• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Blade Strangers seems to be having a very nice sale. I'm tempted. Anyone have any impressions? Worth $15 (I think it is currently)?

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
So many indies seem to have crept up towards 19.99 USD or am I just completely incorrect? It sucks.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Rather than release one $29.99 title, which might be a harder sell, they have split the title into two $14.99 versions, with two characters each, so people can dive into the game at a lower price.

The other 2 characters you don't own can be added to the version you bought as DLC (for another $14.99).

but do you get the full game with just one of the 14.99 versions if you dont care about having all the characters?

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Watching streams I guess. One pack is described as more advanced in that the classes play a bit more technical.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Started playing Valkyria Chronicles 1. Great stuff.
interesting. is there a good place to find out info about which version better suits you?
Hype thread here. You can watch the gameplay videos in OP.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon-marked-for-death-hype-check.91157/

Alternatively, Inti Creates has contracted a whole bunch of youtuber in Japan to play the game. You can search them by searching "Dragon Marked for Death 実況" on youtube. Apparently some youtubers has already streamed the whole game and shown the ending, so be careful for spoilers.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
So I've been playing a 50 cent game for the last 3 days and it's so simplistic yet so addicting. Jumping Joe and Friends is a fun little vertical jumper in the same vein as temple run or endless runner game. It has some cool gimmicks but I recommend it.

I second this. Quality little game. Addicting and polished with simple controls that anyone can grasp within seconds of playing. Single-player and 4-player modes. One of the best <$2 games you can buy on the Switch eShop, up there with No Thing. At only $0.50 it's a no-brainer purchase.

Thanks for your recommendations!

Giving how bad were the reviews for 'Jumping Joe & Friends' on Switch, and that the QubicGames portfolio is a mixed bag, I assumed that this was a bad game.

Then, seeing that the game originally came to mobile, I downloaded the free 2 play version on my phone.

To my surprise, the game is distributed on mobiles by Deep Silver, one of the most important publishers and the producers of the 'Saints Row' series.

I found myself glued to my phone for two hours, the game is so damn well designed. Indeed, I think that it's the only example of Deep Silver distributing a small indie game, some executive in the company was equally addicted to this small arcade gem.

I'm even surprised that this shit didn't explode in popularity in mobiles, it's a perfect sum of a clever and simplistic mechanic that works with touch controls, a superb sound design, tight controls and some of the finest patterns that I have found in an arcade roguelite/endless game.

Automatically purchased this on Switch, and I love how they have balanced the arcade mode in this version with a better placement of items, making of this an even more frantic and adrenaline-infused experience.

I have spent all the morning playing, the BEST endless runner that I have played since 'Knight Terrors'.

And with a finesse in its randomized patterns and a perfect and challenging difficulty curve that its in a 'Pac-Man 256' tier of awesomeness.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
interesting. is there a good place to find out info about which version better suits you?
To answer your other question:

"The Frontline Fighters pack will contain the Empress and Warrior characters, which are more friendly to beginners, and contain DPS and tank type characters that are archetypes to any action game. The Advanced Attackers pack will contain the Shinobi and Witch characters, which are more technical characters with higher skill ceilings that are geared towards more advanced players. "

https:///dragon-marked-for-death-physical-release-confirmed-delayed-to-january-31/

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Definitely interested in Dragon Marked for Death but curious how much I'd get out of it if I only play solo.

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, it just went on sale by itself out of nowhere? I mean, I'll take it, sure, but kind of odd.
I am not sure if it was equally spaced out from release but Sonic and Thunder Force went on sale for that price a little bit ago. Maybe it was planned based on release date alone.

Oct 26, 2017
I am not sure if it was equally spaced out from release but Sonic and Thunder Force went on sale for that price a little bit ago. Maybe it was planned based on release date alone.

Yeah, exactly a month and 15 days (Dec 13th to now). Interesting. Sonic and LF went on sale at first on Black Friday IIRC after launching on Sept 20th.

Maybe Out Run will go on sale on Feb 25th? It came out on Jan 10th.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
So Spintires: Mudrunner has achievement popups, but there doesn't seem to any way to actually find a list of what you've earned. Am I missing something?

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More impressions please :D
I'm very tempted
For the FlipGrip or Hori D-Pad?

I recommend both.

FlipGrip does exactly what it says it does so if you have vertical games this is a must, IMO. Uh, unless you need a D-Pad.

I'll say this: it's great for pinball

The plastic is thick and sturdy and the build quality is good. It adds noticeable weight to the device and the balance isn't perfect but it works. It also squeezes into the top shell of the smaller $20 Switch cases snugly, you can zip it up.

It's like $12, definitely worth the price.

Hori D-Pad JoyCon is also surprisingly well made and a must-have for fighting games, NES Online, oldschool platformers and shooters, etc.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
So Spintires: Mudrunner has achievement popups, but there doesn't seem to any way to actually find a list of what you've earned. Am I missing something?
If I remember correctly it should be on the main menu? But it may also just be in the pause screen; I at least remember there being some way to see the full list.

