• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 14, 2019
Ugh. Reading reddit threads makes me feel underappreciated.

I just wanna say, as a delivery driver for over 10 years, I'm doing all I can for you guys in protecting the food and myself from any sort of contamination in this situation. I guess i feel like I have to get this out as we have been completely slammed this whole time its been going on and the stress has been weighing on me a bit, and reading that people think we are just disease vectors makes me slightly offended as I'm trying my god damned hardest to be awesome for everyone ordering and being cool about it.

After every delivery we sanitize and wash our bags/hands and have very strict cleaning now. Speaking of my hands are destroyed from all of that, cracking and dry from washing a lot during a shift.

I just felt like I needed to get this out. I'm not speaking for a lot of people but I do know the crew I work with take this seriously.

Anyone who is still working out there deserves major kudos (and a pay raise) for what you are all doing.

Those in the medical field are superheroes.

Those who work at grocery stores, restaurants, delivery, etc. You all are amazing, too.

My Mom works at a restaurant and I worry about her every day (she also takes public transit). My dad is doing deliveries and Uber to try and make a few bucks, despite business going way down. I practically yell at them when they come home to wash their hands just because I'm afraid they'll infect themselves or each other.

They, like you and everyone else, are risking so much (especially those at higher risk, like my parents

Thank you very much for all your hard work.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone who is still working out there deserves major kudos (and a pay raise) for what you are all doing.

Those in the medical field are superheroes.

Those who work at grocery stores, restaurants, delivery, etc. You all are amazing, too.

My Mom works at a restaurant and I worry about her every day (she also takes public transit). My dad is doing deliveries and Uber to try and make a few bucks, despite business going way down. I practically yell at them when they come home to wash their hands just because I'm afraid they'll infect themselves or each other.

They, like you and everyone else, are risking so much (especially those at higher risk, like my parents

Thank you very much for all your hard work.

I hope those people who use delivery would tips. I heard many people refused to tips during normal time, not sure about now.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Goddammit. For some reason my right hand got these weird red rashes and using hand sanitizers are a bitch on them. Anyone know what this is?

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
Goddammit. For some reason my right hand got these weird red rashes and using hand sanitizers are a bitch on them. Anyone know what this is?
If you've been constantly using hand sanitizer, it might simply be that the constant application of alcohol is drying your skin out and irritating it. Try using moisturizer, especially after hand sanitizer.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If you've been constantly using hand sanitizer, it might simply be that the constant application of alcohol is drying your skin out and irritating it. Try using moisturizer, especially after hand sanitizer.
Yeah it's on the back of my right hand which is one of the places I sanitize first and sometimes I get a weird kind of roll when I wash it there so it could be that. Here's hoping moisturizer works

sephghast

Oct 25, 2017

I just wanna say, as a delivery driver for over 10 years, I'm doing all I can for you guys in protecting the food and myself from any sort of contamination in this situation. I guess i feel like I have to get this out as we have been completely slammed this whole time its been going on and the stress has been weighing on me a bit, and reading that people think we are just disease vectors makes me slightly offended as I'm trying my god damned hardest to be awesome for everyone ordering and being cool about it.

After every delivery we sanitize and wash our bags/hands and have very strict cleaning now. Speaking of my hands are destroyed from all of that, cracking and dry from washing a lot during a shift.

I just felt like I needed to get this out. I'm not speaking for a lot of people but I do know the crew I work with take this seriously.

You're literally a hero. I've been doing my best to tip a ton extra. It's not forgotten how risky it is for you in my house.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017

Hey man, just want to say, THANK YOU. Me and my wife are both truly grateful for all the hard work put in by you and everyone who is working hard during thse times. Appreciate it brother

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost sure it is. Makes no sense that it started after my sis told me to isolate except being a psychosomatic response. I mean, I guess it could be coincidental, but odds are low. Anxiety is the more likely explanation.

I've seen a lot of posts here about chest pain in this thread, especially over the past few weeks.

I had a similar chest pain that started 2.5 weeks ago and got to the point where I was having a lot of difficulty breathing about 10 days ago. I went to the hospital and I'm thankful it was early enough in the outbreak and at a time when no one else was there (5am). Wasn't able to be tested for COVID-19, but they ran every other test in the book and found no signs of a viral infection anywhere. Anxiety attack was what they settled on. It makes sense, too, but I'm still dealing with intermittent chest pain/tightness. No fever and very slight, occasional cough after all this time raises my confidence that it really is anxiety. I started medication last week and hoping it helps get me in a better place.

Also, I found this article helpful:
lifehacker.com

Is It a Panic Attack or the Coronavirus?

