it a wide reaching issue of any sort?

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I can't find the Xbox Series X bug/issues thread that I saw before so I'll ask here...since launch my Series X has powered off twice while downloading/installing game updates but not during any gameplay or anything, anyone here experience it or is it a wide reaching issue of any sort?
There's an option to turn it off after a set amount of time of inactivity. Is it that?

Jeepman87

Sep 16, 2020
That could be it. Also, keep in mind your xbox will continue downloading even if it turns off due to inactivity to save you $ on your electric bill.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017

Did it go into standby/sleep? Had your Xbox been on long with no inputs on your end, because at least with One X it would shut down automatically if i left it on without using the controller for a while.

Here's the thread btw:
www.resetera.com

Xbox Series X/S Troubleshooting Thread

Im having the hardest time of my gaming tech life right now. So many issues I’m totally lost My setup : -lg77cx -jbl 9.1 (hdmi 2 - earc ) -Xbox serie x (hdmi 3 ) I had 0 issues , perfect , with my Xbox one x so what can cause all this ? Hdmi 2.1? -dropping sounds randomly. Can’t be fixed...

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I feel like an idiot as I thought I had all that stuff turned off...I guess with both the Xbox One X and the Xbox Series X UIs being identical I just assumed I had already turned it off but yep...it's the first option under Power & Startup Modes.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So I've had my SX since last week and been enjoying it, but was annoyed that Yakuza didn't support Quick Resume.

Then yesterday it... suddenly started working? I don't think it or the OS got updated. Did something happen on MS' side?

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is anyone using a USB 3.0 external drive with their Xbox Series X? Some guy told me about another guy he knows that said that his USB 3.0 drive that worked to transfer his data from his older xbox to the XSX does not appear to be working as the XSX is saying it is not recognized? BTW this guy's drive is an SSD drive vs a standard HDD. Would like to know if USB 3.0 of both types (SSD or HDD) work? The Xbox content says USB 3.1 and does not explicitly call out 3.0 but I thought 3.1 would be compatible with 3.0. I wonder if something is just bunk with this guy's external drive.
Mines working fine.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
So I've had my SX since last week and been enjoying it, but was annoyed that Yakuza didn't support Quick Resume.

Then yesterday it... suddenly started working? I don't think it or the OS got updated. Did something happen on MS' side?

They disabled QR on a bunch of games after launch to troubleshoot it, maybe they're slowly enabling it again?

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Don't know if it has been mentioned yet but the Dolby Atmos has a discount in Europe for 12:59 euro instead of 17,99

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone else getting spoiled by these high frame rate games then struggling to go back to 30fps games? It is jarring to say the least. There are so many Xbox One X games that I wish the devs would go back and patch in a 60fps or unlocked frame rate. Games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks just incredible on Series X/Xbox One X but the frame rate is capped at 30. With the power gap between the One X and Series X they could easily unlock that cap. Granted it is smooth as butter in performance mode, but then visuals take a hit to 1080p.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i'm sure the answer is no, but hearing all these reports about issues with the DVD drive and i have this external usb one sitting on my desk at work... any chance that would work on the xsx?

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
The first time I played Sea of Thieves, I did it solo and had no clue what I was doing. My ship was shot down pretty quickly.

I tried it again with a friend, and had a blast. We somehow got our boat stuck on a dock we crashed into lol. Is there a way to shake it loose or were we just screwed? We decided to end the game at that time anyways. But it was a lot of fun.

I didn't have an Xbox one, so for a long time I played and enjoyed sports games and Sony exclusives on my PS4 Pro. I wanted a PS5 and was pretty upset and how stupid it was to get one, but I am honestly loving the hell out of my Series X. All of these Xbox One games I never played are so fun, and a lot of them optimized and performing great.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Is anyone else getting spoiled by these high frame rate games then struggling to go back to 30fps games? It is jarring to say the least. There are so many Xbox One X games that I wish the devs would go back and patch in a 60fps or unlocked frame rate. Games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks just incredible on Series X/Xbox One X but the frame rate is capped at 30. With the power gap between the One X and Series X they could easily unlock that cap. Granted it is smooth as butter in performance mode, but then visuals take a hit to 1080p.

Welcome to the world of PC gamers trying to play console exclusives the last 2 gens.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The first time I played Sea of Thieves, I did it solo and had no clue what I was doing. My ship was shot down pretty quickly.

I tried it again with a friend, and had a blast. We somehow got our boat stuck on a dock we crashed into lol. Is there a way to shake it loose or were we just screwed? We decided to end the game at that time anyways. But it was a lot of fun.

I didn't have an Xbox one, so for a long time I played and enjoyed sports games and Sony exclusives on my PS4 Pro. I wanted a PS5 and was pretty upset and how stupid it was to get one, but I am honestly loving the hell out of my Series X. All of these Xbox One games I never played are so fun, and a lot of them optimized and performing great.

Yeah, you can get free! If you're ever stuck, you wanna raise your sail (fully up) and then hardlock your wheel to the left or right (whichever way makes sense). Your ship will turn and, if it's stuck, it'll slowly move backwards and kinda push you away. This won't work if your sail is even slightly down as it'll constantly be trying to push forward.

So sails up, anchor up, hardlock the wheel. You'll get out.

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Did you turn of Live (something) in the C9 settings? That causes lines like you descripe. Sorry I am not at my TV to get the exact name or where in the menu it is.
Yeah I did and it still does it sometimes, not sure what's causing it, when I turned of game mode from the TV it stopped for a few days rhenium when I put it back on it will do it at random start ups

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Minecraft stopped working today, it would just force close after the Mojang screen. Had to completely uninstall/reinstall to fix it. Really worried that whenever I upgrade from a 1080p tv the system will melt and be out of warranty :(

Oct 27, 2017
Right now jealous of you guys w/ your Series X.

