• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
The remake will have all 400 of swsh Pokemon and more. They already have animation and model for these 400 Pokemon , why they will cut then for sinnoh remakes
Because then when they cut them all again for Gen 9 people will be even angrier. It makes sense for them to just keep the number around 400 forever now so that expectations are consistent.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought I read there were 600+..

But really, not even Bulbasuar and Squirtle made it? CHILE. They didn't get THANOS''D, they got GAMEFREAK'D

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
What an absolute shitshow. Where is latios, dragonite, salamance, garchomp? All my favourite dragons are out...

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Thought I read there were 600+..

But really, not even Bulbasuar and Squirtle made it? CHILE. They didn't get THANOS''D, they got GAMEFREAK'D
4363.jpg

I have some more bad news for you, you may want to sit down

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It feels like the death of a franchise many of us have loved since childhood, the very soul of it has been stripped out likely as a business decision. It's hard not to be a little bit upset about that, even if it is just a game.
I mean, I get it. I've played Pokémon since they came out 20+ years ago. But I just don't understand acting like this is the death of the franchise just because those 20 year old monsters aren't in a brand new game. The draw of a new Pokémon game has always been the fact that new Pokémon come with them. Black and White are the best Pokémon games and they did the same thing that Sword and Shield are doing. Saying the series is dying makes no sense.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
We need something like the Endgame Marvel Intro that had cut characters but for the Pokemon Rap:

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I mean, I get it. I've played Pokémon since they came out 20+ years ago. But I just don't understand acting like this is the death of the franchise just because those 20 year old monsters aren't in a brand new game. The draw of a new Pokémon game has always been the fact that new Pokémon come with them. Black and White are the best Pokémon games and they did the same thing that Sword and Shield are doing. Saying the series is dying makes no sense.
They did not do the same thing

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
black and white had one key difference - it still HAD all the pokemon in it and just locked access to them with postgame completion

it didn't tie their continued existence to a cloud service either

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Another one that still doesn't understand what the dex cut is. Holy shit, lmao.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but FUCK these games. I was preparing to lose around 200 or so Pokemon.

But 500+ are absent, including all starters other than Charmander? This is indefensible.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, at least I got plenty of dark/fairy/ghost types to pick from and my boi Impdapimp but it shouldn't be hard to see why people who grew up with this series would feel upset to have their favorites whacked. I thought people were being dramatic before but cutting over half the dex, including favorites like fucking Squirtle and Bulbasaur, is way worse than I imagined.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how heavily they were pushing Lycanroc last gen only to flush it down the toilet immediately after, heh.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I thought a few leakers have confirmed that, once you fill the initial 400-odd Galar pokedex, you get the extended dex with 600-something slots.

I've just been scanning the reddit Sw/Sh leak because everything is fairly contained there, but that's been brought up a lot.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
Because "new features"
Because then when they cut them all again for Gen 9 people will be even angrier. It makes sense for them to just keep the number around 400 forever now so that expectations are consistent.
You are mistaking regional Dex for National Dex. These 400 Pokemon may not be in sinnoh regional Dex , but they will definitely be in national Dex with a 100 more Pokemon. The next cut will happen in gen 9 or 10 or whenever they have to make new animations/models etc

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
The one thing that has the cut in its favor I will say is spicing up competitive play. Looking at what's available it's looking super interesting compared to the last three or so gens I'd say.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Half of the pokemon playable in Smash aren't in the game, We get Pikachu, Pichu, Lucario and Charizard (Of Course) but Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Greninja, Incineroar and Mewtwo is gone.

Heck, even Mewtwo not being there is a shocker. I'm waiting to see if the Datamine confirms him because I'm certain he is in, otherwise. Wow, that's going to be the big one a lot of people will complain about.

I'm personally shocked the starters got mostly axed. Literally only Charizard (And Pikachu/Eevee I guess). As someone who started on Pokemon Blue and went with Blastoise? It's a grim mark for me.

As for personal favourites. My all time favourites of Milotic and Roserade got confirmed early on so I wasn't worried about them. Mawile got back but without it's Mega it won't be the same. Scizor and Absol are just straight missing, and the one pokemon I've been wanting all year to put into a team didn't happen.

H87nimE.png

The new pokemon do look all good, but I don't think it makes up for over half of the dex being gone. Please tell me there's more to reveal in datamines or something.

