• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Does anyone know if the Following games are pretty decent ports?

1) MLB the show 22
2) FIFA 22
3) mortal Kombat 11 - I may have asked about this one before but just asking again for visibility.

I like these games but I find myself more interested in playing this on the go when I can.

I've had MLB The Show since launch. It's ugly as heck but perfectly functional, as in it runs well enough to retain its fun factor if you're a baseball fan.

The visual difference is stark enough to any other version of the game that I'd only recommend it if you're playing the Switch version exclusively in handheld or you don't have access to any other version of the game.

It's a FUNCTIONAL port through and through but the visual downgrade doesn't make me feel comfortable designating it a "good" port.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Looks gorgeous. I was hoping it would be similar to Rogue Legacy where you burn through hundreds of soldiers as a rogue lite. But looks like more of a traditional metroidvania?

first time I think anyone on this website has ever said "hoped it was a roguelike but its a traditional metroidvania" lol

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Souldiers has looked almost too good to be true ever since I first saw it. I'm incredibly excited, but can't let my expectations get too crazy.

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of this Souldiers before until now, and it does look fantastic, I just hope they don't make it overly difficult as a lot of indie devs love doing nowadays.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
caught a couple of Souldiers reviews, both spanish, I imagine because the devs are Spanish. anyway, both say it's very good

there's also a full playthrough video on youtube which is 21 hours long, which might give an indication to te game's length.

Cashmere

May 10, 2021
Looks gorgeous. I was hoping it would be similar to Rogue Legacy where you burn through hundreds of soldiers as a rogue lite. But looks like more of a traditional metroidvania?

This is the information that i know (according to the preview) :

- 3 classes (warrior, mage, ranger) with dedicated skill tree
- Inspired Dark Souls checkpoint (respawn last actived checkpoint)
- Metroidvania (unlike Ori and the Blind Forest it's not one world but rather multiples zones)
- Difficulty can be changed anytime (the game is pretty difficult)

Hope it helps

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I got my import copy in of Pocky and Rocky Reshrined, and the hype is very real on this one, so long as you're into short, replayable arcade experiences; it's my favorite one of these in quite a while. Been bouncing back and forth between this and that new Pacman collection all weekend and just having an absolute blast, didn't realize how much I was craving more bitesize, simple games at the moment

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Never heard of this Souldiers before until now, and it does look fantastic, I just hope they don't make it overly difficult as a lot of indie devs love doing nowadays.

it's pretty hard apparently, it's the sole reason the IGN Spain reviewer knocked down the score in fact (7/10 from him)

I whipped out a quick OT for it btw.

I saw a great preview but i'm more concerned by the quality of the switch port. Then i will choose the correct platform.

First hour of the Switch version, seems fine but it's the start of the game so who knows. But the look of the game (while gorgeous) doesn't seem to be anything the Switch would have issues with tbh

Last edited:

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
This is the information that i know (according to the preview) :

- 3 classes (warrior, mage, ranger) with dedicated skill tree
- Inspired Dark Souls checkpoint (respawn last actived checkpoint)
- Metroidvania (unlike Ori and the Blind Forest it's not one world but rather multiples zones)
- Difficulty can be changed anytime (the game is pretty difficult)

Hope it helps
Thanks a lot. Will wait for some reviews.

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
How's the hype levels for Card Shark? I've still not tried the demo, but I do like the look of it.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
I get the impression that Souldiers is a 'hi-fi' version of Tears of Astalon.
A metroidvania where you need to change character to solve certain puzzles etc

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
just grabbed this for 99cents (92% off), good reviews on steam

www.nintendo.pt

Little Bug

Uma incrível aventura de plataforma sobre uma garota e sua luz espiritual!

it's just very short (1-2 hours apparently) but I love the look and I'm down for a shorty platformer for 1 euro sure.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty fun week for Indies coming out. We've got Card Shark and I loved the demo so looking forward to see how the full game compares. The Demo really did feel like just the opening section of the game/story. Speaking of demos, I also played the Silt demo and came away with it enjoying it, but not the game wasn't quite what I expected. It's more of a puzzle game and I wasn't expecting that even though I don't really know what I was expecting outside of it looking a bit like Limbo. Souldiers is probably the game I haven't played yet that I want to check out..The animations are looking great and can't wait to play that later this week.

Knockout City goes free to play tomorrow and I'll be checking that out along with the new season. I don't know how much will change, but it could be fun to get back into that one.

