• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
You know, in november it'll be f-zero's 30th anniversary, originally release on november 21st, 1990 in japan.

It'd have been really cool if they say, announced a collection for that too, or a new game, or acknowledged its existence in 15 years beyond captain falcon in smash.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switch will be fine, in fact it shouldnt have problems outselling the new consoles

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Sometimes i want to sell my Switch ....Nintendo since animal crossing did nothing to keep me playing on it. And this IS not some remaster that make me happy.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
As you pointed out, 3D World was likely supposed to be that game, but COVID happened. It's unfortunate, but understandable given the circumstances.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, Nintendo not being anti-consumer! They don't want you to spend money on them, so that you have more money for the PS5 and XSX!

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Pokémon DLC will be November's highlight, OP. Nintendo is done for the year.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Whatch it be another port

it's actually a DLC (the Crown Tundra one)

btw of course they can announce everything anytime, going by their recent behaviour

Mor ethan anything, I'd like a couple of Partner Showcase to reinforce the 2020 lineup
we still need to know release dates (hoping for them to be 2020) for

DOOM Eternal
Bravely Default II
No More Heroes 3
Rune Factory 5
Atelier Ryza 2

all slated for 2020

plus of course any other nice surprise

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Bravely Default 2 has had a 2020 release date for a while now and they have yet to delay it to 2021, so there's a good chance it'll show up in November. Not that that's a huge game, but it's something.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
There's probably no pressure because the Switch and library is selling fine as it is. They don't need a "big Christmas game" or whatever. The library sorts that out itself.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
It's a bummer if there are no major release in November but it's not really gonna hurt Nintendo either.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
And as of yesterday they didn't have any games scheduled for September. Nintendo is working on a very tight announcement to release window. Give them time. They will have something announced for November in the next month or so. And we'll probably get a big third party game for November as well. I'm thinking Doom Eternal

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't think the Switch will really be hurt hard by dealing with two new console launches with maybe a handful of interesting titles between them.

Nintendo will keep on keeping on, and I expect the system and the usual batch of console mainstays to continue selling well.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Clearly BotW2 will release in November. They'll announce it a day after it comes out and make it available only up to the day before Christmas because that's how Nintendo do things now.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
How often does this thread need to be made. Nintendo had been announcing titles to be released in a matter of weeks since Covid happened. We'll see what happens. No need to make a thread on this every single week.
Honestly, I'd be okay if this continued to be the norm. I like the surprise of it all.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
The lack of new games is very disappointing for some long-time Switch owners and Nintendo fans in general, but the corporation itself will be more than fine without a big November game.

This is really poor concern trolling.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I have a theory we are going to still get mario galaxy 2 but its going to be a more fleshed out remaster than the collection games (or at least a much more enhanced port)

jml

Mar 9, 2018
But with zero games this holiday outside of a handful of ports, and going up against two heavily-hyped console launches, I can't imagine how Nintendo comes out of their Q3 doing well.
I feel like this thread is another example of Era underestimating the strength of Animal Crossing. Even though that game's been out for a while it's gonna move a lot of Switches this holiday season, definitely more than Super Mario 3D World would have.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
so?

would I love to have one of those long-in-the-oven games this holiday/November? sure. do I mind just having a month to play the stuff piling up? no.

November is new console slaughterhouse anyhow, they'll be fine, gamers will be fine.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Its a pandemic. Folks are prioritizing safety over shipping a product. Nintendo will be fine.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
lol. Mario 3D World + is a filler title.
It was never going to be their big holiday release.

If anything, today's direct should excite people for November/December...

..as with the 3D collection releasing in September and Mario Kart Live in October, it pretty much guarantees a big surprise (bigger than either of those games)..will hit in November (otherwise, one of them would have been held back).

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
IF the second pokemon DLC releases in november, I guarantee you that there will be a version of Sword/shield with DLC on cart released. Maybe along with a discount to the OG version, but then again maybe not.

I mean when was the last time pokemon was not released in november? X & Y they released in October 2013, the last release that wasn't before the holiday season? Black and White in 2011.

I would be SHOCKED if this wasn't planned, legit shocked.

OP
OP
Empyrean Cocytus

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
lol. Mario 3D World + is a filler title.
It was never going to be their holiday release.

It's a 3D Mario platformer that a fraction of Switch owners played, on a console built for local multiplayer, and with the addition of online play.

This game is going to be a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe-level seller. I'm talking 30 million+. It still might have that but Nintendo is missing out huge not getting it out for the holiday.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
It's a 3D Mario platformer that a fraction of Switch owners played, on a console built for local multiplayer, and with the addition of online play.

This game is going to be a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe-level seller. I'm talking 30 million+. It still might have that but Nintendo is missing out huge on getting it out for the holiday.

Pfftt.... I bet the collection sells more.

It'll do around the same as New Super Mario Bros.U Deluxe.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Considering the Super Mario Collection got announced today and coming out in a fortnight, can't really say nothing will come out.

Something big though? Looking a bit less likely, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.