• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dabbling

Dec 3, 2018
1 - Games that are third party usually stay around a year.

2 - 15 days

3 - No, you cannot play it if it leaves Game Pass. You get a 20% discount if you buy a game that is on Game Pass, though.
I'm pretty new to it but I think games like RDR2 left after about a year. Obviously, first party games and presumably anything from the EA Play library will be there permanently.

They announce a game is leaving like a couple weeks beforehand. Apparently you get like a 20% discount if you decide to purchase it digitally though.
For all games there is a minimum of 3 months a game needs to stay in gamepass. After that it all depends on what kind of deal they made.

Thanks for all the info ☺️ Anyone know when monster hunter world was added? That's the most substantial third party game on there that I want to get to.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
XSX and XSS does seem to have huge Wifi issues for some users...

For me it was like this:
Had problems connecting to the Wifi (FRITZ!Box router, same place/network as XOX) in the setup phase of XSX but with a couple of restarts and very slow download speed it finally worked.

Since then connecting to Wifi Xbox Live and download speeds was all over the place. From 2 Mbit to 50 Mbit (which is about normal for wifi for me) within 10 mins.

Detailed network statistics showed NAT moderate, UPnP not successful, 50% packet loss.

Works fine with ethernet cable but that is no longterm solution.

There is a whole thread about similar problems over HERE

I have not had this bad of issues but yeah the speed is very inconsistent. I can be anywhere from 1 mbps to 200mbps lol.

Hopefully MS can address with new firmware. This continues I will probably eventually RMA for a replacement.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Smooth sailing on the Series X except these two things I find rather strange:

1. WiFi connection doesn't turn off even after a complete shutdown of the system.

2. Disc drive will spin momentarily after a complete shutdown.

Has anyone else experienced any one of the two?

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Thanks for all the info ☺ Anyone know when monster hunter world was added? That's the most substantial third party game on there that I want to get to.
I don't think it will leave anytime soon. Games like that and Fallout 76 and Dead by Daylight seem to be there forever so more people play them and they buy expansions, DLCs, etc.

Link-182

Oct 27, 2017
Running into strange issue(s) on my Series X and wondering if anyone has been running into similar issues or has found a fix:

Whenever I open the Netflix app, the signal from the series x to the tv goes in and out in short intervals with black and white static showing up whenever it does. It continues to happen even after you close the app. The only way to fix it is to restart the console. Happens every time I start the Netflix app. Is anyone else having this problem? Wondering how widespread it is.

I'm wondering if it's an HDR issue with apps because i've also noticed (maybe unrelated) that for some reason HDR does not activate when I play an HDR video in Youtube on the SX. Games show HDR just fine, but for some reason youtube does not. I even compared the same hdr video on youtube with my PS4 Pro and again with my series X and no HDR on the SX.

Any ideas or people running into similar issues?

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Running into strange issue(s) on my Series X and wondering if anyone has been running into similar issues or has found a fix:

Whenever I open the Netflix app, the signal from the series x to the tv goes in and out in short intervals with black and white static showing up whenever it does. It continues to happen even after you close the app. The only way to fix it is to restart the console. Happens every time I start the Netflix app. Is anyone else having this problem? Wondering how widespread it is.

I'm wondering if it's an HDR issue with apps because i've also noticed (maybe unrelated) that for some reason HDR does not activate when I play an HDR video in Youtube on the SX. Games show HDR just fine, but for some reason youtube does not. I even compared the same hdr video on youtube with my PS4 Pro and again with my series X and no HDR on the SX.

Regarding HDR in Youtube, is that a thing now? The X1X app didn't allow it and I haven't heard anything about XSX version supporting HDR yet.

Oct 27, 2017
I have the Series X set up vertically and noticed that it does get fairly hot (specifically at the top ventilation obviously) when playing Dirt 5...this is normal, right?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have the Series X set up vertically and noticed that it does get fairly hot (specifically at the top ventilation obviously) when playing Dirt 5...this is normal, right?
Yes that's normal, power creates heat, consoles and PC need to evacuate heat.