AceyPrime

May 16, 2018
Rampage Knights is really fun brawler rogue-lite that looks like a wacky version of Golden Axe. I got slaughtered for a while but finally learned how to succeed in combat and unlocked a few additional character types to play as. Potentially lots of fun playing co-op but can also be super frustrating when your partner hits an enemy who collides with you, knocking you to your death in a ravine (ouch). One thing that's nice about co-op is when one of you die you become a ghost who can fly and do 1 HP of damage which is enough to stop long-range attackers from pelting the still-alive player. There are some interesting choices to be had, too, when you start getting low on life and have to use an item that heals you but gives you a curse - oh my are there some terrible curses. There's an easy/casual mode with no permadeath but in my experience it's really easy to get stuck with a terrible game state (curse, low permanent max HP, etc) in that mode so I strongly recommend playing on Normal mode with permadeath (you get 2 lives by default). Recommended on sale.
th

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

giphy.gif

Thanks for your recommendations!

Giving how bad were the reviews for 'Jumping Joe & Friends' on Switch, and that the QubicGames portfolio is a mixed bag, I assumed that this was a bad game.

Then, seeing that the game originally came to mobile, I downloaded the free 2 play version on my phone.

To my surprise, the game is distributed on mobiles by Deep Silver, one of the most important publishers and the producers of the 'Saints Row' series.

I found myself glued to my phone for two hours, the game is so damn well designed. Indeed, I think that it's the only example of Deep Silver distributing a small indie game, some executive in the company was equally addicted to this small arcade gem.

I'm even surprised that this shit didn't explode in popularity in mobiles, it's a perfect sum of a clever and simplistic mechanic that works with touch controls, a superb sound design, tight controls and some of the finest patterns that I have found in an arcade roguelite/endless game.

Automatically purchased this on Switch, and I love how they have balanced the arcade mode in this version with a better placement of items, making of this an even more frantic and adrenaline-infused experience.

I have spent all the morning playing, the BEST endless runner that I have played since 'Knight Terrors'.

And with a finesse in its randomized patterns and a perfect and challenging difficulty curve that its in a 'Pac-Man 256' tier of awesomeness.

That's some high praise! Wasn't sure if you'd be into it or not but glad to hear you're enjoying it.

I think the main problems with Jumping Joe & Friends is the name itself and the fact it launched at $5 which was a much tougher sell. If it was half that at regular price, critical reception would've obviously been much warmer. It also needs vertical orientation support and more music variety. Screenshots aren't too convincing either. But other than those quibbles it's a great game and one of those rare budget pick-ups without regrets.

What's your highest score so far? I managed to get 1118 in Arcade Mode and doubt I can do much better than that. Once you hit the neon areas, it gets chaotic fast. lol

Sardello

Oct 30, 2017
For the FlipGrip or Hori D-Pad?

I recommend both.

FlipGrip does exactly what it says it does so if you have vertical games this is a must, IMO. Uh, unless you need a D-Pad.

I'll say this: it's great for pinball

The plastic is thick and sturdy and the build quality is good. It adds noticeable weight to the device and the balance isn't perfect but it works. It also squeezes into the top shell of the smaller $20 Switch cases snugly, you can zip it up.

It's like $12, definitely worth the price.

Hori D-Pad JoyCon is also surprisingly well made and a must-have for fighting games, NES Online, oldschool platformers and shooters, etc.
I'm interested in the Flip Grip. I know is only 12$, but from Europe I've to consider shipping costs and it's a waste of money if I can't add something else in the expedition... I'll buy some t-shirt at Fangamer and hope the customs will not inspect my box

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Rampage Knights is really fun brawler rogue-lite that looks like a wacky version of Golden Axe. I got slaughtered for a while but finally learned how to succeed in combat and unlocked a few additional character types to play as. Potentially lots of fun playing co-op but can also be super frustrating when your partner hits an enemy who collides with you, knocking you to your death in a ravine (ouch). One thing that's nice about co-op is when one of you die you become a ghost who can fly and do 1 HP of damage which is enough to stop long-range attackers from pelting the still-alive player. There are some interesting choices to be had, too, when you start getting low on life and have to use an item that heals you but gives you a curse - oh my are there some terrible curses. There's an easy/casual mode with no permadeath but in my experience it's really easy to get stuck with a terrible game state (curse, low permanent max HP, etc) in that mode so I strongly recommend playing on Normal mode with permadeath (you get 2 lives by default). Recommended on sale.
th
Definitely a good game for any one who love beat em ups with some roguelite sprinkle in. played the heck out of this on Steam.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got started on The Messenger today. Pretty much exactly what I'd hoped it would be so far, controls great and has some cool level design so far (and some fun boss battles). Seems like yet another badass platformer to sink my teeth into on the Switch, and I got Gris to enjoy after that as a quick diversion before I get back to Smash Bros.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Firmware 7.0 is out.

...is it weird one of the first things I thought of when I saw the 6 new NSMBU Deluxe avatars was "oh hey, Nabbit can now have his Switch icon match his avatar"?

