• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I just went back and downloaded FH1. Jesus it looks amazing on XSX. Its a late gen 360 game but even with the res and framerate improvement, things like the draw distance are pretty crazy.
Amen, game is gorgeous and it's real fun to play! The enhancements help too.

I wish I could get 1 or 2 :(

Another story with anecdotal reasons to never buy video game stuff from amazon
for some reason the shock blue controller is limit 1 per person. I ordered it and amazon lost it, it never arrived. ok, not a big deal, they refunded it almost immediately. however I cannot re-order it since it is 1 per person. ive talked to 3 different people with support and the best I could get was an extra $15 in amazon promo and told to buy it from a sketchy 3rd party vendor. I think im gonna do a best buy gift card and opt for local store pickup at this rate, im over this shit. dunno why they cant just hit a button and resend the item

Did you get a Series X? If you did a 360 copy of Horizon 1 will work. You can find them for 20$ too last I checked.

Also that sucks, sorry to hear. When it comes to electronics now I always try to go local anyway but I'll keep that in mind with Amazon's limits!

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
So when I try game streaming on my chromebook I get lots of periodic lag...on other devices I get none.
Anyone else experienced something similar?

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
Sonic Generations looks amazing on the series X! Just did the stage with the coastline and the killer whales in 3D and the HDR really makes it pop off the screen. Super super impressed.

I've never played sonic unleashed but is it worth suffering through for the speed levels?

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have a fix for audio cracking issues? This is not headphones but through my 5.1 system. It's prevalent in the UI and seems more prevalent in certain games (rdr2). I have tried unplugging and replugging everything.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Having issues with Banjo Kazooie + Quick resume whereby sometimes Xbox Live just will not connect no matter what I do. Furthermore, sometimes when coming back to the game, the sound just gives up and I have to hard reset the game - anything I'm doing wrong or is it the issue of old title + new tech not playing well together?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I know there's various problems with regards to the CEC functionality right now...but I'll add a question:

I have an LG 55LB6100
I have Simplink enabled. Simplink and Auto Power are both set to "On." Confirmed that it's enabled on the HDMI port in the menu system too.
I have all of the Series X's CEC options toggled to on.

It seems that when I turn my Series X on, the TV also turns on. However, when I turn it off, the TV does not turn off (it just goes to the grey-ish screen saying there's no signal on that input).

Anyone have suggestions?

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having issues with not having all their Xboxes show up as consoles in the mobile app?

my brother and I game share, and I could always see both our consoles (hell even old xboxes that I never deregistered were showing up)

But his Xbox (my home console) seemed to have disappeared from my list a few weeks ago. We both have the remote play settings enabled on the console. Kinda at a loss. Taking a big road trip and was hoping to game stream from his console. Any ideas?

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the new multiverse skins for Borderlands 3 break the game's ability to detect all of the DLC on the Series X, though uninstalling them seems to fix it. BL3 is also thus far the only game I've had completely crash my Series X, hopefully Gearbox will patch it soon.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
Lol just played Fortnite for the first time in like two years to test out it on XSX and won my first match solo.

I am terrible at MP and rarely play any online MP, never won a battle royale before (not even Fall Guys).

Dat XSX advantage.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
For those that do not know and want to use old/other controllers with their XSX|S

WingmanXB_Introduction.jpg

WingmanXB_Features.jpg

Wingman XB - Brook Gaming

Now you can use PS5, PS4, PS3, XSX|S, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Switch Pro, SEGA Astro City, MEDA Drive mini controller on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Original Xbox.Support Flight Stick Now!

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I bought one of the new Blue Series X/S controllers and did not realize that the light in the center of the Xbox Icon is blue with white surrounding it. It looks really great. Also for those that have rechargeable battery packs/charging stations from Xbox One controllers, they changed the location of two tabs so the battery covers don't work on the new controllers. I have the Power A duel charging station and just realized that they changed the battery cover...so off to Gamestop for yet another purchase for a new power charging dock.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I never sent my response to the QR message, so I'll rewrite and won't rehash what everyone else has already said.