For the past several days, I’ve been experiencing periods of shortness of breath, fatigue and general soreness. On any normal occasion, I’d dismiss th

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's pretty awful.
I hope that Yale is shamed enough that they lose out on a ton of future endowments. Of course with a treasure chest of ~30 billion I'm not sure even that would matter.
The thing about having 30 billion dollars is that you don't actually need more money in order to make money. Not that I think that this kind of shit matters to their big donors.
It's cool that they don't pay federal taxes though.

Deleted member 19844

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Went for a grocery run at 5PM (curbside pickup) and the whole drive there it was like I was experiencing the world after the snap... at least people here are taking things seriously.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

We appreciate you.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

My spouse is a medical professional, they are doing important work. So I don't say this lightly.

You are too, we appreciate all you and others are doing. Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't doing valuable and important work.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
You're literally a hero. I've been doing my best to tip a ton extra. It's not forgotten how risky it is for you in my house.
Hey man, just want to say, THANK YOU. Me and my wife are both truly grateful for all the hard work put in by you and everyone who is working hard during thse times. Appreciate it brother
Thank you and everyone I didn't quote. The real hero's are the health care workers in the middle of this terrible mess. I'm just trying to do my part with a job that has become important for some people in this crazy world now.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

after work cover your hands in vaseline and that should help with the dryness and cracking

Carl2282

Oct 25, 2017

I just wanted to take a minute to say I can't tell you how much I appreciate the guys dropping off groceries, take out, and packages these days. I hope you and your family are safe. I'm trying to tip as much as I can especially for drivers these days (generally 20-50%)
You are literally keeping our society together right now.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Just wanted to chime in that anyone with anxiety issues should take a break from this thread. I had a massive panic attack on Wednesday and have stayed away from corona topics since and feel much better. Doesn't help that I also have a cold.

Just a suggestion.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Only three days into the quarantine and I'm already feeling really shit. I've got more than enough work to keep busy, I work out throughout the day, and Skype with my girlfriend every day but the lack of real human interaction is already starting to take a toll. And it's gonna be at least 4 weeks...

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
losangeles.cbslocal.com

25-Year-Old Pharmacy Technician Dies From Coronavirus In Riverside County, No Underlying Health Conditions Reported

Riverside County health officials reported the death of a 25-year-old pharmacy technician from COVID-19 Friday and warned the community that the illness is not just deadly for elderly people.

25 year old pharmacy technician has passed away from COVID-19. The dangers of working in a pharmacy during this pandemic is not stated enough. In my store we allegedly had someone who was exposed to COVID walk in to pick up prescriptions. People breaking quarantine and just acting careless about the whole thing is extremely frustrating and sad to see.

Stay the fuck home, people.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul

What a disaster. Those poor medical workers are like lambs to the slaughter; working until their immune systems are compromised.

As soon as I saw this was happening in Wuhan, it really worried me. It's one thing to have your medical infrastructure brought to it knees, but to have those who operate it start dying is really bad. It can lead to a complete collapse.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
I have bad news for you fellow Americans. He will be reelected easily... He will be the good sheep until November than He will be back to be the usually asshole.

What the hell are you talking about? He's been messing with governors who are calling him begging for federal assistance with the pandemic.

His base doesn't live in reality, but letting thousands (or even millions) of Americans die likely won't be forgotten by independents and moderates.

Sep 14, 2019
Yeah it's on the back of my right hand which is one of the places I sanitize first and sometimes I get a weird kind of roll when I wash it there so it could be that. Here's hoping moisturizer works

Very likely that.

I have OCD and a germaphobe. I constantly go through what you're going through.

Moisturize as much as you can.

If possible, wash your hands instead of using sanitizer.

There have been times that even applying moisturizer makes it worse for a few minutes, completely burning my skin. It's tough 😔

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Healthcare workers need to be prioritized for masks. full stop. Any new masks that are created need to go straight to the medical workers, and then once they are taken care of the rest can be sold to the general public.

Oct 27, 2017
As we go along, what would of help to people using this thread is to ease up on coming in and asking things like "Any place I can check out info about the deaths?" Any news organization's web site can get you that info, and there will be time enough for milestones.

If we can, let's try to keep this thread focused on who is involved in helping with the pandemic, who is being affected, and each other. Thank you.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Honestly, I'm considering just leaving my job. My employer isn't really taking this as seriously as they should in addition to a few other factors that affect my workplace, and to be honest, it's probably a matter of when, not if someone gets infected there, and the possibility of bringing it home concerns me, since I live with two high risk people.

Trying to weigh things intelligently and not make a rash decision yet, though.