• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've tried making lists of my favourite male and female gaming characters. Evidently, those two groups make up the vast majority of videogame characters, but that doesn't quite cover the entire range. So I feel that ERA would be able to come up with a good list of non-binary characters.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Quina from Final Fantasy IX, though it's from a time when the localizers went with s/he instead of "they". Also they're kind of a gag character, but they're still pretty awesome in their own unique way.

You can also be referred to with custom pronouns in Read Only Memories

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
662.gif

Kris from Deltarune

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Guillo from Baten Kaitos Origins. A living doll that is Agender and voiced by both a male and female voice actor.

Look at this magnificent bastard:

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Sakura Wars 5 has Subaru
subaru_kujo_6977.jpg

You can seriously upset them if you attempt to gender them in dialogue options.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Puck from Dota 2

7727-dota2_puck01.png

All strings use "it" to refer to Puck, even though every other monster-type hero in the game is gendered.

Also, Turing and TOMCAT from 2064 ROM.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Had no idea Hollow Knight was genderless, neat :)

NiGHTS came to mind for me, I assume they'd count?
latest

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would the Fae from FFXIV Shadowbringers count? Though they are ruled by a 'king' they all use they/them pronouns.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Vivec from Morrowind is intersex, with different in-game sources referring to them with different sets of pronouns.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
NiGHTS from the game of the same name, and possibly Gogo from FFVI, come to mind.

Not sure about Gogo, I think the gender is just ambiguous/unknown but they might not necessarily be actually NB...? If that makes sense.

In-game description says:
A man shrouded in strange clothing... Or perhaps a woman? Perhaps not even human at all...

latest

Fl4k is a robot right? Wouldn't that literally be binary.
lol

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, Lust from Darksiders 3 I believe?

maska-game-sem-smertnykh-grekhov-darksiders-iii-deadly-sin-s.jpg

Pretty sure Lust was referred to as they by fury a few times.
Also it is refreshing to have a Lust that goes beyond the usual titty bait depictions.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
I've tried making lists of my favourite male and female gaming characters. Evidently, those two groups make up the vast majority of videogame characters, but that doesn't quite cover the entire range. So I feel that ERA would be able to come up with a good list of non-binary characters.
As in presentation?

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
earliest i can think of was elemental gearbolt, outside of the not-always-so-well-handled poison and the birdo instruction book stuff?

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
I'm not sure what you mean exactly. I think the character has to actually be non-binary in-game though and not some JK Rowling "Oh the person was gay" without having mentioned it at all in the actual material.
I haven't expected one in Pokemon, but I guess Go's a bit removed from Nintendo.
Also thought Leo was just a tomboy, though I admittedly lost track of Tekken lore.