• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
NWA's new weekly show is debuting now:

It's a fun first show because of the nostalgia but the whole "we're not kids playing pro wrestler" theme in a lot of the interviews is a bit rich. We're watching a show blatantly trying to be like the wrestling shows from the 80s. The brawl between James Storm and Jocephus was straight up "playing pro wrestling".

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
EGEdAbWUUAAEWNs.jpg:small

EGSnQwDXoAoU3ih.jpg:small

EGXqohvXYAEXgut.jpg:small

EGZZYxbXkAAgAnB.jpg:small

EGXjJznXUAAG7-Z.jpg:small

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
New Japan Super Jr Tag League teams have been announced

Tiger Mask and Yuya Uemura
Ryusuke Taguchi and Rocky Romero
Will Ospreay and Robbie Eagles
SHO and YOH
Volador Jr and Titan
TJP and Clark Connors
Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo
El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Infer what you will of Dragon Lee being MIA
Oh, TJP again, great.

This line-up isn't good.
Did they expect to have Hiromu back by now so they didn't bother to get BUSHI a teammate?

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
All Japan announced their Real World Tag League teams

Violent Giants (Suwama and Shuji Ishikawa)
The Bomber (Joe Doering and Dylan James)
NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara and Yuma Aoyagi)
Zeus and Ryouji Sai
Jake Lee and Naoya Nomura
Daisuke Sekimoto and The Bodyguard
Takashi Yoshida and Gianni Valletta
TAJIRI and KAI
Yoshitatsu and Joel Redman
The End (Parrow and Odinson)

The Kid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Zeus and Ryouji Sai
TAJIRI and KAI

AEW needs to partner with AJPW. AEW is sorely lacking in the tough asshole department. Hell, AEW should just sign Parrow and Odinson. They are much better than the WWE washouts that are friends with Jericho and Cody. Plus Parrow is an awesome story.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
NWA Powerr easily has the best theme in English wrestling. NXT is screamy metal garbage, I have no clue what RAW and NXT sound like, and AEW's theme is generic af.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
On paper, everything about nwa powerrr is dumb as fuck (80's vibe, reusing a similar day from the JCP/Georgia days, the name with the 4 r, friggin cornette on commentary, austin idol commercial) But since everyone in that show truly believe in what they are doing, at the end works perfectly

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA

Zeus and Ryouji Sai
TAJIRI and KAI
Phew, Sekimoto & Bodyguard, delicious

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
AEW Dark was good. Women's match was the weakest. They need Mercedes in full-time as a wrestler/trainer with Emi helping out whenever they can fly her in.

Last edited:

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing Transphobia, History of Poor Behavior
Waaaah this wrestler differs from me politically! *intense crying noises and gnashing of teeth*

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tonight's competition:

NXT
-NXT Cruiserweight Championship match: Drew Gulak (c) vs. Lio Rush
- Serene's dream match: WALTER vs. KUSHIDA

AEW Dynamite
-Jon Moxley vs. Shawn Spears
-Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara vs. Hangman Page & Dustin Rhodes
-AEW Tag Team Championship tournament match: The Young Bucks vs. Private Party
-AEW Championship #1 contender match: Darby Allin vs. Jimmy Havoc

Last edited:

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine telling someone that Kushida would be wrestling against Walter as a heavyweight one day back when he was still roh tv champ.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
Just finished bingeing AEW and NWA

Very pleasantly surprised with the presentation of NWA Powerrr, I love the look and feel of everything. I'm not too crazy about the squashes returning but not every first ep can be perfect, and I know they gotta establish their champs as a big deal. I wish they'd treat my man Jocephus better :/ And I liked the main event title match

CIMA/Darby was great and I also loved the 8-man tag. Women's tag went better than expected imo. Worst match of Dark was the main event

I love YouTube matches because unless a promo's given, I just mute everything after entrances. It helped a lot with NWA because I liked the promos and segments, and i didn't have to hear actual Cornette commentary. Same for excessive JR, especially for the women's match

Overall I really think Tuesday is gonna be worth sticking around for, and this extraneous AEW and NWA content is the only stuff I can def commit to seeing weekly no matter what because I'll always be able to spare at least two hours for youtube vids a week