I wouldn't mind there being a thin/flat bar in the home screen that runs underneath the main boxes that shows all the states. But, I think my preferred solution is a QR live tile that replaces one of the suggestion tiles (next Achievement/ suggested friend) that cycles through the QR states and that shows you the full list if you click into it, allowing you to pin one game's save state, associate a save state with a specific user rather than system-wide (which would hopefully also allow multiple states of the same game to work), and to selectively delete states if desired.

I DO NOT want a popup notification every time I launch a game to tell me I'm losing a QR state. That would happen constantly and would be annoying whenever I launch a new game. No thank you. However, maybe a small flyout when you hover over a game icon that gives you details about the game and shows a small banner with a yellow warning symbol at the top to show that you'll lose a state (I still don't think that's great). The "clearest" solution might just be to put a symbol in the corner of every game icon. But also, that's a nightmare.

REALISTICALLY, I think it's fine. If I have 5 games running, I think it is what it is. But if there's a better solution, awesome.

OscarK

Ok, separately from that.. is there any news about being able to remote stream to PC with my Series X console? I can connect in the console companion app, but I can't stream from it. This is my preferred way to play (since I'm often not able to just sit at the TV where my console is), so lately, I've been playing a lot of One X still instead. I know I can remote play to phone. But not preferred for various reasons.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone have a fix for audio cracking issues? This is not headphones but through my 5.1 system. It's prevalent in the UI and seems more prevalent in certain games (rdr2). I have tried unplugging and replugging everything.
I don't, but now I'm starting to wonder if there's an issue with the overall audio system, because I'm noticing other people are experiencing the same static/hissing I get with headphones plugged into the controller. It's constant and always in the right channel. Hopefully this can be - and will be - solved with a SW update.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
What is your secretttt

I know, it sucks!

Yeah something is wrong

I have XSX -> TV -> AVR, which has worked since xbox one launch, no longer works

I also straight up have XSS -> TV

Also cannot control volume

I just had to enable CEC control on my TV and AVR (I used to just use the IR blaster on my Xbox One), and everything was basically fine. Still having a little difficulty getting it to reliably turn my TV off when I shut down the Xbox, but that's the only problem I've encountered.

I also use Alexa control, and all I had to do there was disable the Alexa skill, delete the association between my old Xbox and the Echo in my living room, re-enable the skill, and then associate the new Xbox with that Echo. Worked fine after that.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
On a side note, after days of having very slow wifi, it's finally going up to the speed I'm supposed to catch here.

Good stuff.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've never played sonic unleashed but is it worth suffering through for the speed levels?
Unleashed has some amazing levels, but you have to suffer through a lot to experience them all. It feels a little less refined than Generations, being released earlier, and has some real bullshit in there too.

Unfortunately it's not X Enhanced either, so it won't look near as good as Generations.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody else get a brief, but horrible disc drive noise when powering up the Series X? It seems to function fine, but it sure is annoying.

I've replicated this with instant on and a full shutdown/power on.

Last edited:

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I was installing Ori today on my Series X and my Xbox was making a lot of noise. Is this normal?

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone own CoD Cold War and can see if Gifting the cross platform version is 9.99 for you? id love to buy it from you!!

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
So when I try game streaming on my chromebook I get lots of periodic lag...on other devices I get none.
Anyone else experienced something similar?

that is been an issue since before the series x. it is laggy on my pixel slate too. probably something to do with how the slate is running android apps in a vm. Stadia and geforce now are the only viable options for chrome now. hopefully whatever ms does for ios will also work for chrome

Jul 26, 2018
I have a wired headset I use on mi PC. Plugged it in the controller audio jack but it doesn't fit well (it doesn't click and the male plug is slightly longer than the controller jack, just a tiny bit really but it's enough for it not to click).

Short question: can you just plug any headphones in the controller or do I need a licensed one?

