• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I remember grand wondering whether Kinemon or Kiku would end up dying due to death flags

whynotboth.gif
Yeah, characters need to stop setting off classic Samurai story tropes. It has not gone well for them lol

Kiku & Kin are pretty fucked. The "leader trying to go alone" and "somebody who failed at their task & is now trying to make up for it/get revenge" are pretty big death flags in samurai stories. My guess is that Kin is the more likely character to die/get badly hurt since Kiku has already been injured.

Shinobi stating the Kin has already contacted them is also a bad sign since Kanjuro is definitely going to use a fake Kin to trick them. There's also a good chance the message was from Kanjuro as we don't see Kin contact Shinobi (or even have anyway to do so). That said, Momo's ability to hear voices might allow him to detect the fake though (since a drawing shouldn't have "a voice")

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
robink2klm.png

robin is fighting :O, and it looks like she has some bruises.
This'll be the last time we see Robin during their fight.

Oct 12, 2020
Options to save Luffy:

- Law's submarine (most logical answer right now)

- Sea Kings (would explain Momo's throbbing pain, but do they even exist in Wano's waters?)

- Zunesha

- Wano octopus
There is also the Mountain King. It would make sense, that Momo can hear him only now, since he hasn't been to the captial in a long time. The Mountain King is strong, fast enough to reach and smell Luffy.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I also thought about Momo being Joyboy but he was already alive when Roger found out about joyboy and I guess what it means to be him? since kaido seems to know it.

I got the impression the seakings also meant that both rulers are not yet born

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also thought about Momo being Joyboy but he was already alive when Roger found out about joyboy and I guess what it means to be him? since kaido seems to know it.

I got the impression the seakings also meant that both rulers are not yet born

I guess it's not impossible they didn't necessarily mean both rulers had yet to be born, but just Shirahoshi

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Kaido has to be stopped by someone, or else he will probably take out every Scabbard and some other people.

The only people that could stall him for a little bit are probably Yamato (who is currently on the third floor, where Inu and Jack are fighting), Big Mom (doubtful that she will interfere), and Marco (busy with King). And Sanji is also quite busy. Perhaps Law? No one seems to be in a position to stop him.

Only Big Mom would be able to really keep him busy until then but she is still his ally, even though she took out P1 and Ulti.

I really don't know where this is going lol

grand

Oct 25, 2017
What if Momo is Joyboy?
I really like this theory because it not only fits what we've heard from Momo but it also removes the pre-destined crap from Luffy's character. And Momo would've been an adult now & could've led Shirahoshi if it wasn't for the time travel shenanigans. It would also give a better explanation for why Toki split up her children besides "to ensure the bloodline", which never seemed like something Oden or Toki would care about.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
We also have to think about whether Luffy would care about this whole Joy Boy thing. Joy boy could also be a collective and not an individual.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Kaido goes on a rampage ko'ing all the retainers again, as if he was fixing the timeline.

"Now stay down!!! *thump*"

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Holy fuck - for me, this was the best chapter of Wano so far easily. High drama and really well done. Maybe the first time I've really ever cared about the scabbards?

If Kinemon is alive after this, (come on Oda) I will be pissed.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We also have to think about whether Luffy would care about this whole Joy Boy thing. Joy boy could also be a collective and not an individual.
yeah actually a good call.

also I never thought about it but Toki leaping Momo forward cause she also sees Joyboy in him would be interesting.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Why is Yamato causing a stir now?

He's been around for a while.

It is not because a popular hentai artist on twitter posted art of him and some people got horrified with the idea that they rubbed one out to a trans-man, is it? Because I find that possibility hilarious.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Twitter showing its ass again... I mean even Kaido has respect for correct pronouns.
How hard is it just to respect trans characters.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Rouk' what's going on bro. It feels like anything with a solid anime these days suddenly translates into crazy backlog sales.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Luffy cares about, in no particular order:

1) Becoming King of the Pirates, whatever that means
2) His crew/friends
3) Meat

Ancient prophecies are not on the list, sooo

Oct 12, 2020
Luffy is already drowning though
Animals can still smell the scent in the air, that's how the parent smelled the location of its youngling. Also it is as big a mountain and can probably swim, so it could still locate and reach Luffy.
Not saying, it is the likely option, but still an option. It would also explain, who Momo is sensing just now, since it is the only large mystical animal in reach.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Yamato causing a stir now?

He's been around for a while.

It is not because a popular hentai artist on twitter posted art of him and some people got horrified with the idea that they rubbed one out to a trans-man, is it? Because I find that possibility hilarious.

I mean I think thats more or less the gist of it xD

Their little dicks cannot handle the fact that they find a man hot, so they'll cling to any excuse to think otherwise.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this chapter already helps even if it is still Luffy, by making this Joy Boy stuff feel like more of a title than anything, idk
That'll work too but the Oden flashback pushed pretty heavily that there was a second prophesized hero alongside Shirahoshi. It would be great if they turned out to be unrelated to Luffy

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
This chapter is the first time that the official translation directly used the masculine pronoun 'he' when referring to Yamato I believe....unless I forgot one.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
People can't handle that Yamato doesn't confirm with the gender stereotypes that they grew up with. Kiku looks like a woman and identifies as a woman, so they can accept that. But Yamato looks like a woman but identifies as a man, which their fragile egos can't handle. Hence the twisted arguments about how identifying as a man somehow has nothing to do with gender identity.

Oct 26, 2017
Still hoping that Oda doesn't drop the ball with Yamato.

This chapter is the first time that the official translation directly used the masculine pronoun 'he' when referring to Yamato I believe....unless I forgot one.

It's been used a few times with Luffy and some other characters. I remember Luffy specifically said "He" when introducing Yamato to Momo.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
People can't handle that Yamato doesn't confirm with the gender stereotypes that they grew up with. Kiku looks like a woman and identifies as a woman, so they can accept that. But Yamato looks like a woman but identifies as a man, which their fragile egos can't handle. Hence the twisted arguments about how identifying as a man somehow has nothing to do with gender identity.
Somebody needs to send these people back to second grade language classes because clearly they learned how to read words, but they never learned how to actually process them

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
We still gonna be going through this in five years when Yamato is either part of the crew or at least a major ally like Law and all the official material is still referring to him as a man?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck - for me, this was the best chapter of Wano so far easily. High drama and really well done. Maybe the first time I've really ever cared about the scabbards?

If Kinemon is alive after this, (come on Oda) I will be pissed.

He most likely still alive since he block even if he near death .
Don't see Oda killing him without giving him some last words .

That'll work too but the Oden flashback pushed pretty heavily that there was a second prophesized hero alongside Shirahoshi. It would be great if they turned out to be unrelated to Luffy

To me this line mean it could now work either way even with the Oden flash back .

Status
Not open for further replies.