• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Xbox one x. Same tv LG C9 instant game response banner came up upon system start and never again.

series X: same tv. Instant game response banner comes up on any transition screen AND the "apps" banner comes on whenever I turn the tv on to the Xbox and I have to dismiss it. Is this a setting in the tv or something I need to now tinker with?

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I can't for the life of me get my controller to connect to the system. It just sits on the screen saying press and hold the Xbox button to turn on the controller. Controller keeps blinking and nothing registers. I've tried the WiFi buttons and connecting in usb. Nothing. What the hell??
Maybe an obvious question but did you try pressing the sync button on the controller and the xbox itself?

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
We really should be able to download and move multiple games at once now. It's taking me forever to download everything.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Does anyone get a Black Screen when loading Forza Horizon 4 when the system is set at 4K 120hz?

Gears 5 had weird shit going on too. The intro cutscene for Operation 4 was squished like in a 4:3 Aspect Ratio.

I got a LG CX 55 and all so this shouldn't be an issue here. The Series X comes with an HDMI 2.1 cable and I got a HDMI 2.1 capable TV, these issues don't make sense. Launch day teething issues I guess, but this shit doesn't make sense to me.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
We really should be able to download and move multiple games at once now. It's taking me forever to download everything.
At the risk of sounding ultra repetitive, if you still have your previous Xbox I highly suggest you use the "Network transfer" feature. It'll save you a ton for time.

Abu05

Oct 27, 2017
I have an XF900 which is a model above yours and I had a similar issue earlier. So it seems that the XSX doesn't recognize our sets at 1440p / 120Hz. The best you'll get is 1080p / 120Hz. Activating this a bit cumbersome too as you have to manually go into settings and change some parameters whenever you want to switch between 120 Hz and 4k60.

So go into settings, select video option. Go to 'video fidelity & overscan. Under 'display' select 'HDMI'. Back out of this menu and change the resolution to 1080p. You'll also get an option to change the refresh rate from here.
That's a bummer. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wish there was some music or something to these backgrounds to make it feel alive lol. I'm so used to live backgrounds on ps4, they are dynamic and have music lol

Barrett2

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
COD Warzone won't start on my Series S. Still downloading but says it should be playable, but getting error message. Guess I'll try again after download finishes.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm confused about something. When you press and hold the Xbox logo button on the controller to bring up the power menu, why does only the right trigger vibrate? I thought I might have a faulty controller and assumed both triggers should vibrate. But my second controller does the same thing. So what's the deal with that?

Dec 13, 2017
So to update my situation in case it may alleviate some with similar concerns. I have my XSX in a shelf horizontally. I was getting a lot of noise and the Xbox was getting really hot. I've tilted it with the vent facing out in space and the noise is gone, but still warm air coming out and warm on the console near the vent. Doesn't seem too odd but a lot of people have said it's a rather cool console.

I tested it with Valhalla only played around 30mins but no noise whatsoever. Warm-ish but it's quiet. So could be a solution for those that are dealing with noise in a shelf

Oct 29, 2017
Forza Horizon 4 is downright amazing. What a great choice to "turn into" a Series X/S game. Load times are so fast!

EDIT: Haha at all the ads for Mixer.

Apr 30, 2019
This is the best console I have ever owned. Halo 5 alone with no patch and just auto HDR and full 4k looks better than anything from last gen.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I can't bring myself to pick up a CX right now (I'll probably give in at some point but I would like to wait till the 2021 TVs are shown). Has anyone tried their X with a TCL 6 series. That would be a better impulse buy for me.
I should be fine. Things happen I guess. It bothers me, but that's the chance we all take when we buy electronics.
Yeah, It seems like my XSX is working fine thankfully but now I'm worried about my PS5 tomorrow. As you said, it's just part of buying electronics.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
So with my crappy internet and xbox servers getting hammered, I'm unlikely to be able to play Assasins creed at all tonight at this rate.

I'm safe going back to my One X right? Saves are uploaded to the cloud at every suspension and I can pick up tomorrow on my SX?
I haven't encountered any cloud save issues. I've only played BC stuff though.
How do I add dynamic backgrounds?
Settings, General, Personalisation, My Colour & Background and Dynamic background.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Can Xbox One and Xbox Series S do cross play for Master Chief Collection?? My friend and I are not able to connect with each other. I'm on Series S and they're on Xbox One.

Mar 6, 2019
I was seriously blown away by Gears 5 when I played it today. Massive improvement all around and 120fps in multiplayer is amazing. Highly recommended even if you are sick of gears 5.

Mar 6, 2019
Quick resume sucks as of now. Either not working or making audio cut out.

Also I cannot upload any videos that I captured on my Xbox, screen goes black every time

Tarkus

Oct 25, 2017
US
Is anyone having issues trying to transfer Halo MCC to Series X? It's like the game is installed but there is some Xbox store link to initialize the game that errors.

Pollux

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm having an issue where game audio and chat audio is super quiet with the new console and new controller. Used 2 different headsets gone into setting and nothing works. Any ideas?

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
The quick resume feature is fascinating when it doesn't work
Here's my early does it work impressions
Gears Tactics Yes
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Yes
Forza Horizon 4 Nope not yet for me
Tetris effect connected No
Borderlands 3 Nope but at least it loads super fast
Watch Dogs Legion No and I lost mission progress testing it
Yakuza Like A Dragon Yes/No
One time it worked since then it caused a system restart on my end when it froze on the Title Card screen and the next 4x it just reloads the title screen it's still fast to load the game
but no Ichi chilling on the streets anymore.
what about you new series owners any interesting quick resume experiences

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Figured i'd share my Rock Band 4 experience here since it's potentially the most demanding test-case for Backwards Compatiblity support.

Spoiler: It loads my 2600DLC (2770 songs total) and into 2112 (a 20+ minute long song) in under a minute from the home screen.
For comparisons sake, load time can be multiple minutes alone just entering the song list on Xbox One X.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The worst part of a new console: waiting for everything to install and update. I should get some Forza 4 in before bed at least.

So far so good with my X.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Figured i'd share my Rock Band 4 experience here since it's potentially the most demanding test-case for Backwards Compatiblity support.

Spoiler: It loads my 2600DLC (2770 songs total) and into 2112 (a 20+ minute long song) in under a minute from the home screen.
For comparisons sake, load time can be multiple minutes alone just entering the song list on Xbox One X.

Awesome. Wish I had a working adapter but mine is fucking broken.