• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
FZCvo9y.jpg

giddy up!!!

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Didn't plan on picking mine up tomorrow for fear of lines/being near other folks but Best Buy is doing curbside pickup, can't wait to play some fuckin' Blinx lol

Stitch AU

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Seems transfering some series X Games from one X to series X is pointless. Just transfered gears 5 and it wants to do a 70gb update, might as well just re download the whole game. I assume other games will be similar.

Just checked forza horizon 4 as well, wants to do a 64gb update.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
This will be the longest night every. And tomorrow the longest. I have to meet UPS outside, they have a knack for just driving by and saying unable to deliver. (fkrs)

I will be walking back and forth outside for 12 hours tomorrow. I got a Ring doorbell by y gate just for this.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Any thoughts on the S in here? I hadn't really considered getting either Xbox console, but now that I've pretty summarily decided to not build a new PC for at least another 2-3 years, I'm kind of tempted to grab an S tonight just as a gamepass/BC machine, as something complementary to my PS5. I have a pretty big OG Xbox library as that's the only system I had as a kid, and I'd love to play through some of those again.

My only hesitation is the 1080p concerns that have been aired in some reviews. IQ is something that does reaaaaally matter to me, for better or worse, and I'm worried that I'll end up just wanting to get an X in a year once exclusives running at native 4K start hitting. Also BC titles not running at max resolution would be a bummer potentially.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Do I need to wipe an external HD if I want to use it to transfer games between the One and the X or could I just plug it in, move the game onto the HD (despite it already having random stuff on it), and then do the same once I get the X tomorrow but in reverse?

romey

Mar 2, 2020
what? i completed it last year, it was fine, much better than any console version at the time. got a very solid 1440p60 on a gtx 1080 with stutter, but about the same as a recent ubisoft game like odyssey.

Nonstop stuttering on my 1070. So I visited Google to find some solutions. And nothing.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
Mine won't be here till tomorrow. I feel a little neutral on it due to games though, I'll probably end up playing some Xbox original games along with the Halo collection the most right now. Not really sure what next gen game is the one to show off the system with but I may pick up the new COD.

I am very very far behind on titles due to waiting to get them on xbox though (Have a ps4 pro) and wanted to get the best versions of games which seems to be on xbox most of the time.

Any other suggestions? Never been a creed fan and I do have a 4K tv at least.

Guess it will be Gears? Actually haven't played one since 3 so I may need to play the others first.

Stitch AU

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Ok so far series X update sizes from copying the one X versions to the internal SSD

Gears 5 - 80gb
Forza Horizon 4 - 64gb
AC Valhalla - 42gb
Sea of thieves - 0gb
Watch dogs Legion - 37gb
Borderlands 3 - 61gb

Looks like it's a day of downloading patches.

Last edited:

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
Mine won't be here till tomorrow. I feel a little neutral on it due to games though, I'll probably end up playing some Xbox original games along with the Halo collection the most right now. Not really sure what next gen game is the one to show off the system with but I may pick up the new COD.

I am very very far behind on titles due to waiting to get them on xbox though (Have a ps4 pro) and wanted to get the best versions of games which seems to be on xbox most of the time.

Any other suggestions? Never been a creed fan and I do have a 4K tv at least.
If you enjoy racing games Forza Horizon 4 is great. Ori if you enjoy platformers.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I put in an impulse order when I saw stock go up briefly online (Australia) last night. Was planning on getting a PS5 but I haven't been able to preorder, so this'll hold me over.

I knew the launch lineup was lacking but it doesn't really hit until you see the displays in store. Literally just Assassin's Creed and Yakuza. Not really in the mood for another 60 hour Ubisoft open world. Yakuza is cool, but far from a next gen showcase. Glad I held onto my OG Xbox and 360 games all these years.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
If you enjoy racing games Forza Horizon 4 is great. Ori if you enjoy platformers.
I haven't played any of those much (a demo) and I like them a lot more than Forza. Are any worth playing besides 4? I'll probably be on game pass anyways and I assume a lot of these games will be there so I guess it won't be too bad.

I am pretty sure I own a ton of 360 digital games as well.

Boppa

Apr 4, 2020
I have picked up my series x and AC Valhalla but I've had to go to work and will also unfortunately be working late tonight, will set it up tonight at around 11PM and download all the stuff I want for tomorrow morning.

Seaman

Oct 30, 2017
Forgive my ignorance, what is Planet Coasters and why is it considered a big deal? Is it any good?

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played any of those much (a demo) and I like them a lot more than Forza. Are any worth playing besides 4? I'll probably be on game pass anyways and I assume a lot of these games will be there so I guess it won't be too bad.

I am pretty sure I own a ton of 360 digital games as well.
Forza Horizon 4 is the only one on game pass. It's also getting a Series X patch which seems really good. The other games have been delisted so you'll have to track down physical copies. They're all excellent games but opinions differ based on how much you enjoy a specific game's map or progression. Try out 4 and see if you want to track down the others.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Ok so I put the disc Valhalla into my Series X and it's downloading 46gb of data. Does that mean big Ubisoft is not putting any data on the actual disc?

Stitch AU

Oct 29, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Ok so I put the disc Valhalla into my Series X and it's downloading 46gb of data. Does that mean big Ubisoft is not putting any data on the actual disc?

I copied the one X version to the internal SSD and it wants to do a 42gb update for the game. I assume all series X patches must be downloaded and none of it is on disc. And so far other than sea of thieves it seems to want to download nearly the entire game

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
Do I need to wipe an external HD if I want to use it to transfer games between the One and the X or could I just plug it in, move the game onto the HD (despite it already having random stuff on it), and then do the same once I get the X tomorrow but in reverse?

The Xbox file system is a custom format, it'll reformat your external drive if you try to connect it for storing games.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Does anyone know if you can have say a One X and a Series X both as your primary console?

I know you could in prior generations but it's getting a bit more consolidated now I guess.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Forgive my ignorance, what is Planet Coasters and why is it considered a big deal? Is it any good?
Its a zany Japanese puzzle-lite game, like Katamari, where the world is full of these hot mugs and cool glasses of soda, water, etc. And you have to strategically place coasters everywhere to keep the planet's surface from getting damaged.

DasRavenEra

Oct 27, 2017
RDU
If any lucky early deliveries want to help a gamer out, post a video of Samurai Shodown's loading times.
They are horrendous on X1X even on an SSD and I'm hopeful for significant improvement even before the XSX patch comes out.

Pandaforce

Oct 28, 2017
Just got my Series S today. 800mb day 1 system update, followed by another update for the controller. Even knowing it was going to be small, seeing how small it is in person was still surprising.

Ether

Oct 28, 2017
One of the biggest things I noticed immediately was the improved controller latency,. Playing Halo 5, I felt there was greater response on the controller where everything had a snappier feel to it. I'm sure I'll have my mind blown when I get to play some X optimized games, but it's funny that's the first thing I noticed.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
One of the biggest things I noticed immediately was the improved controller latency,. Playing Halo 5, I felt there was greater response on the controller where everything had a snappier feel to it. I'm sure I'll have my mind blown when I get to play some X optimized games, but it's funny that's the first thing I noticed.
How does H5 look with the better texture filtering? Does it look as good as the PC version on highest settings?

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star

Sucks the old controllers don't get that update until next year. Not sure if I'm going to switch to the new controller or continue with my Elite.