• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think he'll lose any voters to this.
Lose as in actual human lives. Older population, hardcore christian freaks and "nobody tells me what to do" dements with guns are going to be getting the virus left and right. It's what they've been doing these last two weeks and they'll just find ways to ignore or sidestep all recommendations.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe this dr. just said HIV was solved because of the community coming together to prevent further spread.... like the federal government completely ignored the HIV pandemic and millions fucking died!!!

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Admitting to reality is not doing some good, it's the absolute bare minimum.
This. he just finally hit reality. After the mountain of denial.

I can't believe this dr. just said HIV was solved because of the community coming together to prevent further spread.... like the federal government completely ignored the HIV pandemic and millions fucking died!!!

Im ready to drink. She keeps bringing up HIV. like are you stuck in the 80s. and nostalgia.

data

Oct 25, 2017
What Trump just did was incredibly important, as so many people on his side still weren't taking it seriously in part due to him and Fox downplaying the severity.

Hopefully this just shifted a lot of republicans to take this far more seriously, and start take distancing measures, than they have.

For maybe the first time in his entire presidency, I'm actually glad he spoke.

He's still a horrendous human being, but he legitimately did some good right now.
Downplaying it at the most critical period is absolute nothing compared to seeing the reality

It's because they downplayed it at the beginning that it got so bad

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
They mean old people.
Some of those old folks are definitely gonna give up the ghost.
He means lose them to the virus.
Lose as in actual human lives. Older population, hardcore christian freaks and "nobody tells me what to do" dements with guns are going to be getting the virus left and right. It's what they've been doing these last two weeks and they'll just find ways to ignore or sidestep all recommendations.
No, like literally lose voters. Not politically
Oh I see. Damn, this is morbid. If a significant amount of people elderly to the point that it puts a dent in his voter base, that would make the fatality rate very high

Last edited:

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine this version of Trump for the last four years. This is night & day.

What Trump just did was incredibly important, as so many people on his side still weren't taking it seriously in part due to him and Fox downplaying the severity.

Hopefully this just shifted a lot of republicans to take this far more seriously, and start take distancing measures, than they have.

For maybe the first time in his entire presidency, I'm actually glad he spoke.

He's still a horrendous human being, but he legitimately did some good right now.

For those of us not watching, what did he do?

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I don't get it with Germany. Merkel said today that playgrounds will be closed but now the "stellvetretender" minister of NRW says that playgrounds will stay open in his state.

(of course he's an FDP guy)
I already (tried to) told my kids, almost 5 and 8 1/2, that it gets even harder. Not visiting friends, not going to the playground.

I'm afraid my son will go crazy at some point, he is really suffering... just like me, and probably all of us. What a crazy time to be alive. At least we have a house, a garden, sandbox, trampoline... I can't imagine being locked away in a flat with kids for so long. Stay strong all!

My grandma is 101 years old. She survived two world wars and now this. I really hope the virus stays far away from her nursing home. :/

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
Dutch Prime Minister had a pretty sobering speech. Pretty much confirming that a controlled approach to herd immunity is the best thing we can hope for. As closing down entire counties for months on end is pretty futile as it severely damages the economy and it's no guarantee that the virus will be back the second we go back to normal.

Pretty much everyone will get it eventually and slowing down the rate of the spread to make sure health care isn't overwhelmed is the name of the game.

A rather bleak but most realistic view of the coming period.

This is the only realistic approach and I think most of the EU countries will do the same. There will be probably more restrictions regarding the elderly and those with health problems, but going back to the old life needs to be a slow approach, because the moment you lift the quarantine people are going to roam the streets and party like there's no tomorrow.

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't hate many people. Donald Trump comes across like he's trying to sell how great the USA has been doing during this outbreak.

It's not about how good we're doing. It's about JUST DO STUFF. I don't give a F*** how impressive we are right now.

I fucking hate him as my leader. Fucking hate it. If the Democrats throw out a rock to run against him I'm voting for the rock, depending on who the VP is.

GK86

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Chris Hayes on Twitter

“From an ER doc in New York City on shift today: “Today. Is. F’ing. Nuts. It kinda blew up here. And sending home lots of people undoubtedly positive because we don’t test on discharged patients. This has been spreading a long time.””