• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
6MFotlB.gif

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I usually try not to watch trailers for must see movies like this one as I like to go in as blind as possible but I still like to read the positive impressions.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to wait for assurances that this doesn't go where I think it's going.
If they don't arrive, then neither do I.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It looks pretty great. Now to see how they handle the murders because that's the only part that I'm still iffy on.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't be more here for this. I'm in a QT mood after rewatching Django with my gf.. and I have always been a buff of that weird 1969 Tate/Manson/Hollywood era.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer looks great and the fake posters are amazing. Can't wait for first reactions coming in the next few hours.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I definitely think this will be another alternate history. The murders will not go down like real life. The rest of the film seems to have too many allusions to the way movies sanitize reality. I guess there's a slight chance the murders are a dark counterpoint to the rest of it but I am doubtful.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
The only real question left was whether or not Tarantino would dramatise it and it looks like he's going to do a lot more than that.

Which is disgusting.

Sharon Tate sister seems ok with it, we'll see :

Debra Tate says that Tarantino explained the plot to put her mind at ease. She says, "This movie is not what people would expect it to be when you combine the Tarantino and Manson names."

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks sooo good!

And today the movie will be screened for the first time ever in Cannes

I dont know the time

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I don't know why people thought it wouldn't. You don't put your main characters living next door to Sharon Tate in 1969 and not have her murder feature prominently.

The only real question left was whether or not Tarantino would dramatise it and it looks like he's going to do a lot more than that.

Which is disgusting.

I don't think he is going to dramatize it. I think it will happen off-screen, and it be will be a big plot point which leads Leo + Brad to team up to kill cultists and eventually Manson. Basically, Inglorious Bastards except subbing Manson + Cultists for Nazis.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe the alternate history thing. Doesn't have the same shock (most people know hitler didn't die in a theater).

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also, we must prepare oulselves to see the reactions later today

Im thinking that will be very positive

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like another winner, not that I'd expect anything less from Quentin.

Debra Tate says that Tarantino explained the plot to put her mind at ease. She says, "This movie is not what people would expect it to be when you combine the Tarantino and Manson names."
That sounds promising.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I hope this is true. Tarantino isn't exactly known for subtlety or tasteful handling of delicate issues (like a big black man getting raped), so the last thing anyone wants to see is Tarantino Tarantinoing Charles Manson. That would just glorify the guy, like that recent Ted Bundy movie with Zac Efron.

I don't think he is going to dramatize it. I think it will happen off-screen, and it be will be a big plot point which leads Leo + Brad to team up to kill cultists and eventually Manson. Basically, Inglorious Bastards except subbing Manson + Cultists for Nazis.

That would be even worse than playing it straight. You can't just turn a real life brutal murder into a glorified revenge flick. That's not just tasteless, that's insulting.

"Oh a woman that lived next door to me got murdered by psychos so let us, two men, go avenge her by carving a bloody bath to Charles Manson."

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I liked the first trailer more, but the footage itself is looking good. Probably my most anticipated movie left this year, certainly among non-franchise films.
Also, we must prepare oulselves to see the reactions later today

Im thinking that will be very positive
I remember Inglourious Basterds getting some strangely negative reviews out of Cannes before general critics and audiences received it well. Not sure what that was about.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Alternate history? Is Sharon Tate going to single-handedly take down the Mason family? Was she Beatrix Kiddo's mother? Is this a lowkey prequel to Kill Bill?

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I remember Inglourious Basterds getting some strangely negative reviews out of Cannes before general critics and audiences received it well. Not sure what that was about.
Oh,yes! I remember that, but it was the minority if im not mistaken

People said that it lacked the "tarantino pace", if i remember correctly. Is one of my favorite movies o all time

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like this might make like Inglourious Basterds and completely ignore reality, after leaning Kung-Fu from Bruce Lee Sharon Tate instead this time goes full bride and brutally kills all the cultists.

That'd be great. Cause if this is going to be full on Tarantino torture for the murders it's going to be ROUGH.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
It looks great and Hollywood is going to love this movie. It's got Oscar bait written all over it.

Oct 25, 2017
Newcastle, UK
is he really gonna stop at 10 movies?

please don't :(
He wrote a Star Trek script, so I doubt he'll ever stop writing even if he never writes & directs an 11th movie. And he's talked about doing TV mini-series. But I don't think he'll strictly stick to that "10 movie" rule. If he gets an idea, he's not going to not do it; it's just an easy thing to say 10 years before you actually have to try committing to it.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is this movie about? I thought it was supposed to be about the Charles Manson murders.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
REALLY not looking forward to THAT scene, assuming it plays out as it did in reality that is. I could see Tarantino turning this into another vaguely alternate history take on the actual event though, he already did so in IB.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhh it looks so good. They're really holding back on the violence in the marketing so you just know some crazy shit is going to go down that Tarantino doesn't want spoiled.