• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Microcenter 3080 Ti Listings for launch day

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
just got an e-mail that i have won the "lottery" and am allowed to buy a Zotac 3080ti for the sweet price of 2100 dollars at an online retailer lmao

jfc
Man, there's about to be some sticker shock today. lmao

edit:
Micro Center AIB prices are up and PPPPPPPFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

DcRKiPn.png

Simuly

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 8, 2019
Really what is the point? How many units were sent to the UK - 11 or 12 if we're lucky..

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. 850W would be better but you will be fine.
Quality 750W 80+ gold should be enough.
Thanks.It's an EVGA Platinum so I guess it'll work.

I've screwed up in the past by getting power supplies well over my requirements just in case I went crazy and tried SLI. This time I went pretty close to the card's limits. It was a lot cheaper but I'm wary about upgrades. 850 or whatever would probably have been better

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Gonna try grab one for my brother but living in Ireland and Brexit causing all the UK sites to not deliver to us isn't looking too good.

My last resort now is both Amazon UK and Amazon DE.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
So, EVGA will go live in 15 mins? is there a direct link to the products? thanks in advance

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Just went on Scan, clicked on the Asus Strix 3080Ti..."there are 718 people viewing this product".

Yeah...I'm not going to play this game.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks.It's an EVGA Platinum so I guess it'll work.

I've screwed up in the past by getting power supplies well over my requirements just in case I went crazy and tried SLI. This time I went pretty close to the card's limits. It was a lot cheaper but I'm wary about upgrades. 850 or whatever would probably have been better
Just want to say I've been running my 5900x+3080 on a 600w PSU for months now with no problems. People really bought into the marketing back then.

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
So there's enough EVGA Elite members to be crashing the server. I guess everyone is just an Elite member?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been able to get a single page on evga.com to load since five minutes before the card went up.
So there's enough EVGA Elite members to be crashing the server. I guess everyone is just an Elite member?

The site will load for anyone, not just Elite members. Also, the site is probably not even built to support all of the Elite members F5ing at once. Sucks.

And who knows. Maybe people are intentionally fucking with the site to make it harder for regular users to buy one.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
GeForce RTX 3080Ti Founders Edition Graphics Card | SCAN UK

EDIT: I didn't know the FE cards were going to be more expensive than AIB this time around. It's practically the same price as a 3090.
EDIT2: The NVIDIA site does say it should be the same price as the others. I guess Scan are gouging now, too.
EDIT3: The price has now dropped to MSRP, but still no buy button on that page.
EDIT 4: It keeps jumping between £1319 and £1049 when I refresh.

I don't know if I missed it (probably) or if they're having an issue with it, since the FE gets its own unique page.

Last edited:

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit. Friends are relaying the sorry state of pricing in both the EU and AUS/NZ.
Just nuts man.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Is it even worth refreshing EVGA at this point

Probably not. Crazy to think that just 9 months ago, we were all disappointed when EVGA's site struggled to handle launch day sales traffic & they ran out of inventory in a couple of minutes. Now the site can't even be loaded on a day where the only thing that can happen is "elite" members getting to add themselves to a queue for a "chance" at a product. This is where we're at now.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge

Elektronik & mehr online kaufen | ALTERNATE Online Shop

Online einkaufen beim Testsieger: Mehrfacher Versender des Jahres, Sieger im Webshop-Test! Tolle Neuheiten & Bestseller, ausgezeichneter Service!
2669€

AHAHAHA
I remember how I got mad at Alternate for bumping the price of a 3080 from 699 to 799 or 849 during launch day and then having to wait 6 weeks for a card because I ordered it 25 minutes after launch.

Good times!