On the Series X (and S) it does it on the top so it's easier to notice and feel than One X for example that was blowing on the back.

And don't worry, if there was an overheating issue, consoles (and most electronic devices) since years have thermal sensors and a message should popup asking to shutdown or something like that.
But heat is normal, that's a lot a power that need to dissipate heat.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
If you have 120hz get Dirt 5.

you won't be disappointed

Link-182

Oct 27, 2017

UPDATE: This issue also happens with Hulu. Youtube seems fine besides no HDR support.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
Where can I see what games are "pending" a quick resume? I thought there was something like that in the previews

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Took my S to a friend's place, we played many gamepass games (co-op Unravel 2 and Goose Game were revelations, lol), it was a great time. Portability is a pretty huge plus for me, I'm really glad I got the small box 🤩

There's really nothing I'm not loving about my first Xbox, other than the lack of storage.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Does the MS store let you wish list games like the switch? I want to add a few things to track for when they go on sale

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used a Xbox in awhile, long time playstation user and man I just don't like the UI at all, its just way too busy, also my sound bar goes to sleep when in ui for some reason, in game it works fine.
Same boat for the UI, took me a day to get used to it but now I like it a lot.

I do most things through the guide button, but I created a games group and added it to the home page.

Now when I turn the Xbox on, I just press right trigger once and have the listing of all the games I put in the group.

Did the same thing for media apps

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
My Series X asked me to update today and it fails at the verifying step. I can't connect to Xbox Live until I update my console so I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm on alpha skip ahead. Anyone else having this problem?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How's everyones experience with Console Streaming so far?

With my hardwired Series X and WiFi 6 iPhone 12 Pro Max, it is shockingly responsive. Like, I can't detect any input lag at all. BUT the image quality leaves a lot to be desired, with lots of pixelation and macro blocking.

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any resource to show the install sizes of games on XBox Series S? Or maybe a community compilation? I'm interested in this for the kids, but I don't want to be constantly un/re-installing games. I know I read the game sizes should be reduced on Series S since there's no need for 4K textures, so I'm hopeful.

Sorry if this has been asked already!

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like quick resume was put back into forza?

overall really liking the console. I didn't play much Xbox one so this is basically a whole new experience for me. Game pass is GOAT

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
There is definitely some sort of sound bug going on at the system level.

I've had issues across multiple games including Gow5, FH4 and Planet Coaster. JFO can't even hear the characters when they're speaking lol.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if I should sell my One X and get a Series X, have a friend buying a GPU off of me next week and that + selling a One X to GameStop would cover the costs
There are some teething issues with the system that will likely be fixed in firmware updates, but overall I would say yes. I sold my one x about a month ago to basically get series X at half price, well worth the upgrade. Everything just runs smoother and better overall, with bc bonuses like faster loading and auto hdr. Quick resume too when it works.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
I'm pretty new to it but I think games like RDR2 left after about a year. Obviously, first party games and presumably anything from the EA Play library will be there permanently.

They announce a game is leaving like a couple weeks beforehand. Apparently you get like a 20% discount if you decide to purchase it digitally though.
Unfortunately, Rockstar games (GTA5 and RDR2) are the ones staying the shortest amount of time - I think it was just 4 months each.

I can't give concrete examples, but from my experience I think I noticed quite a lot of third-party games staying for (much) longer than 1 year on the service. But yeah, generally speaking, I guess 1 year can be considered as an average.
Also it doesn't happen a lot, but I've seen a couple of games leaving the service and coming back a few months afterwards.

Finally, I may be wrong but I have the feeling the 15-day notice for games leaving GP is not a strict rule. I could swear I've been notified of games leaving and I kept seeing them 3 weeks after (tbh it would be better to have a fixed deadline).

Oct 29, 2017
How's everyones experience with Console Streaming so far?

