• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Story updated. Rudy's associate Victoria Toensing got a search warrant, too.

www.nytimes.com

F.B.I. Searches Giuliani’s Home and Office, Seizing Phones and Computers (Published 2021)

Prosecutors obtained the search warrants as part of an investigation into whether Rudy Giuliani broke lobbying laws when he was President Donald J. Trump’s personal lawyer.

Mr. Giuliani's lawyer, Robert J. Costello, called the searches unnecessary because his client had offered to answer prosecutors's questions, except those regarding Mr. Giuliani's privileged communications with the former president.
"What they did today was legal thuggery," Mr. Costello said. "Why would you do this to anyone, let alone someone who was the associate attorney general, United States attorney, the mayor of New York City and the personal lawyer to the 45th president of the United States."
F.B.I. agents on Wednesday morning also executed a search warrant at the Washington-area home of Victoria Toensing, a lawyer close to Mr. Giuliani who had dealings with Ukrainians involved in the effort to find damaging information about the Bidens, according to people with knowledge of that search. Ms. Toensing has represented Dmitry Firtash, a Ukrainian oligarch under indictment in the United States whose help Mr. Giuliani sought.

But stealing the laptop of a private citizen and turning it over to a Conservative news organization is perfectly ok, right?
(It never happened, but regardless)

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Still can't be bothered to get any hopes up in our current system.

Wrists might get slapped from all of this, but absolutely no Justice will be seen.

So over this shit.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Popehat has a pretty good little thread here about what can reasonably be extrapolated from this:

At least until "Rudy hands it out because he's legally incontinent".

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if he actually meant to say incontinent, or if it was just a happy little accident

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

snl-skit-twitter.jpg

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I think this is probably what it is about. Not sure the penalties for it. I can't imagine it's long prison time. Probably a hefty fine.

E0FeyfnWEAIXR3y

Oct 31, 2017
"Imagine being America's mayor after 9/11. I bet it's like sitting at a blackjack table with a 20 while the dealer is showing an 8. Imagine deciding to hit to get that ace. Giuliani has been doing that for 20 fucking years."

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017

I've never understood this "If this can happen to the president's lawyer it can happen to anyone" argument (and the variety of permutations of it we heard under Trump admin). Isn't the whole American mythos built in this idea that the US is a meritocracy where everyone is equal under the eyes of the law? Why should being the president's lawyer make you immune to the law? Isn't it a good thing that being the president or someone closely associated with the president doesn't absolve you of any crimes?

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
There's no way he knew how to properly do that himself, which means if he tried, someone did it for him and may have been paid for it. In all likelihood a bad job would have been done no matter what.

"those files are in the recycle bin. They will be gone next trash pickup."

HOWEVER.

Anyone remember that Gaetz thread we had that was red hot? I think this is just meat for liberals. Nothing is going to happen to guliani, gaetz, or trump. Wealthy people operate under different rules.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
"those files are in the recycle bin. They will be gone next trash pickup."

HOWEVER.

Anyone remember that Gaetz thread we had that was red hot? I think this is just meat for liberals. Nothing is going to happen to guliani, gaetz, or trump. Wealthy people operate under different rules.

This.

It's probably just the 2021 version of Muller Time.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LMAO!!! Yes!

Sorry man but this message board held Giuliani more accountable than our news did. That Ukraine kidnapping goon shit he was trying to pull off was beyond the pale.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Giuliani who as an AUSA used to perp walk suspects in front of strategically placed cameras so he could get maximum publicity. Fuck him. I hope he gets his perp walk one day.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Who expected anything to happen to Gaetz this quickly? An ongoing investigation that had been occurring for many, many months (under Bill Barr, even) leaked out. That doesn't mean they rush out and make charges. Hell, they only got the cooperation of his accomplice quite recently.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I wonder how giddy the FBI agents were.
Do you think one of them wore a Four Season's Total Landscaping shirt under their uniform for fun?

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
It's too much to hope that we'll ever see Trump in jail.

Giuliani would be an okay consolation prize. Hopefully the first of a least a few Trump sycophants to take a fall.