• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
For new page

For those with issues with Standby Downloads, this may (or may not) work

1. Change the name of your xbox
2. Make sure that you have the cellphone app and make sure it's showing the new name
3. Queue up the games using the app
4. Some time, it will begin, don't sweat it.

THIS is working for me.

how do you name your xbox again? i'd rather not leave my xbox on over night again, for basically 36-48 hours lol

Settings>System>Console Info

Downloaded these 3 without issue
wW7g5BM.png

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
So Microsoft sent me a new console, I should received it tomorrow at the earliest but I need to sent back my faulty Serie X today, better than expected, let's go!

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I played some Dead Space 1 in HDR and it really impressed me. I'm such a sucker for HDR that I played Gears 4 at 30 fps over playing it at 60+ on PC so as to not miss out on HDR.

Will probably play the game this way now when I want to revisit it. It holds up surprisingly well.

Swarming1182

Jan 14, 2018
So bowled over and impressed by this machine. I've finally got all my games downloaded and updated and running off the internal SSD and Expansion Card. Spent yesterday playing AC Valhalla, and today playing Gears 5 (first time) and Yakuza Like a Dragon. The latter isn't as visually impressive but the load times are incredibly quick. Valhalla has blown me away visually, as has Gears 5. Quick resume is great (though I hope MS patch Gears 5 to enable it soon), the UI is beautiful, simple and is very responsive. And I love the new controller. I think I can fairly safely no longer worry about transporting my low-mid range PC with me (I move fairly frequently) and just use this as my dedicated gaming platform now. Already overwhelmed by how many amazing games I have to play

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I really want to play Valhalla too but I am waiting for the first Ubisoft digital sale. It could be as early as Black Friday but more likely the Christmas Digital Sale or whatever it is called on Xbox.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
So.... what games actually support quick resume? After Microsoft made such a big deal about it I expected every game to have it by default but I think the only game I've seen it work for is tetris effect. Really wish I could switch between rocket league, tetris effect forza horizon AND watchdogs legion like I am supposed to be able to do. Kinda ruins alot of the hype when the press talked it up so much and I have the box on my home now and it doesn't even work for almost every game I've played.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
So are really going to be able to use an external as cold storage for enhanced games, or am I gonna be required to download the massive ass "upgrade" version of a game every time??

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So.... what games actually support quick resume? After Microsoft made such a big deal about it I expected every game to have it by default but I think the only game I've seen it work for is tetris effect. Really wish I could switch between rocket league, tetris effect forza horizon AND watchdogs legion like I am supposed to be able to do. Kinda ruins alot of the hype when the press talked it up so much and I have the box on my home now and it doesn't even work for almost every game I've played.
I've seen it work with FH4 and shit like MvC3. It definitely should be on those games

Oct 25, 2017
My console is supposed to arrive tomorrow, but I wanted to see how people are handling headphone audio. Without the optical out, does the XSX do usb output for DAC/AMPs? Would using the TV optical work instead?

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
My Xbox Series X has been out for delivery yesterday and today, only to be sent back to the facility and not delivered Lol.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Microsoft sent me a new console, I should received it tomorrow at the earliest but I need to sent back my faulty Serie X today, better than expected, let's go!

I was going to try my retailer (again, since the employee couldn't give an answer without their manager), but if it's this painless maybe it's not even worth dealing with the store 🤔

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
You can thank me for reminding you then :p

One thing I can say for certain, the performance is better than One X and Pro.
Haha thanks! That is great too hear because the Telltale games aren't the best performing games out there.. But they are really good

Played a lot of AC Valhalla today.. buying more than this game at launch was a mistake I think because I am going to put a lot of hours in this one.. Game did crash today once after 10 hours in the last 2 days

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Haha thanks! That is great too hear because the Telltale games aren't the best performing games out there.. But they are really good

Played a lot of AC Valhalla today.. buying more than this game at launch was a mistake I think because I am going to put a lot of hours in this one.. Game did crash today once after 10 hours in the last 2 days

You're welcome :)

Yeah, performance is not their strong suit and neither is optimisation, but they make the type of games I enjoy.

I have decided against playing anything that last longer than 20 hours in launch month, don't want to be tied down to one game.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is the audio during cutscenes in Gears Tactics fucky for anyone else? It crackles constantly for me. Dunno if it was a bad download or if it's the game itself.

The XSX has crashed a total of three times for me. Two of those occasions, the controller would stop synching with the console so I would have to hard restart it.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also is there a setting to have games continue to download in the background while you're playing games? I can't tell if my games are still downloading or not as I play other stuff.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Something strange just happened, I turned of my Series X and a few minutes later it started spinning the disc for what seemed like an entire minute.

Has this happened to anyone else?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is the audio during cutscenes in Gears Tactics fucky for anyone else? It crackles constantly for me. Dunno if it was a bad download or if it's the game itself.

The XSX has crashed a total of three times for me. Two of those occasions, the controller would stop synching with the console so I would have to hard restart it.

Seems to only happen when I'm using the Arctis headset.

IGotPaid

Nov 7, 2017
I'm getting the same error. Is this happening to anyone else?
I had my Gears 5 on a USB drive. Launched it and downloaded the upgrade (55gb). At that point it was installed on the SSD and USB drive at over 120gb. When I launched, all the menu options said they weren't downloaded yet and it was still downloading... But nothing was downloading. I deleted it and am downloading from scratch a 77gb base game now.

It also duplicated Forza Horizon 4. At least that's what it looked like, two base game installs of roughly the same size.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The Series X is fantastic. The SSD, the Quick Resume, and the performance updates for legacy content are great. Pretty impressed. Only thing lacking is native software, but that's been talked about to death.

ffgameman

Nov 2, 2017
I had my Gears 5 on a USB drive. Launched it and downloaded the upgrade (55gb). At that point it was installed on the SSD and USB drive at over 120gb. When I launched, all the menu options said they weren't downloaded yet and it was still downloading... But nothing was downloading. I deleted it and am downloading from scratch a 77gb base game now.

It also duplicated Forza Horizon 4. At least that's what it looked like, two base game installs of roughly the same size.

The "upgrade" patch for me was 64.5 GB for Forza. Crazy.