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having issues with not having all their Xboxes show up as consoles in the mobile app?

my brother and I game share, and I could always see both our consoles (hell even old xboxes that I never deregistered were showing up)

But his Xbox (my home console) seemed to have disappeared from my list a few weeks ago. We both have the remote play settings enabled on the console. Kinda at a loss. Taking a big road trip and was hoping to game stream from his console. Any ideas?

A different issue, but I can't add my Series X to the app at all. It tells me to sign into the console as myself, which I do, and then the app just sits there waiting forever and never does anything. I still own my One X and it's showing up in the app fine. Pretty annoying.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing no man's sky on series x? getting a lot of bugs (out of bounds in stations, ships spawning too big, random soft locks)

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else's Series X kind of make a single small knock when you turn it on sometimes? That normal?

Edit: ah okay, that disc drive video earlier up the page is exactly what mine does

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see a lot of impressions on the X, but I'm curious if S owners are content with it or wish they went up to the X. I'm torn on which I want to get down the road.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see a lot of impressions on the X, but I'm curious if S owners are content with it or wish they went up to the X. I'm torn on which I want to get down the road.

I love my Series S, sometimes yeah I do wish I got an X instead but that's only due to how it handles BC games. However the games that are made for it, I'm more than happy with. I have:

Gears 5
Dirt 5
AC:Valhalla
Borderlands 3
Watch Dogs Legion
State of Decay 2

For all of those games enhanced for Series S I'm more than happy with it. A lot of my One S games do show improvements, I just wish there was a way to get the One X profiles.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love my Series S, sometimes yeah I do wish I got an X instead but that's only due to how it handles BC games. However the games that are made for it, I'm more than happy with. I have:

Gears 5
Dirt 5
AC:Valhalla
Borderlands 3
Watch Dogs Legion
State of Decay 2

For all of those games enhanced for Series S I'm more than happy with it. A lot of my One S games do show improvements, I just wish there was a way to get the One X profiles.
How has it been with Xbox/360 games? That's a huge selling point for me.

Barrett2

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm very happy with my Series S, but I'm also planning on getting a PS5 soon and just don't play as many games as I used to.

If a new XBOX was going to be my only new console this gen, I'd definitely get the Series X. Hard drive alone justifies it, plus I suspect in 2-3yrs years a lot of Series S owners (myself included) will be itching for that upgrade. That being said, this year especially a lot of ppl don't have $500 to throw around, and games I've played on Series S look fantastic, so overall, I think both of them are reasonable purchases depending on your situation.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I can't find a straight answer on whether or not Black Ops Cold War has a 120 fps mode. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very happy with my Series S, but I'm also planning on getting a PS5 soon and just don't play as many games as I used to.

If a new XBOX was going to be my only new console this gen, I'd definitely get the Series X. Hard drive alone justifies it, plus I suspect in 2-3yrs years a lot of Series S owners (myself included) will be itching for that upgrade. That being said, this year especially a lot of ppl don't have $500 to throw around, and games I've played on Series S look fantastic, so overall, I think both of them are reasonable purchases depending on your situation.
I have a PC, but I'm really tempted due to console Game Pass being superior, the backwards compatibility (never played Rare Replay or Ninja Gaiden II, two huge draws) and being able to install RetroArch onto it. I'm okay with the power difference since I could just go PC if it bothered me enough.- A PS5 would probably happen later next year.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The uhh...the high framerate mode in Dirt 5 running on the Series S looks almost unbelievably bad. Oddly enough, most of the effects are still present, so you're seeing moments of the underlying look of the game, but even things like the names of other racers are almost illegible, even from like....5 feet away. They do everything they can to stylize/filter the resolution, but uhhh....

In theory (at least with VRR), it does feel smooth, but an actual gameplay issue is that there are tracks where fence barriers are basically invisible because they're too thin to resolve until you're really close. I'd rather have this option than not, but I can't believe this is on the same system as some of the other racing games I play. I've been super impressed with the Series S, and it's cool as a gadget, but I'm hoping this is more the exception than the rule.

Last edited: