• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Seriously, this game will be fucking awesome.

I don't even remember the last time I played online FPS, none of them was for me after BF4.

Now a Next Gen and modern BF game comes, that's enough for me for years. 🙏🏼

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Seriously, this game will be fucking awesome.

I don't even remember the last time I played online FPS, none of them was for me after BF4.

Now a Next Gen and modern BF game comes, that's enough for me for years. 🙏🏼

Exactly the same for me. I had a blast with BF4 at PS4 launch and the months after. REALLY hoping this new BF is something along the lines of 4.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Just announce the game already. The next thing we are going to get is the announcement, at which point they are going to announce the game.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Watching old B3 trailers, game still looks amazing. Super pumped for this after the last 2 games being set in ww1 and ww2.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I'm thinking May 7th for the announcement, to keep the hype going into the quarterly report. But I'd like to see it earlier.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020

We had new modes with every new BF. They always were pushed but ultimately abandoned by players despite being actually not that bad.
I remember BF4 having a small scale Search and Destroy like round based mode.
But you never had any servers running this mode unfortunatelly...

I think the playerbase of BF isnt that interested in the game modes itself. I think they rather want to shoot anything that moves and grind for new unlocks.
Nothing wrong about that but in a match with 32 players on your team maybe 7-10 actually PTFO.
I wish they forced players to play more objective oriented.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
We had new modes with every new BF. They always were pushed but ultimately abandoned by players despite being actually not that bad.
I remember BF4 having a small scale Search and Destroy like round based mode.
But you never had any servers running this mode unfortunatelly...

I think the playerbase of BF isnt that interested in the game modes itself. I think they rather want to shoot anything that moves and grind for new unlocks.
Nothing wrong about that but in a match with 32 players on your team maybe 7-10 actually PTFO.
I wish they forced players to play more objective based.
Operations was one of the additions that really stuck and became popular in BF1. Then they messed it up in BFV tho..

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hopefully Operations dies. Just focus on the modes that work and make the maps great to play. Too many modes forced into the same maps and they can all feel a bit funky.

Conquest and Rush. Done.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Operations dies. Just focus on the modes that work and make the maps great to play. Too many modes forced into the same maps and they can all feel a bit funky.

Conquest and Rush. Done.
Operations in BF1 was amazing and worked great. Even more with the "story"
They messed it up in BFV. So dont do that version

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing to hear that they're using the same live service model as Battlefield V. Bring back Premium!

Donos

Nov 15, 2017

Conquest and Rush. Done.
Remove the best mode of BF1??? Operations is all my buddies and I played in the end.
Conquest is nice but rush can go.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing to hear that they're using the same live service model as Battlefield V. Bring back Premium!
nah. They probably learned alot from BFV. They got more time now also for post launch and of its modern there is alot more room for customization and people like and fit the era.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield Premium needs to stay dead. The days of paying for map packs in general should never, ever return.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Give us classic conquest and I mean battlefield 2 pc conquest, not the rubbish we've seen recently oh and rush from bad company 2. Everything else is just to pad the numbers and no one will ever play them.

Bring back Premium, 4 x 4 map packs >>> the shit we get now.

Oh and scrap the single player and co-op nonsense.

You're welcome EA/Dice

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Give us classic conquest and I mean battlefield 2 pc conquest, not the rubbish we've seen recently oh and rush from bad company 2.

I played BF2 modern combat on 360, not sure if that was anything close to how the PC version played. I never played BF2 on PC, how does conquest on that differ from say BF4?

Oct 25, 2017
BFV's live service was a disaster that killed the game, but there is no reason to go back to what is objectively worse: the Premium model.
How much content did we get with premium compared to not?? There are tons of BF players that are happy to invest more $$ to get more content especially when we are playing for hundreds of hours.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017

Conquest and Rush. Done.
Operations is the best mode the franchise has introduced in a while.
I liked that they tried to introduced more varied objectives in it with V, though it could been tweaked more.
I think it's a way better attack/defend mode for massive player counts than Rush which has never played well with 64+ players.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Only problem with premium is that it segregates the playerbase, long term it's fine because eventually they just make it free but it is pretty annoying

With crossplay on all platforms though, it might not be so bad this time. Not sure the current market would accept a £40 pass though, they'd make more off of cosmetics if they handle it right this time; couldn't think of a bigger waste of money than cosmetics on BFV.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No executive worth their salt is gonna let their studio take a self inflicted L by pushing paid map packs in 2021. All it takes is one tweet from CoD reiterating that all their maps are free and your game is a laughingstock

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
This needs to be Next gen(current gen) and PC only. Hopefully its legit. With the "news" the next CoD could underperform this should be Battlefields generation to lose.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Rush is Battlefield to me, for some reason no matter the number of players, Conquest feels like a ghost town to me.
Breakthrough might be more your speed. Definitely way higher player density than CQ, almost to a fault.

Most of the BF1/BFV CQ maps didn't really have a good flow either, so that doesn't help that feeling.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
People always want more and more maps, yet they are the most expensive and complex content to make, that takes the longest amount of time. 😭 The curse of a map-based game, I guess. :D Takes like 6-9 months and a dozen people to make a good quality BF map.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
People always want more and more maps, yet they are the most expensive and complex content to make, that takes the longest amount of time. 😭 The curse of a map-based game, I guess. :D Takes like 6-9 months and a dozen people to make a good quality BF map.

Stop posting here and get back to making maps!

Being serious though, maps can make or break a shooter for me, I hope there's a decent number at launch.

Emissary

Oct 25, 2017

This is a big part of why I vastly prefer Premium, because I'm paying for more content I want to see in the game (more maps, weapons, vehicles, etc).

Yes, I do like to support my favorite games and get more content. The horror.

Premium has the obvious drawback of segmenting the playerbase, but it's weird how upset some people get over the option of simply paying for the extra content you want to see in the game. Instead we all have to hope other players ("whales") dump enough money into the game to subsidize any content beyond cosmetics for the rest of us.

Oct 28, 2017
Give me this again, please.

battlefield_2142.jpg

759052-932358_20061016_003.jpg
Lol theres such a specific "look" to the early 2000's portrayal of future warfare. I have such nostalgia for this. Its funny how that style has evolved over the decades of what future war might look like.

Racos

Oct 27, 2017
I'm incredibly hyped for this, what I hope for is Battlefield 4 with the incredible atmosphere of Battlefield 1 and then some. Playing BF1 in operations mode made me feel like I was part of an actual war.

I also can't wait to see the graphics and technology. Very exciting!

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Time well spent! But fascinating stuff, BF maps obviously have a lot of terrain and I imagine tons of design iteration and play testing to go through.

Hyped for the reveal. Hopefully in the next two weeks.