• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 24, 2019
If memory serves, it's an intimidation tactic for another person in the room. Al gets hit around by this outrageous looking guy, so the actual suspect is shocked into spilling without them having to rough him up.

Odrion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They use to actually do this if memory serves me right. The idea is that if the suspect tried to tell anybody about it, it would sound so ridiculous that no one would actually believe them.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
They use to actually do this if memory serves me right. The idea is that if the suspect tried to tell anybody about it, it would sound so ridiculous that no one would actually believe them.

Yes. I heard a podcast that had on (iirc) the person that this story was based on (or the author of the book based on the true story or something), and he said they used to do this.

Edit: actually, looks like the dude died in 2004. Maybe it was an old interview I heard on a podcast? I'm pretty sure I heard it from him.

But I got it completely wrong. The author (Gerald Walker) was a reporter, the book is complete fiction, the interview I heard was just an ex-cop source he used to add authentic details to the book.

Last edited:

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I need a gif of this so bad

yrUNEY4.gif

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Al Pacino looked like he was about to have his batty hollowed out by that specimen.