• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the few good things about living in NYC is knowing you can walk into Nintendo NY and pick up whatever you want. Just got me OLED after spending about 10 min in a line to get into the store.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Hi all,

I posted this in the pre-order thread but may be better suited for here...

Does anyone's new joy-con sticks give an audible "springy" noise when used?

My whites have...like a "springy" clicking noise when moving around, if that makes sense...

Is it just me?

Nope, have it too, but not only that. Would you check your L and R buttons for me? My L button is fine but my R button is already kinda faulty.....

It's super "springy" on the top part and you can even press it on the bottom part and slide up with your finger to get this spring reaction.

Amazing, stay classy Nintendo.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Finally got mine set up, played 30 minutes of Dread and it is so smooth to play. Right now I'm redownloading all my games. Only thing that irks me is that my playtime won't be accurate for Pokemon or other games because it won't update until it hits the designated time last played for them. That's 240 hours for BotW, on top of another 50 or so that I played for a Master Mode playthrough. I'm not putting in 245 hours to have it tick up by 5 only then. Pokemon is less of an issue, but still would take 40 additional hours of playtime before it starts counting again. Really annoying Nintendo doesn't update it server-side.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LAN convert....err, wait, you don't need that now! Smash GameCube Controller converter if that's your thing, otherwise this case that was revealed today looked amazing:

www.youtube.com

CitySlicker for Nintendo Switch

CitySlicker Switch Case: https://www.sfbags.com/products/nintendo-switch-cityslicker-caseThe sophisticated CitySlicker Case for the Nintendo Switch OLED suit...

I don't have that color, but I can vouch for Waterfield's quality. I have multiple bags and cases from them and they're all incredible.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Well I took a bite at the SWOLED thanks to a friend literally calling me to buy my old Switch "because I know you will upgrade it now"
.... he was right.

Anyway I'm in for the improvements! Can't wait for Monday to receive it!

Fantasma

Nov 16, 2017
I can confirm that the new screen is much much bigger.

nTzC2QA.jpg
As somebody who grew up having to use the light magnifier accessories for GBC and GBA, this is mind bending lol.

Where did you get one from? I been trying to find one but no one has one in stock.

The Nintendo online shop had them in stock for a very short term earlier today. Lucked out as the website was glitching like hell.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just now realizing this but the FlipGrip isn't going to work on the OLED is it?

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got mine set up, played 30 minutes of Dread and it is so smooth to play. Right now I'm redownloading all my games. Only thing that irks me is that my playtime won't be accurate for Pokemon or other games because it won't update until it hits the designated time last played for them. That's 240 hours for BotW, on top of another 50 or so that I played for a Master Mode playthrough. I'm not putting in 245 hours to have it tick up by 5 only then. Pokemon is less of an issue, but still would take 40 additional hours of playtime before it starts counting again. Really annoying Nintendo doesn't update it server-side.
Wait, did you do a user data transfer or did you just sign in on the Switch OLED with your Nintendo Account without doing an actual transfer? Because what you described is exactly what happens when you do the latter, but I was under the impression that doing a user data transfer would properly transfer all of your Play Activity to the new system. Is that incorrect?? I'm still waiting for my OLED (I should have had it by now, but I have no idea what the hell Best Buy is doing and they haven't been able to give me answers either...), but now I'm worried because I don't want my Play Activity to get all messed up...

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Weird, when I transferred my user profile and went to go see my save data in the settings practically all my game profiles there show a gray box with a question mark now so I have no idea what saves belong to what games.

Has this happened to anyone else and is there a fix for this?

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
Are there any games besides AC and Pokémon that require data transfers between Switches? Or is everything backed up to the cloud?

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
I tried applying a tempered glass screen protector but it sucks badly, it is super dirty and smudgy on the surface and makes the screen look like crap. The brand is ivoler, just in case anybody was wondering.

I'm considering just not using a screen protector this time around.
Got a screen protector from this company too, ordered from amazon.de, it is perfectly fine. Did you install it correctly?
Uh oh, this is the brand of screen protector I ordered as well... So uh, which is it? Do they suck or are they fine? Has anyone else here used these iVoler screen protectors and can share their own impressions? Debating on whether I should try to return these and get a different brand or just go with them...

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Wait, did you do a user data transfer or did you just sign in on the Switch OLED with your Nintendo Account without doing an actual transfer? Because what you described is exactly what happens when you do the latter, but I was under the impression that doing a user data transfer would properly transfer all of your Play Activity to the new system. Is that incorrect?? I'm still waiting for my OLED (I should have had it by now, but I have no idea what the hell Best Buy is doing and they haven't been able to give me answers either...), but now I'm worried because I don't want my Play Activity to get all messed up...
I did the user data transfer, I'll play some Pokemon and find out, but I know with what you described with the 'secondary' sign-in Switch situation, my Play Activity for my Lite was messed up when I started playing BotW on it.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't need this shit at all because I don't play on handheld

But I just bought the white one

fuck you inner tech nerd

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Don't have mine yet but I gave mine to GameStop in a rush putting all my saves on my SD card and now I find out it has to be formatted anyway…no Idea what my save situation will be like when I get my new console today. I have a paid Nintendo account, I'm hoping they're in the cloud.

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
I did the user data transfer, I'll play some Pokemon and find out, but I know with what you described with the 'secondary' sign-in Switch situation, my Play Activity for my Lite was messed up when I started playing BotW on it.
Yeah, that's just how it is when you play across multiple Switch systems, unfortunately (which is why I don't actually play games on my Lite...despite owning one, lol). So you're saying you just assumed that would be the case here after you did the user data transfer, but you don't actually know for sure?

Crowboy

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to transfer my Animal Crossing data over to my OLED and keep getting "A communication error has occurred". Has anybody else had this issue and fixed it?

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
This feels like a premium product through and through. Build quality seems much better. It's solid, the screen is glass now, no more wiggling joycons when attached, the back looks nice now not cheap, the kickstand is way better, I noticed the better speakers, and it just overall feels premium.
Even the dock feels premium. Much more room for the switch to slide in and out so it's not scraping against the sides anymore.

this was well worth the upgrade.
Waiting on stuff to download takes forever though

iggiepop

Apr 14, 2018
Nope, have it too, but not only that. Would you check your L and R buttons for me? My L button is fine but my R button is already kinda faulty.....

It's super "springy" on the top part and you can even press it on the bottom part and slide up with your finger to get this spring reaction.

Amazing, stay classy Nintendo.

My L/R buttons seem fine...

I can say though that my left joy con creaks just holding it and appears looser on the rail than the right joy con...

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
I'm not used to the Switch screen looking this good, it's freaking me out

It really feels like playing on an LG OLED TV in your hands, it is a really, really nice panel. I have never played this long in one sitting on my Switch as today, jumping between different games and checking them out. Metroid Dread being a worthy successor to Fusion is just the cherry on top. Bravo, Nintendo!

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Tetris effect feels like the perfect launch game for this. So damned beautiful.