• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which track are you most excited about?

• Superman

Votes: 108 50.0%
  • Superman

Votes: 36 16.7%
  • Superman

Votes: 52 24.1%
  • Superman

Votes: 20 9.3%

• Total voters

learning

Jan 4, 2019
I think THPS2 may be my favorite soundtrack in any game. I would even say that includes games with original soundtracks.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so the losses are:

1. villified
2. screamer
3. nothing to me
4. cyco vision
5. committed
- all the pal/dreamcast tracks from thps 1
6. bring the noise
7. b-boy document '99
8. out with the old

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Was the soundtrack on the N64 version of THPS1 different? I've never heard two of the cut songs before.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
No cigar was my jam on this game. I think you had to restart a level to make sure it started with a specific song and it was random? I remember restarting levels over until I got No cigar. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I absolutely remember re-starting levels when a song came on I didn't like.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Looks solid. Kind of bums me out they couldn't get Bring Tha Noize, that track slaps. However, I'm happy with the choices we got.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Police Truck being in that trailer kinda shook me into thinking, "Fuck, they might actually pull this off."

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It should only be the first two minutes of each one with a fade out at the end.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Not suprised that Cyco Vision is missing. Suicidal Tendencies rarely appears on game soundtracks. Bring the Noise missing is bit surprising since it was on THPS HD but it might have something to do with Flavor Flav being kicked out of Public Enemy.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They did a good job. That's much more complete than we could have reasonably expected.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Music licensing is such a muddy quagmire that I'm impressed they've managed to keep a good 75% of the original two game's music.

It probably helps that all of these artists except The Ernies are still releasing music and/or touring. After a bit of Googling, it seems most of them are still on the same labels too. I know Lagwagon and Bad Religion are.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Listening to Goldfinger, Powerman 5000 and Papa Roach while thinking about how RE3 , FF7 and Tony Hawk are "new" games this year..... I'm not sure how to handle 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
Cyco Vision is one of the most memorable in the game.... that I completely forgot about until i read its name just now.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not heard of any of these tracks lol. I'm just here because this is the closest I'll get to Disney Extreme Skatepark in 2020.

dyelawn91

Jan 16, 2018
Hopefully this gets more people into Lagwagon. I discovered them through THPS2 and they are now my favourite band. Still going strong and just put out a phenomenal album last year:
I wasn't expecting much after being pretty disappointed by Hang, but Railer absolutely rules. Can't even think about the album without having Bubble lodged in my head for the rest of the day.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a date for the demo? Since I can't get the collectors edition might as well preorder the digital

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Having most of the songs in a Spotify playlist has made it easier than ever to finally make a complete THPS 1 and 2 playlist that has all the actual songs instead of replacing some of them with remixes. I just now found all 3 missing THPS2 songs to put in the playlist.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wasn't expecting much after being pretty disappointed by Hang, but Railer absolutely rules. Can't even think about the album without having Bubble lodged in my head for the rest of the day.

I really liked Hang but it was definitely a bit of a departure. Railer is just classic Lagwagon. If there was a new THPS, Bubble would fit in perfectly.

Oct 25, 2017
The Giantbombcast was asking how superman became the flag song of the franchise, hearing it all together again its obvious why

SunBro

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Subculture is nowhere near the amazing song it is. It's just a abomination of a remix. Fffffuuu.......... one of may fav. songs. Oh well at least we have ratm.

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
Superman is such a good, fun song. I'm glad the original THPS introduced me to it because I don't know where I'd be exposed to it otherwise.

Mattersnotnow

Jan 15, 2018
Man, this shit was character building
Bad Religion and Millencolin were my favourite music for a big part of my life.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It has to start somewhere, it has to start somehow
What better place then here? What better place then now?

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Tomorrow is May 16th, and ITS JUST ANOTHER SATURDAY.

I'll be sure to post it like I do every year on Facebook and like every one of my friends posts that do it too tomorrow <3

Joey Cape of Lagwagon is doing a charity acoustic stream on StageIt in honour of Lagwagon day (May 16th)!

He has a fantastic solo catalogue and did a show of those songs a few weeks ago, but this one is all Lagwagon.

www.stageit.com

StageIt | A front row seat to a backstage experience.™

StageIt is an online venue for LIVE and interactive virtual concerts providing fans with a front row seat to a backstage experience.™

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
No cigar was my jam on this game. I think you had to restart a level to make sure it started with a specific song and it was random? I remember restarting levels over until I got No cigar. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

my buddy (who actually owned the game) and I made sure "Blood Brothers" played when we started Hangar. In my mind the level and that song are inextricably linked.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I'm holding out hope that they will add in some modern punk music. For one thing it will be a million times cheaper to license and secondly the thing that makes the thps soundtracks great is that a lot of people were introduced to these song through thps, like how guitar hero did the same thing.

Maybe I just really want the sonder bombs, dogleg, prince daddy and the hyena, and real friends to be in a game and a skateboarding game is the only way it's ever going to happen lol.