• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
815uewDXaPL._SL1406_.jpg

Now I know you want Persona 3/5 on Steam, I do as well, I know you want your mainline SMT and what not, and sure I do as well bring them all over to Steam...but hear me out here, and I know this a shoot in the dark, but Devil Survivor needs to be played by more people and yes I realize Overclocked is not that old or even difficult to aquire(?) but the more people that get to experience this game the better, I realize the game already got rereleased...twice thanks to the remake, but shaddap and let me be selfish here.

The game's setting is bleak right from the start, our characters are under quarantine enforced by the city thanks to concerns about leaking gas...except its not, as the story progresses you start to unravel mysteries, the real reason for the quarantine and how much danger you and your friends are in and by extension every single person in the lockdown. Since this is a SMT game you can expect all kinds of fuckery going on, demons, angels, dick monsters you name it. The game offers different paths resulting in different endings, your party members change based on this since some of them are not willing to stick around thanks to your decisions.

So whats the gameplay like? I am no RPG terminology master, so the best way I can describe it is Strategy RPG, think Fire Emblem or Advance Wars since it has a grid-like map design and characters take turns to move. However combat is more in line of what you would expect from SMT, each character can have up to 2 demons equipped, you learn their combat and passive skills the more you use them, you get your WEAK and EXTRA TURN mechanics from pretty much every SMT game to my knowledge, demon fusion and all the staples are here. So simple yet addicting routine.

ds2.jpg

Have a mentioned the soundtrack? Well I definitely should because it slaps hard, just listen to how you are introduced to game...

Do not pursue Beldr

Goddamn it Keisuke

I could go on and on about the OST but then I would be here all day posting the whole thing.

So yeah, been meaning to get this off my chest for a while, if you took anything from this thread is that if you own a 3DS, you like SMT/Persona/RPGs, you owe it to yourself to give this game a try, because not matter how much I yell at the sky I don't see Atlus porting this game anywhere.

Astarte

Oct 25, 2017
i thought this would be about persona 2 eternal punishment psp never coming over here

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018

Love this theme. It's a really fun game with a compelling story. I'd rank it better than Persona 2.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Actually just ordered a copy on ebay this week as I greatly miss owning that game. It got pricey over the years compare to the other games mentioned outside of Skies of Arcadia that is also pricey. So what I am saying Sega, relesae SMT: Devil Survivor and Skies of Arcadia!

And Nocturne.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
What makes you believe that they will even take a look at SMT games because of the success of Persona 4? Persona 4 Dancing will have a higher priority of releasing on steam before SMT ever will.

Oct 25, 2017
One of my all-time favorite battle systems. I think the game struggles a bit in the story department and I think the soundtrack would need to be remastered, but the gameplay is deep, challenging and rewarding.

That being said, I don't think it and Persona 4 share the same audience. Nor do I think one's success would determine the other's.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FFT: War of the Lions and Crisis Core: FF VII need any kind of love they can get. Like, literally anything.

Plz Square

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, Devil Survivor is pretty great, and the storyline almost feels like another (slightly more anime) take on SMT1's story (as opposed to Devil Survivor 2, which was kind of just EVA). But how you go about porting it would be the question since the UI is so designed around the DS. I'd love a partial remake of sorts, but a quick and dirty port is better than nothing.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
It's an alright game and I never played the Overclocked version but it is greatly hampered by there being one specific build that is not only superior to the other builds but the game is designed around said build so anything else runs the risk of putting you in a softlock in the later parts of the game.

Thinking about stat allocations is a good idea but it's not a decision any player can make when they have no understanding of the game's mechanics and you are ultimately asked to stat allocate from beginning to end. It also doesn't help that the build in question doesn't require much thought but is just dumping everything into magic.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I'll take all the SMT I can get.

Though to be honest, not really. I own all the 3DS SMT games, and I'm completely content with playing them on that system. Gimme PS2 SMT ports please.

Trelova

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
of course there is.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army

right? you bet.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I admit I was expecting Persona 2. That said though, I'd absolutely love a port of Nocturne, especially if it meant someone could mod the BGM to have a higher bitrate.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah honestly i can't see them port ds/3ds titles they might be great games but let's face it they would sell like shit same for untouched PS2 games or anything else older.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
There's so many great Atlus games from the past that should be ported to modern platforms...

Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Survivor. Devil Summoner, Persona 1-3... Even Trauma Center would work on PC playing with a mouse.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
220px-Radiant_Historia_Cover_Art.jpg

Haven't played the remake, but it's really dumb they put it on 3DS in 2018 instead of literally anywhere else.

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There's so many great Atlus games from the past that should be ported to modern platforms...

Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Devil Survivor. Devil Summoner, Persona 1-3... Even Trauma Center would work on PC playing with a mouse.

That's what emulation is for, these games will not sell without at least an extensive remaster/remake.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I liked Devil Survivor 2 WAY MORE than 1 for some reason. It might have been because 1 was my first SMT game, so I just found it really difficult. 2 is also just a lot less bleak.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah don't sleep on this game. Personally, I'd rank it above both smt 4 games. It's up there with nocturne and strange journey for me.

Einherjer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
HELL yeah. Devil Survivor is one of the very best in the series, and everyone should play it. Absolutely on the same level as Nocturne in my eyes.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
That's what emulation is for, these games will not sell without at least an extensive remaster/remake.
Persona 3 would totally sell, even if it was just a simple port of either FES or P3P.

Nocturne/DDS would do comparably worse, but I still think they could sell well enough to justify... especially if the PC ports result in certain streamers checking them out, such as CohhCarnage.