• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
It's a great system with an incredibly underwhelming launch lineup. Obviously we knew that going in, but when my girlfriend asked me to show her the best looking game I kinda had nothing.
AC looks good and runs well, but that didn't impress her lol

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't getting great speeds on my downloads so I didn't really get to play much. Guess I'll just let it download overnight and I'll have some stuff to play tomorrow.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
you guys have too high standards if you are not amazed, imo

Yakuza runs great in dinamic 4k at 60
Gears looks awesome
Tetris looks great

If anything, the server hitches and some hardware issues are dissapointing but expected on launches

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla for a few hours, then tried The Falconeer for another hour, then gave Tetris Effect a go for another. Decided to hop back into Assassin's Creed... Then to The Falconeer. All with the quickest and just soaking it all in.

That Quick Resume is the real next-gen feature right there. Make no mistake. Can't play any other way now.

Is quick resume automatic if you start another game or do you have to trigger it?

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was working from my living room all day just waiting for the delivery. 4:15pm, get an 'attempted delivery' notification. Which is obviously BS...

Get on with customer service robots for 20 minutes. Finally a real person. Sends me on a 25 minute drive to the customer service facility where the box is. Nope. Actually it's at a place that is a three minute drive from my house, but they closed at 5pm. Bummer.

Was mostly just going to be downloading stuff today. But was definitely looking forward to jumping into next gen. Oh well, tomorrow it is. Definitely hope I have a better experience on Thursday.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
This thing is a engineering marvel....it is whisper quiet and doesn't get hot.

Used mine for 6 hours non stop and i am impressed.

Can't wait for cyberpunk next month

Yea I've been playing for hours trying different games and was shocked when I put my hand over the top exhaust grill. It felt sort of luke warm. After those weird initial reports I expected it to be much warmer. It's pretty insane what they accomplished here.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Just got mine set up and everything about 3 hours ago. Holy shit...the new controller is...I don't know what it is but it's just better. I think I'm more fond of it than my elite series 2 after an hour or so of Valhalla while switching.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Getting tetris now, should be fast enough.. other stuff I'm getting is very big (gears 5 and horizon 4.. saved them to play now!.. but now will be tomorrow lol)

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mine arrived in the mail!! Now I just need to unplug my whole living room set and re-organize everything =P Is there a Discord server for Xbox Era or something like that?

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had 317 gigs available space,

I've downloaded Ori will of wisps (6 gigs) rare replay (11 gigs) spiritfarer (5.5 gigs)

now my available space is 190 gigs, those 3 games don't add up to 130 gigs

I should have 290 something gigs available not 190

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Quick resume doesn't seem to be working on my Series X.

I'm jumping from Rocket League (main menu) to Forza Horizon, and it just cold boots the logo screens.
Does this need to be enabled? Does it require any action on my part?

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I had 317 gigs available space,

I've downloaded Ori will of wisps (6 gigs) rare replay (11 gigs) spiritfarer (5.5 gigs)

now my available space is 190 gigs, those 3 games don't add up to 130 gigs

I should have 290 something gigs available not 190

I can't check, but are you factoring in the Xbox 360 BC games with Rare Replay? Those are not part of the actual Rare Replay file.

JFoul

Oct 25, 2017
Got mine today.

Setup was super easy and my 4TB HDD I used on my One X detected all of my games.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I put my Series X into rest mode after queuing up all the downloads. I just turned it on and it said everything was stopped due to my internet connection, and it won't let me resume. Nothing is wrong with my internet, though.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
Having a weird issue I can't figure out with the iOS Xbox app. I have already removed my account from / reset to factory setting my One X. And I've set up my series x (through the iOS app). However the iOS app only recognizes my old One X as the only console it can interact with. I can't figure out how to get it to recognize / add the series x at all. Any ideas?

edit- actually it started working for "download game to console". How do I get remote play up and running though?

edit 2- ok I see the "consoles" section in the app, and the series x is there. But the old one x is there too and I already removed it from my Microsoft account on their website. Hmmm.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
OH, something to point out if people are troubleshooting display features: Quick Resume may "lock in" a previous display recognition by a game, so if you're changing something at the system level, you may need to manually quit out of the game to have changes recognized. I ran into this with HDR for Ori 2.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone else compared the front buttons on the Series controller with the One controller?

On the Series controller the A B X Y buttons are actually closer together. I felt it immediately. My right thumb covers all four buttons. Great for tighter and more responsive gameplay and for games that require A+B or A+X etc... combo presses.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't check, but are you factoring in the Xbox 360 BC games with Rare Replay? Those are not part of the actual Rare Replay file.
Does it set aside space before you download something? For example MCC is 104 gigs but I only downloaded 1 gig and paused it. So could it have already made the space for it even though I haven't downloaded much of it?

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
I think forza horizon 4 is the best showcase so far. The addition of the pc ultra settings at 60fps is incredible.

Nov 23, 2017
Hey there, I was wondering if someone can answer the following for me:

1. Would Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Xbox games benefit more out of the box by being installed directly in the Xbox Series X or am I better off continuing to use my external hard drive?
2. If I copy a game from the external hard drive to the console solid state drive, would the console recognize the ssd version first and then play that?
3. Is there a list of games that are going to release next gen patches for the Series X somewhere?

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Why can't you preload if you buy the disc? Seems like that should be a next gen feature to preload the files and then use the disc to validate ownership.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
The vast majority of my library are BC games so I set the external drive as the primary install location, but I wish you could choose to default Series X games to the internal. As it currently is, I'm downloading everything to the external and then will have to transfer specific games to the internal.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How do you put the console to sleep instead of turning it off so it can keep downloading stuff? I held down the Xbox button but the only option that came up was to turn off console

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Fixed all the issues I was having and now I'm ready
R1Ntb0p.jpg

tenor.gif

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
you guys have too high standards if you are not amazed, imo

Yakuza runs great in dinamic 4k at 60
Gears looks awesome
Tetris looks great

If anything, the server hitches and some hardware issues are dissapointing but expected on launches
Given how many people are having xbox shutting down issues hardware issues is a understatement. Me, my 3 friends all have the exact same issue and 2 of them live in a different country so it can't be 1 bad batch.