I wouldn't mind if they could get the show to 1hr 15 min, gives them a bit of time to space things out where the squash matches can be overshadowed by longer non-squash matches. I was just rewatching some old Crockett NWA earlier this morning, I think they would benefit some from having a bit more time added to the show to give breathing room to the main matches on each show. Like the old school NWA days, entrance music wouldn't be a bad thing here. Other than that, I am excited to see what we have in store each and every week. Would be cool to see them bring back some kind of Clash of the Champions show 2-3x a year since who knows how well they do with a PPV right away in December.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waaaah this wrestler differs from me politically! *intense crying noises and gnashing of teeth*

Lots of wrestlers I do support have differing political views from me, but the sort of stuff Hager openly likes on twitter firmly puts him in "piece of shit" category, as far as I'm concerned. Transphobes will get no support from me, fuck 'em and everyone who agrees with them. If you want to read that as "crying and gnashing of teeth" in anger, then you do you, but believe me I would not waste such energy on anyone with such worthless, hateful views.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Tonight's competition:

NXT
-NXT Cruiserweight Championship match: Drew Gulak (c) vs. Lio Rush
-@serene's dream match: WALTER vs. KUSHIDA

AEW Dynamite
-Jon Moxley vs. Shawn Spears
-Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara vs. Hangman Page & Dustin Rhodes
-AEW Tag Team Championship tournament match: The Young Bucks vs. Private Party
-AEW Championship #1 contender match: Darby Allin vs. Jimmy Havoc
you left out Emi and Bea vs. Riho and Britt

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Night 3 of Chikara's King of Trios 2019:

The Four Nations (Mick Moretti, Adam Hoffman & Jack Bonza) vs. FIST (Icarus, Tony Deppen & Travis Huckabee): The crowd was hot for the Australians, and Moretti continued his strong showing. This was a good opener.

The Crucible (Ophidian, Lance Steel & Princess Kimber Lee) vs. The Colony (Fire Ant, Thief Ant & Green Ant): Another storyline match with Ophidian using one of the 17 forbidden holds to put away Thief Ant. You're probably not parachuting into night 3 of King of Trios, so a review is almost pointless.

Oleg the Usurper vs. Mat Diamond: Oleg's "off with his head" finisher looked pretty good, but Chikara's big guys are fairly blah.

Tag Gauntlet:
VeloCities (Jude London & Paris De Silva) vs. Cornelius Crummels & Sonny DeFarge
VeloCities vs. Jakob Hammermeier & Der Wildebeest
VeloCities vs. The Closers
VeloCities vs. The Crucible (Tunku Amir & Frey Nassar)
The Crucible vs. Josue Ibanez & Joshua Wells
Ibanez & Wells vs. The Proteus Wheel (Volgar & Callux)
The Proteus Wheel (Volgar & Callux) vs. Merlok & Cajun Crawdad
The Bird & The Bee (Solo Darling & Willow Nightingale)

Darling and Nightingale capped off the annual tag gauntlet by earning their third point, which allows them to challenge Chikara's tag team champions. VeloCities got a good amount of time to shine, which was great since they didn't get to do much in their trios match.

Jordynne Grace vs. Lady Frost: I really liked this, and Grace didn't seem like she was going through the motions. The crowd also dug this match, and Frost came off looking pretty good. I hope she can escape the Chikara booking trap because I'd like to see her against other indie women wrestlers.

Rey de Voladores final: The Whisper vs. Alex Zayne: This wasn't as crazy as some of Zayne's work in GCW, but this was a really good showcase of flippy little guys. Probably the best match of the show.

The Crucible vs. The Four Nations: We're building to Chikara's season finale as both the Whisper, a grudging member of the rudo Crucibles, and Ophidian, the leader of the Crucibles, each can now challenge Dasher Hatfield for Chikara's Grand Championship. I do like how Chikara is able to weave in their stories into their big events like King of Trios while giving wrestlers showcases, which shouldn't be as hard as WWE makes it look.

Not a bad year for King of Trios. I recommend watching it; it's pretty easy viewing.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Announced for NXT tonight

Isaiah Scott (Shane Strickland) vs. Roderick Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.