• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

Fox News:
tenor_1_2.gif

Kientin

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Seems every president likes golfing.

Trying to wrap my head around why. Golfing sucks.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fox News already saying Biden is the laziest President without a hint of irony.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
1 month after becoming president to go play Mario Kart vs 3 months to go golfing.

Video games ftw

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

You don't have a ton of participatory sport options as a septuagenarian VIP. Hell, you don't have a ton of options as a younger one either. No one wants the President to get a concussion taking a hard elbow in a pick up game.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a reason every President seems to love golfing? Are they required to go golfing for meetings or whatever?

I think people like golf because it's a sport that allows for a lot of talking, so you can sort of hang out with your friends/business associates/whatever, and chat about shit, while doing a sport that's not that strenuous.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
You don't have a ton of participatory sport options as a septuagenarian VIP. Hell, you don't have a ton of options as a younger one either. No one wants the President to get a concussion taking a hard elbow in a pick up game.
I want to see him have a cabinet meeting while curling. Let's see how well Kamala throws the rock

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Is there a reason every President seems to love golfing? Are they required to go golfing for meetings or whatever?

Golf is seen as a male bonding sport by a lot of older guys (I have family members who LOVE it). I get it, it's laid back and doesn't need to be too competitive, kind of like bowling, but it's outside so you still feel like you're playing a sport. Plus it's slow enough that you could still have conversations with the people you're playing with, so your focus isn't always on the game

I'm not a fan, but considering most presidents and politicians in general are old men who probably want some kind of physical activity to take part in, I get why most of them do it

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019

Sports like golf and bowling are amazing for lifelong play. Biden's not gonna go out and play indoor soccer or something. Some people just love to play sports and when you're in your 70s, grab a bag of clubs and head to the course.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I never got this obsession with putting a magnifying glass over the president when they go golfing. This goes for Trump, Obama, Biden, Clinton, Bush. Who cares? Being president is... Pretty stressful. I'd imagine golf relieves some of that...