With my hardwired Series X and WiFi 6 iPhone 12 Pro Max, it is shockingly responsive. Like, I can't detect any input lag at all. BUT the image quality leaves a lot to be desired, with lots of pixelation and macro blocking.

Awful here. Series X hardwired to router. Streaming to an iPhone 11 and iPad Pro 10.5 and it's hit and miss whether remote play will start. When it goes start it drops the connection or it's just a slow, unresponsive mess that's got artifacts everywhere.

But then I also had issues streaming on PS4 Pro and One X despite being a metre away from the consoles and router. So earlier today I ordered the TP Link Deco M5 in the hope that it's my router that's garbage and this will fix it.

On another note, one of the things I didn't like about being in the Xbox preview was it installing the system updates and I'd lose my game progress. Given the Series X can be powered off completely and still hold a save state I'm thinking it might be a better experience being in the preview.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to completely restart Forza? Deleting local save isn't doing anything cause the cloud save just takes over. There also isn't a way to delete the cloud save from my quick search (some say there's a delete both local and cloud save but there isn't one that appears)

NavNucST3

Nov 13, 2017
Not sure if it was in this thread or somewhere else I saw a post lamenting that they removed "Xbox One X Enhanced Games" grouping when using a Series X in the Games and Apps list. That's now back in the latest preview update of the dash, you have X|S optimised, One X enhanced, Xbox One, Xbox 360/OG groupings. 🎉

This is the reminder I needed to enroll my Series S into preview and unenroll my One X
Tangentially related (not really) had to do my Dolby Atmos app setup as well (can't believe I didn't do this until just a few minutes ago)

Disney+ was by far the easiest streaming app of mine to get logged into again "open the Disney+ app on your phone and we'll take it from there" that was even faster than the other good app methods of insert code into website...which leads to the dregs of signin society that make you do full username and pw into the apps

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Anyone here got a charge kit? Does yours light up or something when charging? Mine doesn't, so I'm never really sure when it's done charging

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if it was in this thread or somewhere else I saw a post lamenting that they removed "Xbox One X Enhanced Games" grouping when using a Series X in the Games and Apps list. That's now back in the latest preview update of the dash, you have X|S optimised, One X enhanced, Xbox One, Xbox 360/OG groupings. 🎉
Twas me! A great update. Just making things a bit easier to see what to play next.

You asked, and I think we can all give a big thank you to OscarK :)

It's quite amazing that you asked for it 2 days ago and it's already back in the filters for insiders. That's fast.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
really? it's not even X|S enhanced.

I dunno sorry for saying that and so many people responding lol. It just looks great imo.

I played some AC valhalla and then fallen order and AC looks like ass in comparison lol.

And 1080p mode is now 60 locked vs like 30-45.

4K mode it's just a stunning game imo.

I'm gonna try running the 1080/60 mode and turn on 120hz mode and see how it feels.

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
Just got my Series X today and I have the exact same issue. Never had a Strict Nat with any of my devices and I always open the ports. So I am at a loss as to what to try, as I feel like I exhausted everything. Even tried making the Series X a DMZ host and it didn't open. Did you end up fixing the issue?
Putting mine behind a DMZ fixed the issue thankfully. Port forwarding didn't work for me. I'm using the Verizon Fios gateway router if that makes a difference.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
The Gears 5 improvements are impressive. It feels so damn precise. I feel like a sharpshooter now.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Anyone else's Series X put out a slight clicking sound when running games? I have to be about a foot or less near the machine to hear it, and its not so loud that its super concerning, but I still wish it wasn't happening.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I dunno sorry for saying that and so many people responding lol. It just looks great imo.

I played some AC valhalla and then fallen order and AC looks like ass in comparison lol.

And 1080p mode is now 60 locked vs like 30-45.

4K mode it's just a stunning game imo.

I'm gonna try running the 1080/60 mode and turn on 120hz mode and see how it feels.
I m with you, the game is really beautiful , look more next gen than a lot of games made for serie x and ps5. And the HDR on it is so beautiful !