• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I've "turned off" my console a couple times today, only to turn it back on later and see some of the games have had their installations stopped in the interim. This is despite having my system set to instant-on. Is this normal?

Installing/downloading are the same on Xbox. There is no visible 'install'. Once something is downloaded, you can boot it. You don't get downloading then installing/copying.

Ah, that's what I suspected. Thanks for confirming.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, there's no USB-C charging cable in the box. So if I want to use my Play & Charge Kit battery, I use either the PS5 charging cable or one of my mobile phone ones?

Yeah, any USB C cable will work. I bought a load of (cheap!) nice, braided ones that are REALLY LONG from Amazon.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
What do I need to do if i was gamesharing with a friend. he is staying on one X, and I upgraded to series X. Do I need to change his profile to make the series X his home console?

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
Package has been on the delivery truck since 1AM yet never went to 'Out for Delivery'.....and I just saw my FedEx guy drive through my street. Guess I got screwed out of a launch day console...

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck oh mighty. This thing doesn't make a fucking sound. At all. NHL 21 screamed on my One X, but not I can't hear shit when playing this.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone. Thinking of getting an Xbox Series S. I'm looking forward to playing a lot of upcoming games but my current PC is not gonna be able to run them and I thought it would probably be better to simply invest in this console. I've never owned an Xbox (tbf, I'm mostly a Nintendo console owner with the exception of the PS3).
  • Would you recommend I buy the XSS or simply invest in better PC?
  • What kind of games are coming at launch? I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 (probably missing lots, but I can't remember any at the moment).
  • Is there a way to play XSS with keyboard and mouse?

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Playing Gears 5, can't even heard the system on. Crazy.

On another note, is there any way to check if you are running a game in 120fps. I put the Xbox at 120hz, 1080p on the video options (using a ultrawide 1440p 144hz screen, so I know it can at least do the 120hz), but no way to tell if they game is running at 120fps.

Iain

Apr 12, 2018
Anyone else not getting any rumble when playing Dirt 5 on series x???
Thought the pad was faulty but rrumble working on Ori.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I just played with it and seems broken for me. Hdr on and off. Washed out and dark. Went back to One X and all fine.

To be clear, you've check the in game HDR settings? That's what I meant. Mine was the same, went to the HDR settings in game and it had switched back to the shitty Cinematic mode and reset my brightness settings.

brobban

Oct 28, 2017
WTF. I had Tetris effect running in the background and got 10-20 mbps. Force quit and are now at 190 mbps.

Thanks for the tip but that shouldn't be necessary....

Yes it seems that the latest running game gets suspended differently than the earlier ones that goes into quick resume. Problem is that if you've started other apps such as the store, the latest game doesn't stay front and center, which makes it harder to find and close.

Haven't found an easy way of finding which games are actually suspended and which game needs to be closed

Oct 27, 2017
Have you figured out a solution, by chance? The game I wanted to play most was downloaded this morning but is MIA on the External now. I didn't want to have it downloaded "twice"
OK, so I lied. I plugged the external back in to the Series X and everything was there, not sure what I did but the only thing that changed was that Valhalla finished downloading *shrug*

On a different note, Fallout 4 and all of its DLC transferred over in about 12 minutes

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Very positive initial gameplay impressions from me! Watch Dogs Legion looks gorgeous on the Series X with all these reflections and effects. Gears Tactics seems to be a very solid game. I also booted up Darksiders 3 again, a game I had started on Xbox One X. Over there on the old console, I had been pretty annoyed by the loading times which were about a minute. Move the game to the Series X SSD and you get 8 seconds (!) of load time. Amazing.

Also want to point out that the controller feels like a notable improvement. It's been underrated in the console reviews, IMO. The ergonomics are even further improved from the Elite Controller V2, the triggers feel even more precise, the D-Pad is nice. The reduced latency stands out the most, this in combination with so many titles now finally running on 60 fps on Xbox Series X truly gives a new feeling. To use Darksiders 3 again, I had never been quite comfortable with the dodging mechanics so far, often timing them wrongly. On Series X, I always felt in control of what was happening, and to me all these little improvements in addition to the new console's horsepower can really be transforming the experience.

Will post more impressions tomorrow. Still many patches to download for me over night.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I, too, am seeing games stop downloading when the console is "off." I am not liking that.

dl speeds are SO bad right now. I just want to play Forza Horizon!

such a waste updating and transferring it just to wait 3 hours to redownload it again for the new console...