I was in an ambulance last Thursday to the hospital when my Series X arrived at my work. My mom brought it to my place for me when she went to check it out my condo and get some things last week. Went there yesterday to get some extra clothes and my god, even iside the brown box Best Buy Canada put it in, that books is smaller than I though. I cannot wait to get it out the packaging this weekend.

Thankfully, everything will be aright as all this will probably lead to my gall bladder taken out. But glad it's nothing much worse (which they I think feared at the beginning).

Enjoy your console guys.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017

I was in an ambulance last Thursday to the hospital when my Series X arrived at my work. My mom brought it to my place for me when she went to check it out my condo and get some things last week. Went there yesterday to get some extra clothes and my god, even iside the brown box Best Buy Canada put it in, that books is smaller than I though. I cannot wait to get it out the packaging this weekend.

Thankfully, everything will be aright as all this will probably lead to my gall bladder taken out. But glad it's nothing much worse (which they I think feared at the beginning).

Enjoy your console guys.
Take my energy my guy 💪

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Samsung 1TB external USB 3.1 SSD for $129. Great for offloading games or playing last gen games.

Secret Walmart Promo Codes: Save 30% Off With July Promo Codes | 2021 Deals & Discounts

Use this valid 65% off Walmart promo code now. See all 24 Walmart promo codes, coupons, discounts & free delivery codes for Jul 2021.

Purchased. Thanks! I've been looking for a good ssd to pair with my series x for all my bc games. This one seemed as good as any.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017

Enjoy your console guys.

Hope everything goes well for you. Don't worry, we'll all play Two Point Hospital (if it's still on GP), and think of you.

Oct 27, 2017
Take my energy my guy 💪
Hope everything goes well for you. Don't worry, we'll all play Two Point Hospital (if it's still on GP), and think of you.
Thanks guys. On the bright side, it's going to be even sweeter to opening that box this weekend.

Right now, tempted to pick up maybe a couple games, because why not. However, one may be the super mario 3d collection for the switch. Not sure on the other one.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Purchased. Thanks! I've been looking for a good ssd to pair with my series x for all my bc games. This one seemed as good as any.
Awesome! I've been using a Samsung 1TB Evo SSD in an enclosure and it's super fast to offload games from the internal SSD. If you've filled the internal SSD and want to download something, the console will ask you if you want to move something off. It will put the move into the queue. And the download goes into the queue after the move.

The move takes 5 minutes or so and then the download will start automatically. It's a brilliant system to have one queue for both operations.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
2 things

1. Does the msft rewards app keep closing randomly on anybody?

2. Msft massively needs to overhaul this ui, it's so ugly.

So far this has been getting a lot more play than my ps5 purely because of gamepass though. I prefer the ps5 ui by a mile and prefer the dualsense overall but the new controller on xbox is pretty great as well and gamepass is ridiculous.

Oct 30, 2017

Enjoy your console guys.
Get well soon. The console is great!

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
I have a XSX and soon a PS5 so I'm always a dual console owner, but seems like I bet on the wrong horse (XSX) when it comes to multiplat games now :( Got several multiplat games on XSX but seems like PS5 runs everything better atm sigh. Oh well maybe patches and stuff will fix those games.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have a XSX and soon a PS5 so I'm always a dual console owner, but seems like I bet on the wrong horse (XSX) when it comes to multiplat games now :( Got several multiplat games on XSX but seems like PS5 runs everything better atm sigh. Oh well maybe patches and stuff will fix those games.
DMC5 runs near identical or better on the Series X on everything but the 4k120 mode.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Seems there's an issue redeeming codes on the series X. Friend gifted me some DLC and I had to put the code on my account through the Web browser, and now I've just tried another code and it also won't work from the console.

I'm personally loving the series X. Load times are super fast and the games I'm playing run great. Been mostly playing Watchdogs, Sea of Thieves and Tetris

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
Cool, if not I was going to see how to go about gifting you a month of Gamepass or something so you could try games that way. As someone who didn't have Xbox One and now has a Series X, Gamepass is insane lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, if not I was going to see how to go about gifting you a month of Gamepass or something so you could try games that way. As someone who didn't have Xbox One and now has a Series X, Gamepass is insane lol.
Yup, it is. Actually, it's a must have for all xbox owners IMO. Thanks for that but I don't need it.

Curious how the games will looke on my 2017 Samsung 55 inch 4k UHD curve tv (MU6490). However, not suree about the 4:4:x stuff though.

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
Yeah, you can get free! If you're ever stuck, you wanna raise your sail (fully up) and then hardlock your wheel to the left or right (whichever way makes sense). Your ship will turn and, if it's stuck, it'll slowly move backwards and kinda push you away. This won't work if your sail is even slightly down as it'll constantly be trying to push forward.

So sails up, anchor up, hardlock the wheel. You'll get out.
Awesome, thanks.

Oct 27, 2017
Really good. I haven't tried many games but everything looks much sharper and cleaner. The font rendering is much better too, going from the One S on the same 4k screen it's like looking at text on a 1080 windows screen then going to a 5k retina screen.
Thanks! I'll consider it when I upgrade my Xbox, I'm still deciding whether to buy an S or X

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
Man, I have an older receiver that doesn't support earc and I'm not really happy with the SHARC because I have to turn on ARC on my LGCX every time. It also makes it so I can't hook up other devices to my receiver that don't need HDMI 2.1 stuff.

I can't believe there's no option for an HDMI receiver (that isn't bugged). I feel like buying a new receiver for earc is a waste right now, but I'm not happy with the sharc and if I go through my receiver I lose VRR and 120hz. Ugh.