The one I've spent the most time in the last week or so is probably The Big Con. I had originally gotten it when it dropped on the Xbox and now here it is on the Nintendo Switch(well it'll be here this week). The bright colors really pop on the OLED and I'm really enjoying the writing so far. I made a video of the opening of the game on Nintendo Switch. It's one of those games I could see it being over looked, but is totally worth our time and a very good game to be had here.

Oct 25, 2017
Another "is it worth my time" - Triangle Strategy. I can get it for around $40 otd.

You can still download the demo on the eShop and even carry your save over to the full game. One thing you should know before going in is there will be lots and lots of talking. Being voice acted helped with me being able to deal with all the text and my ADHD, but even still there will be times where you go to sit down and play and you might get one battle in an hour or more session. That being said I really do enjoy the game and think its worth your time.

BentMyWookiee

Oct 27, 2017
Another "is it worth my time" - Triangle Strategy. I can get it for around $40 otd.
If you like tactical SRPGs, then yes, it's absolutely worth it. Like the poster above said, there is a demo, but it does feel like a lot of set up with more talking and story than battle. So just keep that in mind. There are plenty of battles throughout the full game though and there are branching story paths, so you won't see everything in your initial playthrough. I really enjoyed the story on my path through the game and I think my first playthrough was a little over 30 hours.

I played through on Normal difficulty and battles felt fairly challenging without being unfair. If you ever do have trouble with a battle, the game does a smart thing where you get to keep all your EXP from a battle you lost. So failing a battle never felt like wasted time to me as when I retried my characters were a little stronger and I was armed with better knowledge of the battle. This game ended up being one of my favorite SRPGs right up there with Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, and Front Mission 3. $40 seems well worth it to me if you already enjoy the genre.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm seeing all these deals for Ace Attorney games from Wario64, but have never played anything in the series.

I have both a 3DS and Switch.

• Is it possible to play the entire series on Switch? Or are there some games which are still only available on 3DS?

• Regardless of which games are available where, which would people recommend playing? I'm happy to start at the beginning if people think it's worth it, or starting with one of the newer games

Referring to these ongoing deals:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Only the Trilogy (1, 2, & 3) and Great Ace Attorney are on Switch at the moment. 4, 5, & 6 are 3DS only right now. Kinda hoping they do another pack of the latter 3 games considering two of them were digital only.

BentMyWookiee

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for both replies. I'm looking for less of a challenging game and more of a decent story. Does it tell one?
I thought the story was good and enjoyed the characters quite a bit by the end of it. As far as less of a challenging game, there are difficulty settings. I believe there is Very Easy, Easy, Normal, and Hard. So you can pick what is most comfortable for you and you can change it at any time during the course of game except mid-battle.

Check out the demo to wet your feet with the game. Progress transfers to the full version, so it won't be time wasted if you decide to purchase.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Tough week of decisions for me, I thought I was done with just Souldiers and The Big Con but then I just saw that Lamplight City is getting a switch port!

I didn't play it on pc but it's an AGS detective style point and click that has me intrigued!
Only £13 to boot too!

Silt looks mega interesting but I have a major fish phobia and some of the screenshots just made me NOPE out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
This week does seem like a good'n for indie releases

Silt
Souldiers
Card Shark
The Big Con

If only I had more money 😭

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
all the Resident Evil games are 50% off in EU for the first time (its usually just 25% off).

time to finally grab 6 to complete the collection I guess.

not Zero tho, fuck RE0

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone's interested in Silt, there's a 30% off sale for the next 6 days, at least here in the UK anyway

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm seeing all these deals for Ace Attorney games from Wario64, but have never played anything in the series.

I have both a 3DS and Switch.

• Is it possible to play the entire series on Switch? Or are there some games which are still only available on 3DS?

• Regardless of which games are available where, which would people recommend playing? I'm happy to start at the beginning if people think it's worth it, or starting with one of the newer games

Referring to these ongoing deals:

The 6 Ace Attorney games have recurring characters and mention past events so they're best to do in order. Ace Attorney 4-6 are only available on 3DS and only available individually (there's no second trilogy package).

The Great Ace Attorney games are their own thing and take place in a different time period. They're only on Switch.

If I had never done any of these games before, I'd probably start with the Great Ace Attorney games because they're newer & there's only 2 of them. And then if you like them and want more, play the rest of the games in order.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles is a good starting point, I agree. You can't go wrong with the original trilogy, though.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
How is XCom 2 on the Switch? I imagine the loadings take forever? How are the performances in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.