• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Tace

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Rick-Dalton-Pointing-Is-a-New-Meme-Because-Thats-Where-We-Are-1200x672.jpg

(When I saw Zoro Sr. In the flashback)

Gotta love it whenever Usopp bullshits. So simple, yet so classic. Looks like everyone will be heading towards the performance floor whether they like it or not. Just in time to see Zoro and Sanji take the W

Yamato vs Kaido fight hype! Yamato backstory hype! A lot to unpack there for everyone's favorite son. Kaido being a shit was no surprise, but to learn Yamato has Supreme King haki and has had it for awhile…he just keeps getting better and better

And then this samurai….hmmmm. Idk why but he looks familiar. Now we're getting Zoro importance in flashbacks that aren't even his. No way those samurai died, I bet we will see them in a future arc. Can't wait to see Yamato and Zoro talk now

When will we see papa Zoro again? Find out on the next piece of One Piece!
Wait, since when is Thor winnning by that much in the poll?
Thor 2: The Dark World is a masterpiece of modern cinema

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
One of the samurai in the cave (the fat one with the face paint) was shown off in Yamato's vivre card as a rejected concept design

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Main chapter was very good - and I would agree that Yamato calling himself the son of Kaido should really put it to bed - but the Shokugeki no Sanji was baaaaaaaaaad. I'm reminded of just how fucked up the way the New Kama were treated.

Oct 26, 2017
YAMATO FLASHBACK INCOMING!!

Yamato, a confirmed CoC user?? And God Usopp CoC foreshadowing??
sDjwxFz.gif

OH YES!

It seems like all the SHs are heading to the performance floor now.

Yamato is tiny as a child. So, it looks like the anime fucked up with the height in that brief cameo. lol What else is new?

It ain't a coincidence that "So-and-so" looks a lot freaking Zoro. Could that be Shimotsuki Ushimaru?? Or a red herring from Oda?

I like that the "samurai never hunger" thing came back in a nice way/.

Kaido is really becoming one of my favorite antagonists in the story. He's evil with a few dashes of compassion and hidden depths that need to be explored.

Oct 26, 2017
Great chapter. All the battling is headed to the performance floor so we're definitely approaching the climax of the fight. I actually wonder if Kaido is gonna wind up down there when defeated or somewhere at least visible to a lot of people.

Yamato's flashback was cool (notably less sad then others but still awesome). I love how he can't believe that Kaido could be such a dick to kill him lmao. Something definitely turned Kaido into a monster before his son's time. Perhaps he had a wife that died? There was that old theory of Kaido having a family that was killed sometime in the past leading him to be suicidal. Regardless Yamato had Supreme king haki as a kid which is crazy.

I didn't recognize those 3 samurai but apparently one of them is Ushimaru, the dude who managed to escape and found the island Zoro was raised on? People are saying he could be Zoro's dad? And possibly Green Bull?? That would be crazy. I don't know the names of the other two but regardless them giving up their food for Yamato's sake reminded me of the Minks laying down their lives for the ninja. Ibreally love these surprise acts of sacrifice people you'd assume would do the lowest thing pull off.

And now back to the present where Yamato is holding off Kaido longer than anyone else. We pretty much have hard confirmation now that he's using the same advanced conqueror technique Luffy just learned in this fight as well which puts in a really powerful place. If he joins, he'd essentially be Oden in terms of a late stage crewmate who can trash damn near anyone else.

That being said Kaido definitely isn't done for yet. We still need a backstory out of him. And he doesn't quite have his back against the wall yet.

Kaido's legs still crack me up lol
Lmao they're so unfitting

Oct 26, 2017
The second page of Shokugeki no Sanji had be worried, but the rest of the chapter is probably a better handling of Kamabakka Queendom than in the original manga and surprisingly less problematic.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
When it comes to CoC i 50\50 when it comes to Ussop .
I know Oda like his gags and say fuck you to power scaling when he ready .
Still him having it would no longer make him the weakest or the most normal crew member and Oda has stick to that over the years .
Chapter was fun .

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Usopp's had CoC this entire time

he just never had a reason to show it off. God Usopp is merciful to his foes

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
So the flashback this chapter seems primed for Yamato to tell Zoro about it and that's how he learns about his heritage, but right now I can't see what that leads to, especially if my theory that Zoro will be out next arc from the healing medicine backlash

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
For real, if Kaido is really not holding back, Yamato lasts longer in an 1v1 against Kaido than anyone else before did

Might seem to way because we see them clash a lot but can't be certain because of how it was done with luffy .
We see them clash and then Oda skip forward a whole bunch time while this fight more in real time .

Kado

Feb 11, 2021
Yamato is tiny as a child. So, it looks like the anime fucked up with the height in that brief cameo. lol What else is new?

Kaido and the Wano samurai are just that freaking tall lol. Yamato is easily six-seven feet tall as a kid when compared to the beast pirates chaining him up in the cave. Here's Kaido holding Momo (a normal sized child) at the same age for comparison:

Eai5-Mcl-Wk-AEZKg0.jpg

So the flashback this chapter seems primed for Yamato to tell Zoro about it and that's how he learns about his heritage, but right now I can't see what that leads to, especially if my theory that Zoro will be out next arc from the healing medicine backlash

It'll probably be the lead-in to Zoro visiting Ryuma's grave. That has to happen before the arc is over, and it will be in Ringo. Yamato will most likely be the one putting it on blast for us lol.

Oct 25, 2017
All this candy flurry and red hood cancel talk. We safe over here elusive samurai. Also read elusive.
Also also usopp do something else plz

I mean Zoro has no memories of his family, guy was a 1 year old or younger why the hell would he really remember or care to such a degree.

Not saying Zoro won't care to know about his dad but its not some earth shattering revelation or bringing up dark scars of his past like Sanji, Zoro gets to learn more where he cam e from and that will just be it be a nice bit of trivia to him and move on.

People forget that Zoro and Luffy are alot alike, Zoro can be just as dumb and insightful as Luffy.

Zoro has his true family with the Strawhats, Koushiro and Kunia.

Mifec

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
The most Zoro will do is think of his Ryuma fight on Thriller Bark and find it funny how he is actually related to him.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Good chapter and another example of Yamato showing that he views his gender identity as separate from his identity as Oden which I expect a large part of the fanbase to ignore. Man, the Straw Hats really added some serious power to their crew this arc between Jinbe and Yamato.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Zoro has no memories of his family, guy was a 1 year old or younger why the hell would he really remember or care to such a degree.

Not saying Zoro won't care to know about his dad but its not some earth shattering revelation or bringing up dark scars of his past like Sanji, Zoro gets to learn more where he cam e from and that will just be it be a nice bit of trivia to him and move on.

People forget that Zoro and Luffy are alot alike, Zoro can be just as dumb and insightful as Luffy.

Zoro has his true family with the Strawhats, Koushiro and Kunia.

Mifec

Ye if Oda ever does anything or any flashbacks it's gonna be for us and not for char dev. Zoro is gonna stay who he is and act like he does to get closer to his goal. Seeing a sob story of how he whoever brought him to the dojo did it won't change him. That's why I think even if someone gives him a huge lore dump he's just gonna shrug it off. Like you said the SHs are his fam. idk when Oda would even slot it it, in a prologue here in Wano?