I did the same thing :( No Forza for me today.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody else have a clicking coming from their Series X? You have to get pretty close to it to hear (maybe about 8 inches)... I'm guessing its the fan, but I have it and its a little worrying.
A few people on the Series X sub Reddit have mentioned similar rattling, another post found a screw loose rattling inside their case , I wonder if it's that particular offender hitting the fan ? People even spotted the said screw from a unit tear down unboxing

J Snow

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny 2 opens jarringly fast after years of playing it Xbox One and waiting minutes just to get to the login screen. Wowza! Can't wait for the Series X update next month.

haklong

Oct 27, 2017
The improved latency response from the controller is actually far more apparent than I thought it would be.

May 24, 2019
Is anyone's Xbox Series X messing with their TV? Once in a while I'll go from game to home screen and I'll get static and will have to reset the TV.
I'm thinking the handshaking is breaking somewhere in the console-router-TV chain where HDR is being switched on and off, but it wasn't happening on my 1X, and I'm using the same video settings and cable.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
How is the auto HDR for non-HDR games?
I was sceptical as fuck pre-launch, tried Infinite Warfare and RE6 and thought they were damn good... Need to test more but that's it for day 1.

IW is probably a definitive version of the game right now since it's running in full 4K/60 + HDR.

I am impressed so far with everything this machine offers.

reelbigeddy

Nov 16, 2017
UK
Damn, the Series X sure does kick out some heat. I might rethink where I've positioned it so it gets more breathing room, but really don't have a good space for the big boxy bastard.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
I received my Series X earlier today, along with the Blue Shock controller, and 1TB SSD expansion card.

Have it running to a 77'' CX and a Sonos Arc for Atmos. No issues with the setup. I have my SX standing vertically on my entertainment stand. Very nice looking system, and feels really compact. I'm still downloading SX updates, but I managed to play a bit of Halo 5. Looks like it gets Auto HDR? It looks good, and feels really good with the new controller. Loaded extremely quick too. These SSDs are going to be the best thing to happen to happen in this upcoming gen. T

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a TV with HDMI 2.1, so I can just use any high-speed HDMI cable that I have been using, right? I don't feel like rewiring my AVR with the cable that comes in the box.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
A few people on the Series X sub Reddit have mentioned similar rattling, another post found a screw loose rattling inside their case , I wonder if it's that particular offender hitting the fan ? People even spotted the said screw from a unit tear down unboxing

Picked up my Series X and gave it a good shake. Didn't hear anything, so I don't think its a loose screw. Really seems like its the fan to me, but still a bit worrying to hear on launch day.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I have zero audio control anymore with my two different setups, this is a huge huge step back.

I don't know what the hell happened here.

They stripped out all the Audio Receiver and TV options just to have a simple (enable hdmi cec) option and it doesn't work.

Has anyone posted any type of audio troubleshooting?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I wish my C9 had a specific pop-up whenever 120fps stuff is happening cause I really have problems in differentiating 60fps from 120fps....

And I'm normally super sensitive when it comes to that.

Like I tried out Planet Coaster, started the very first tutorial and it's immediately not 60fps when you zoom in and move around, it's very shuttery.
Or the stuttering fps in every single cutscene of Valhalla.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the Series X sure does kick out some heat. I might rethink where I've positioned it so it gets more breathing room, but really don't have a good space for the big boxy bastard.

Shit, I might have the same issue. Right now there is barely enough room and I was worried about the heat. Problem is I would have to get a whole new entertainment unit.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Crossposting this from the troubleshooting thread...

The 1TB Seagate SSD expansion card I bought is not being recognized by the console. I thought it was automatic? Unplugged it and re-plugged it and nothing. Restarted the console and nothing. Not sure if the expansion card is a dud or something else. Gotta do more troubleshooting....

Anybody else having an issue with the Series X not recognizing fhe SSD expansion card? Or is there something I'm not doing right?

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Anyone having success enabling 120hz refresh rate on an LGB9 tv? The 4ktv details test on the Xbox says my tv supports it, but when I try and choose that option the screen goes black.

Oct 27, 2017
Uh so it's very annoying on my C9. Every time I switch games or start a game or go to dashboard. I get a short black screen or half black half green/red because it's switched hdr on/off + allm kicks in and gives me a toast notification. Every single time, I die everytime because it looks like the TV and/or console crashes
I have the same as will anyone else with the C9 (and CX?). It's so jarring.

I'm so glad the PS5 will not have this issue.