• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
4b41qv.jpg

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
3070 as powerfull as 2080ti with better RT/DLSS performance and 150w TDP please! I think 3070 will have 10GB VRAM but 12GB would be great.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Awesome! Hopefully the cards will be a big jump in performance from the 20xx (probably a price jump too sadly).

I have a 2080 that I bought in late 2018 so I'll be sitting this one out until it can't run games at 1920x1200 max settings anymore. :)

Last edited:

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
I bet an arm and a leg won't cover the asking price, and probably need to throw in a kidney or two to make sure.

Seriously I hope Nvidia hasn't jacked up the price across the range yet again. I'd be OK with a 3070 if it's on par with a 2080ti, but not for 2080 money.

Oct 25, 2017
As the GeForce brand has been around since 1999, Nvidia will celebrate by pricing the 3080 Ti at $1999.

Celebrating their 21 year history, the 2080 Ti will get a special $21 off discount.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Do they usually go on sale as soon as they announce them?

Crisium

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking GTX 1080 to RTX 3080 is the jump to make for me. If rumours are true, 3080 Ti is only +20% or so on everything (shaders, ROPs, bandwidth, memory) over the 3080 and if so it won't be worth several hundreds more.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I have a 980ti, so it is almost time. I will hold out until pricing because I think a ps5 could happily tide me over for a few years until games start chugging.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Just built a new PC in prep for Cyberpunk, kept my 1080 Ti since it's still competitive. Will upgrade in 6-12 months.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be awesome but what could they possibly improve on? Are we going to be running games at 320x240 and DLSSing our way to 8K?
I might be wrong, not too much into the NV jargon but isn't DLSS only for select titles and 3.0 would be a more automated version for *all* games?

Regardless, I'll take whatever card let's me *finally* play MHW with the HD texture pack, *no* upscaling, 60fps, *no* dips at 1080p... It's all I really care about (and I don't like upscaling regardless of how it's called)

I really hope the 3060 can do that and won't be too expensive (~ €400 ideally)

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Their promotional material is making a very big deal about the number 21. I'm willing to bet this series will be called the 2100 series, not 3000.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
I will be buying a 3840x1600 ultrawide monitor at the same time as a 3000 series Nvidia card. Currently have a 1080p monitor with a GTX 1070.

I have a 750W Gold rated PSU.

Am I limited by that? I'd like to think the 3080 Ti is at least an option for me, but worried it will be too power hungry for my PC.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might be wrong, not too much into the NV jargon but isn't DLSS only for select titles and 3.0 would be a more automated version for *all* games?

Regardless, I'll take whatever card let's me *finally* play MHW with the HD texture pack, *no* upscaling, 60fps, *no* dips at 1080p... It's all I really care about (and I don't like upscaling regardless of how it's called)

I really hope the 3060 can do that and won't be too expensive (~ €400 ideally)
no. DLSS is compatible with any game that uses TAA. but it needs information from the engine prior to creating the final frame to work. that information also needs to be of good quality lest you get errors (see some aspect of Death Stranding). hence why you can't just turn it on in a control panel menu

and Moore's Law is Dead is a bad source

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
If Nvidia had a DLSS 3.0 that "just worked" on all games coming anytime soon I don't think they would have bothered setting up a branch of Unreal Engine 4 developers can use that lets them implement DLSS support into their projects.

Not that 3.0 can't or won't exist I just think it's unlikely to be what some people seem to expect.

If they announce dlss 3.0 and it's somehow blocked from 20series. Jesus fucking Christ.

I think Turing and Ampere are pretty similar in hardware this time around, Ampere is just better (of course).

So I'm not sure if there's any technical reason preventing them from supporting something like DLSS 3.0 on Turing unless it performs really awfully for some reason, but I don't think that's stopped Nvidia in the past and it might be kind of a selling point in their eyes.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I will be buying a 3840x1600 ultrawide monitor at the same time as a 3000 series Nvidia card. Currently have a 1080p monitor with a GTX 1070.

I have a 750W Gold rated PSU.

Am I limited by that? I'd like to think the 3080 Ti is at least an option for me, but worried it will be too power hungry for my PC.
For a single gpu configuration I don't see how you would be limited by a 750W PSU. As long as it's from a reputable manufacturer.

If Nvidia started to produce cards that would need 800+ PSUs to safely operate, there would be huge issues.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question...which thread are we going to be putting any leaked information for these cards that will inevitably happen pre-event into? We have like, three Ampere threads now, and that's fine. New news, new thread. I just want to know which thread will be the main thread. :P

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question...which thread are we going to be putting any leaked information for these cards that will inevitably happen pre-event into? We have like, three Ampere threads now, and that's fine. New news, new thread. I just want to know which thread will be the main thread. :P
probably this thread for unconfirmed/leaked info

www.resetera.com

Rumored specs for NVIDIA's upcoming "Ampere" RTX 3000 series graphics cards (RTX 3060, RTX 3070, RTX 3080 and RTX 3090) Rumor

Rumored specs for NVIDIA's upcoming "Ampere" RTX 3000 series graphics cards is now floating around: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/72152/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-leaked-specs-teases-an-absolute-monster-gpu/index.html

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no. DLSS is compatible with any game that uses TAA. but it needs information from the engine prior to creating the final frame to work. that information also needs to be of good quality lest you get errors (see some aspect of Death Stranding). hence why you can't just turn it on in a control panel menu

Yeah ok so how do I know if I can turn it on or not... It's in my control panel, so do I just turn it on ? I don't understand how it's choosing a resolution then etc either?

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You are correct.

I'm tired of correcting people using his rumors as a source all.the.time. September 1st can't come soon enough, lol

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
For a single gpu configuration I don't see how you would be limited by a 750W PSU. As long as it's from a reputable manufacturer.

If Nvidia started to produce cards that would need 800+ PSUs to safely operate, there would be huge issues.
That's good to hear =) It's a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W, so hopefully that counts as reputable! I didn't want to skimp on the PSU...

Just hearing a lot of talk about new power config rumours, and worried that maybe I should have gone for 850W now.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah ok so how do I know if I can turn it on or not... It's in my control panel, so do I just turn it on ? I don't understand how it's choosing a resolution then etc either?
DLSS has to be implemented by the devs. so it's only for select games. there are three presets, quality (68% of native res), balanced (57% or whatever), and performance (50% of native res). some games skipped the balance preset for whatever reason

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
That would be awesome but what could they possibly improve on? Are we going to be running games at 320x240 and DLSSing our way to 8K?

I for one would like to see a dynamic solution. Right now we have to fix our setting to a preset. It would be nice if we can set it to a dynamic one, so we get quality when we have the spare GPU performance, and it dynamically goes down to Balanced, then performance as required by the scene/frame.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DLSS has to be implemented by the devs. so it's only for select games. there are three presets, quality (68% of native res), balanced (57% or whatever), and performance (50% of native res). some games skipped the balance preset for whatever reason
That's exactly what I said lol. I think you quoted the wrong post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.