Last edited:

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Wow, no Allakhazam? RIP my favorite Pokemon.

I really wish Game Freak would have announced that they would add the rest, just over time. I.e. they'd add say, 5 a month.

This is especially dumb because they didn't cover all of the Pokemon in Pokemon Go, which you'd think they would because they want both games to encourage play in the other. Even no Meltan is supremely dumb.

I really wish this game was getting a DLC chapter or something covering most of the rest of these Pokemon.

Also, say what you want about the original 151 but they should all be importable into Sword/Shield, else what is the point of Pokemon home.

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States
Half of the pokemon playable in Smash aren't in the game, We get Pikachu, Pichu, Lucario and Charizard (Of Course) but Squirtle, Ivysaur, Greninja, Incineroar and Mewtwo is gone.

Heck, even Mewtwo not being there is a shocker. I'm waiting to see if the Datamine confirms him because I'm certain he is in, otherwise. Wow, that's going to be the big one a lot of people will complain about.

I'm personally shocked the starters got mostly axed. Literally only Charizard (And Pikachu/Eevee I guess). As someone who started on Pokemon Blue and went with Blastoise? It's a grim mark for me.

As for personal favourites. My all time favourites of Milotic and Roserade got confirmed early on so I wasn't worried about them. Mawile got back but without it's Mega it won't be the same. Scizor and Absol are just straight missing, and the one pokemon I've been wanting all year to put into a team didn't happen.

H87nimE.png

The new pokemon do look all good, but I don't think it makes up for over half of the dex being gone. Please tell me there's more to reveal in datamines or something.

I just can't believe that Shinx isn't in yet another regional dex.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Half of the pokemon playable in Smash aren't in the game, We get Pikachu, Pichu, Lucario and Charizard (Of Course) but Squirtle, Ivysaur, Greninja, Incineroar and Mewtwo is gone.

H87nimE.png

Dude I'm sorry you love Luxray, GF fucking hates it lol.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
No Dragonite, Mewtwo, Alakazam, Aggron, Metagross, Darkrai, Salamence....

I just can't believe 500+ are gone. This fucking sucks.

Ohmori - "It will be no small feat to complete the Galar Pokedex".

Less Pokemon than Gen 4 and even X/Y. Laughable.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Eh?
No a bunch of people just play [pokemon to pick the ones they like and that's it

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Not sure what people were expecting. They weren't going to risk pissing off the fans to cut 50 or 100. At that point they'd just do the extra work. This was done to significantly cut the workload.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
Okay, now I understand fully that the post-game dex expansion was fake. But do we know for certain (via datamining or whatever) that a Pokemon not being one of the 400 in the dex actually means that they can't be transferred in (sans Pokedex entry)?

Maybe I'm still too eager to believe that Game Freak wasn't SO injudicuous as to fully remove over 500 Pokemon from the game. But it also seems to me that we can't know, at this stage, which Pokemon are simply not in the dex and which aren't programmed in.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Game Freak: We are cutting a lot of Pokemon.

Fans: Well I'm sure it won't be that many.

Game Freak: Cuts a lot of Pokemon.

Fans:
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Okay, now I understand fully that the post-game dex expansion was fake. But do we know for certain (via datamining or whatever) that a Pokemon not being one of the 400 in the dex actually means that they can't be transferred in (sans Pokedex entry)?

Maybe I'm still too eager to believe that Game Freak wasn't SO injudicuous as to fully remove over 500 Pokemon from the game. But it also seems to me that we can't know, at this stage, which Pokemon are simply not in the dex and which aren't programmed in.
They've directly stated this was the case and given us no reason to assume otherwise. There's probably a few mythicals that aren't part of the 400 set, but that's likely it.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Meltan and Melmetal will probably get to be in the game- we've got these details from someone who's playing through the game, and the nature of Mythical Pokémon that you can't get them during normal gameplay.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
This is so much worse than I ever imagined it would be. They couldn't even include the other two Gen 1 starters.
What a disaster, it's worse than I could ever imagine. I never expected they'd cut some of the most iconic pokemon like Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

I think this is worse than anyone could have imagined. I was prepared for 200-300 missing.

500+ is insane. There is no defending this, especially when all 800+ models were already in the previous game on inferior hardware.