• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
Given how many people are having xbox shutting down issues hardware issues is a understatement. Me, my 3 friends all have the exact same issue and 2 of them live in a different country so it can't be 1 bad batch.
Ate the crashes experienced happening while playing the same game or action? Or are they all just random crashes? I have had mine on and running since I fired it up roughly 12 hours ago with zero issues.

Cronosblade

Oct 27, 2017
Ok having two issues so far. Can someone check these please?

1)borderlands 3 - blinking lights and glitches everywhere. Character select goes all white.Weird color boxes all over screen.

2) PvZ neighborville - split screen causes 1st player to get weird colored artifacts that block view until you love or turn from area.

i will try to get pics of both but makes me worried about the console. But I also played dmc 5 and a few other games have not had this same issue.

Anyone wanna see what I'm dealing with? I get white dots blinking in Gears Tactics on top of the 2 issues above.....

:(

On chat with Xbox support now........

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I played the first hour or so of Valhalla.
It is incredibly impressive. Also, all that talk about how fast it is, is legit. It's impressively fast from off to back into a game.

I think I am having issues with the "downloading while in rest mode" I dunno if it's a bug of what.

May 21, 2018
Want to add to the list of people that successfully got their console today.

The servers must be getting hammered cause Doom Eternal is downloading ssllooooooooowwwllyy.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
The new xbox app and the controller with the screenshot button is incredible. I press the button and get an immediate notification on my phone with the screenshot I just took. little things like that make a huge difference

also the auto HDR is so good. I was playing Apex (crossplay with a PS4 buddy) and it felt like the game was easier to see in compared to my PS4 Pro. Played consistently better!

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Modern Warfare multi-player with the high definition texture pack is now actually playable. Hopefully it gets a proper Series X enhancement update (I don't think so but I can dream).

Network transfer is the real deal Right now transferring at 688Mbps. It's a beauty to see.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I held off on playing Gears 5 up until this console and glad I did, man it's stunning.

Hopefully they get Quick Resume fixed for it though....

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like the Series is loudest when installing games? It gets louder than my One X ever did I think.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Is quick resume possible for original Xbox / 360 games? :0 I'm pretty sure I couldn't use it with Ninja Gaiden Black and Virtua Fighter 5.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
I've tried two headphones now in my controller. I get a lot of crackle. Is this normal?

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
So I'm still downloading updates but I thought I would share my experience, which was kind of a nightmare. Apparently out of the box it couldn't connect to my eero (wifi mesh device). So after a bit of frustration and finally connecting it directly to my cable modem via ethernet (a huge hassle) I was able to complete the setup. After the setup I was able to connect it to the eero, so the console update seemed to fix it. It was something with the fact that eero only supports WPA2 PSK AES.

It's working now so I'm happy, but gosh there always seems to be something that never goes right. Maybe next time things will go smoothly, lol.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Well, this is a bummer. After pressing F5 one billion times today, my Amazon tracking finally changed...from "Arriving today by 8 PM" to "Ha ha, sucker, maybe tomorrow or Thursday".

Oh well, I have nothing to play on it, anyway. I only ordered The Falconeer, and it isn't due (on disc) until next week. I just wanted to set it up and mess around with it.

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
So what's faster for transferring my games - network transfer or copying off an external (non-ssd) hard drive?

TheNAC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Modern Warfare multi-player with the high definition texture pack is now actually playable. Hopefully it gets a proper Series X enhancement update (I don't think so but I can dream).

Network transfer is the real deal Right now transferring at 688Mbps. It's a beauty to see.

I cant access an add on screen to download the high definition pack. Must be a bug with the update

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Downloaced DA:I, RE:7, Grounded, A Way Out, Fallen Order, and Battletoads. Will wait till they are all finished!

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ok so it isn't just me. Reddit is saying others are not having their queue keep downloading or installing after the console enters standby. All downloads and installs are stopped while the console is in standby, even with Instant On and the keep storage on set correctly.

Oct 29, 2017
I have Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition on disc. Can I download the Gamepass version, and have all my DLC and season pass stuff that's part of my account added to it as well? Trying to avoid having to put in my disc lol.

Abu05

Oct 27, 2017
Question I am not sure have this has been answered. Do all games need to be on the internal storage or can they run on external? I'm trying to play games and nothing is loading from an external. Thanks for the help. The external is just a regular portable hard drive

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
When I shut off my TV, my Series X shut off and my downloads stopped?

Is there a setting to keep it downloading?

GraceflAnger

Nov 17, 2017
Does anyone have a Series X with a CX OLED notice red and white screen tears with VRR on? I noticed it while playing Valhalla.

Aphotic

Oct 25, 2017
Just played the first hour or so of Valhalla on Series X and I'm loving it so far. Too tired to keep going since the wife and I were up late last night securing the order from Target, but I can't wait to jump back in tomorrow. I'm downloading a few extra Game Pass games so I can try out quick resume!

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
anyone else use the Xbox app to set up their machine and then have the app unable to find the console to set up for remote play?

It's one of my only issues. It finds my Xbox but then says to enable remote play on the Xbox but I already did. I just wanted to get it working so I could manage my downloads while the kids watch tv.

As I was saying, mostly smooth otherwise. I will have to check the disk drive after hearing that others are having trouble with it.

I think I'm going to go ahead and pick up a new TV because I need VRR. AC:V is screen tearing like crazy in the first home city. I was going to wait but I think I might as well.

I am having the now downloads in rest mode but I am chalking that up to servers prioritizing people playing games.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Question I am not sure have this has been answered. Do all games need to be on the internal storage or can they run on external? I'm trying to play games and nothing is loading from an external. Thanks for the help. The external is just a regular portable hard drive
All One, 360 and S games can run off of external storage.

Confusatron

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
CrossCode doesn't have sound for me when I use Dolby Atmos for Headphones, but works when I use stereo uncompressed. Playing on a C9, 4K120 and haven't had issues with any other game I've tested (Gears 5, Ori 2, Sekiro, Monster Hunter and others). Can anyone else confirm?