Also, has DLC for first party games ever gone on sale, like season passes for FE Warriors? I know MK8 DLC has been on My Nintendo (I highly doubt they'll be putting other DLC up on My Nintendo anytime soon), but I doubt they'll put something like the Breath of the Wild season pass up on there anytime soon.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Firmware 7.0 is out.

...is it weird one of the first things I thought of when I saw the 6 new NSMBU Deluxe avatars was "oh hey, Nabbit can now have his Switch icon match his avatar"?

Also, has DLC for first party games ever gone on sale, like season passes for FE Warriors? I know MK8 DLC has been on My Nintendo (I highly doubt they'll be putting other DLC up on My Nintendo anytime soon), but I doubt they'll put something like the Breath of the Wild season pass up on there anytime soon.

• [ X ] Folders
• [ X ] Themes
• [ ✓ ] 6 Mario jpegs

giphy.gif

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing weird about that, Zonic ! In fact I appreciate the heads-up. Switch has been sadly untouched recently due to an obsession with Life is Strange. I'll turn it on to get this avatar - and hopefully get some Celeste playing in while I'm at it.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
So the 99 cent jumping jack game is legit? Might have to check it out.

Aftermath binding of Isaac, 19.99$ what kind of game play would you call it? Rogue? Metroidvania?

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I bought Opus: Rocket of Whispers some time ago when it was on sale and finally sat down and played it.

What a beautiful and depressing little gem of a game. Absolutely loved my time with it. Fantastic soundtrack especially.

I never played The Day We Found Earth but it is now on my list as well (which I understand is backward, but this one looked more appealing to me at the time)

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing Warframe and man this game is a lot of fun, I don't know how I avoided it for so long. Runs super awesome on Switch too.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Super One More Jump is legit fun, would have paid $7 for it no problem, people need to jump on that game while the pricing error is still up

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Just to follow up on my post from earlier, I just checked and it does seem like you can only access the list from the pause screen once you're in-game lol

Cheers, found 'em :)

Reason I was curious was because of a new site I've been making, Switch Achievements.
If anyone wants to register and give it a go, feel free, it's technically live. I have a few more modules to complete, and some tweaks to run on what's there, but it's a go.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I noticed Rogue Aces is 60% off. I've been eyeing it for awhile but never pulled the trigger, can anyone recommend it?

Oct 28, 2017
Firmware 7.0 is out.

In EU the season pass and dlc packs for FE Warriors were on sale over Christmas, think they were around half price.

The one I'm waiting to go on sale is the Mario + Rabbids stuff, normally Ubisoft dlc goes on sale fairly regularly but not this one.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
So I noticed Rogue Aces is 60% off. I've been eyeing it for awhile but never pulled the trigger, can anyone recommend it?

It's fun, but a bit one note. I really enjoyed it because it reminded me of a fast paced, arcadey Harrier Attack (yes, showing my age now). There's not much in the way of gameplay variation, as it's very much 'take off, firefight, bombing run, firefight, land', but in short bursts it's a great diversion. I got it cheap in a sale last year and don't regret it for the price I paid.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Digeratti keeps bringing good PC games to Switch. Glass Masquerade arrives on February 8th:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/glass-masquerade-switch

I own this on Steam and it's a relaxing game with beautiful and interesting images. There's no real challenge, the game is all about relaxing while you try to assemble the glass images, each related to the culture of a different country. I think the price could be slightly lower, but knowing Digeratti, this will be on sale soon.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
What's your highest score so far? I managed to get 1118 in Arcade Mode and doubt I can do much better than that. Once you hit the neon areas, it gets chaotic fast. lol

WOW, you're a ninja :)

I'm not even close, my current high score in arcade mode is 727. It sucks how most of the Switch games lack online leaderboards, and here we are, in 2019, comparing our scores in a forum.

'Rogue Aces' is in my opinion one of the hidden gems in the eShop, but if you will enjoy the game will depend on your patience, if you have 2 hours to learn how to play well.

The game only shows its brilliant design once you have learned how the campaign, the scoring system and the mission structure works.

Once you pass these two hours, the games becomes addictive as crack. Think in a 2D version of 'Ace Combat', with a sandbox structure, set in an open world and with procedurally generated maps.

It stars with a slow and relaxing pace, but once again, once you learn how to play, reaching the advanced missions, the game is mesmerizing and packed with intense as shit moments.

But if you're the type of player that gets bored with a game if in the first minutes doesn't instantly click on your mind, maybe it's not for you.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Digeratti keeps bringing good PC games to Switch. Glass Masquerade arrives on February 8th:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/glass-masquerade-switch

I own this on Steam and it's a relaxing game with beautiful and interesting images. There's no real challenge, the game is all about relaxing while you try to assemble the glass images, each related to the culture of a different country. I think the price could be slightly lower, but knowing Digeratti, this will be on sale soon.

I'm buying this. It looks amazing, relaxing, and nice.