• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
www.polygon.com

E3 2021 announced as ‘reimagined, all-virtual’ event coming in June

Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Ubisoft, and more to appear at E3 2021
E3 will return in 2021 as a "reimagined, all-virtual" event, organizers announced Tuesday. E3 2021 will take place June 12-15, and will feature content from Nintendo, Xbox, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, Take-Two Interactive, Warner Bros. Games, and Koch Media, the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) said in a news release.

Sony, EA, Activision Blizzard, Sega, Bandai Namco and Square Enix are currently not confirmed to appear in this digital E3.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they got Konami to pay to be a part of this when all they are going to show off is a new PES game

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some trailers and a gameplay demo thrown their way, I guess. Maybe a stream/restream hosting?

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Thank god. The spread out last year was terrible. Having all the big shows within a few days is the way to go. There are some notable ones missing like Sony, EA and Square though.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what incentive Nintendo has to do this, unless there's some sort of deal in place. They already are mostly divorced from the show for their actual announcements and just do Tree House at the show, and half the point of that is demos for the public and press.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Happy to still see a lot of companies on board with the E3.

gamesindustry.biz said:
some notable absentees, including Sony, EA, Activision Blizzard, Sega, Bandai Namco and Square Enix. The event takes place between June 12 and June 15, so there is still time for other publishers to sign up.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I didn't think Sony or EA would be there, but no Square Enix or Sega? Or Activision? Wonder if they're doing their own events.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This makes me happy. I'd forgotten how fun Nintendo Directs were with how rare they've been this past year.

Obviously this doesn't come out and say we're getting a full on Direct includes but we're at least likely getting something big.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
In all seriousness, that's a way better turnout than anyone could have expected, especially Nintendo, the company that has for years just done online videos. It seemed like Nintendo only was going to E3 to have a booth, but for them to commit to this online event really says something

No Sega or Square Enix either.
S-E isn't a surprise, they seem fine to do different showcases, but why would Sega come to the show, when Microsoft is buying them any day now?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Back to back Xbox & Bethesda conferences let's go (preferably on Sunday so us Europeans can watch it)

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
i'm guessing Bamco and Square are doing their own events

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
wait, so we officially know that Nintendo will have some sort of "E3-Direct"?
Isn't this pretty BIG considering they past 18 months of communication?

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Does this mean we'll get something like a direct one of those days? I want Zelda info.....

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Even if it's digital only, it will be cool to have a lot of announcements condensed in a few days, last year was really sad in this regard. I'm excited for E3 again! Here we go!

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Lovely news. It's cool to hate on it but there's nothing like E3 week and I'm glad it's back.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I don't see any advantage for anyone other than E3 itself in this over independent conferences.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
Sony is not there because they are bigger than E3 judging by their last year's social metrics. I mean their future gaming show has 15 million views. Wild.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Hmm, interesting that Nintendo is there. I would figure they could just do a Direct on their own at the same time. Call me crazy, but this tells me that they might have something big to show that they want more attention on.

Sekiro

Jan 25, 2019
United Kingdom
there is no way in high hell Sony's going to remain silent all throughout June and let everyone else take the spolight, especially since were in year 1 of a new gnereation of consoles.

expect them to have a 2020 style event a week before or after E3.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom, Nintendo, WB games, Ubi, Xbox (XGS/Bethesda)? this will be amazing.. so happy about this. :) Xbox should have enough content to cover 3 E3s though .lol so they"ll definitely still have lots to show even after E3..

Last edited: