• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
This place is absolutely comical right now. I swear some people would not be able to go on with life if Nintendo suddenly disappeared.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Mental gymnastics level God
Or just enough experience with people in my soroundings that create public anouncements, texts, social media posts etc and make errors/missinform/are not interested in the content?
You can live in your bubble. but sometimes it just happens, and there is no bigger conspiracy.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
don't tell people not to care about nintendo games just because you don't
There is zero reason for anyone to be in this thread if they don't care quite a bit about Nintendo games.
Glio ze_ jimmer kripper Dardan Sandiego

Wow Do I really have to explain this?

I am talking about AC here.

I obviously don´t mean "Dictatorial" in a literal way, I mean the attitude of "Play this and or bust" when it is the only release they have incoming and the only game they talk about.
This still imagines a scenario where you are in constant dialogue with Nintendo. They are not giving you this or any directive. You're assigning so much to so little.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Glio ze_ jimmer kripper Dardan Sandiego

Wow Do I really have to explain this?

I am talking about AC here.

I obviously don´t mean "Dictatorial" in a literal way, I mean the attitude of "Play this and or bust" when it is the only release they have incoming and the only game they talk about.
No, I understood perfectly. Even so, not having a game that you like doesn't fit under any meaningful description of the word "dictatorial."

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Trying to do a Chapter a day. On ch3 at the moment (its the Japanese Pagoda dungeon).

Im really enjoying the gameplay, its super fluid and simple; levelling isnt a chore. Story isnt particulary great but overall good game.
My biggest flaw might honestly be the story, it's very...safe? But the battle system is great, especially as you get more radiant skills, sessions, etc.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

jimmer kripper

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
you joke but I've been pretty suicidal for non-nintendo reasons, this is just my primary means of distraction never showing up
I hope you're able to get the help you need. I suggest seeing a professional if you haven't, there are likely better things to look forward to that aren't out of your control

The Three

Sep 11, 2018
So unless there's a Direct the day before Animal Crossing releases (which seems unlikely, but who knows), Nintendo will be in the position where they have no first party (or published) games whatsoever with release dates. Has that ever happened before?

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Or just enough experience with people in my soroundings that create public anouncements, texts, social media posts etc and make errors/missinform/are not interested in the content?
You can live in your bubble. but sometimes it just happens, and there is no bigger conspiracy.
Of course it can happen, but the examples you expose are way too elaborate to me.

ze_ Glio Dardan Sandiego

English is not my mother tongue and I tend to look for alternate words way when I wrote, so that´s there.

Also, I think my explanation of why I used that word is pretty clear.

You can make fun of me or whatever you want. That doesn´t change Nintendo is doing just horrible right now.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

EveryBonyGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif

jimmer kripper

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Of course it can happen, but the examples you expose are way too elaborate to me.

ze_ Glio Dardan Sandiego

English is not my mother tongue and I tend to look for alternate words way when I wrote, so that´s there.

Also, I think my explanation of why I used that word is pretty clear.

You can make fun of me or whatever you want. That doesn´t change Nintendo is doing just horrible right now.
Actually Nintendo is statistically doing very well right now. And come March 20th they'll be doing even better.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah of course. How do you make the mistake of writing that sentence precisely?

"The latest Nintendo Direct announced their exciting collaboration"

I´m sorry but I can´t stand that much bs.

I don't think the GAME text was a fluke, it's too deliberately worded.
But a source says there was no cancelled direct for today either.

Adding these together I imagine the solution is a simple mistake in timing:
Lego and Nintendo teased a vague collaboration today, instructing people to "stay tuned" for info. (Info probably coming in an upcoming Direct)
But following today's tease, someone at GAME thought "oh it's announced, time to put that page up."
I imagine this text was supposed to come after that direct, not after this tease, but mistakenly got posted too early for whatever reason. Simple confusion, or miscommunication.

Just a mixup in timing. But the page was already up, so they edited the text to remove the reference to the Direct that hasn't actually happened yet.

I expect to see this collaboration as a topic in the eventual Direct.
...which I also guess must be soon, considering that this mistake happened. Maybe next couple weeks? This is the first smoke hinting at the fire. Let's see if we find any more smoke soon.

SZYh1Rz.gif

(or someone at game is just an asshole and all is lost in this pit of despair we share)

Last edited:

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
some people care about financials, some people care about games

no one is right and no one is wrong in this foolish dance we call life

jimmer kripper

Banned
Oct 28, 2018

Also, do you want to start again the same debate? Are we all fans supposed to buy and love Animal Crossing just because it is going to sell a lot?

All stocks are down right now in pretty much every industry due to the beervirus. You don't need to like animal crossing, but you can understand why it's a huge deal for Nintendo. Nintendo's and your interests are completely different.

I generally don't like PS4 exclusive games, but I'm not gonna pretend Sony did poorly last gen just cause I don't like their games.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019

Also, do you want to start again the same debate? Are we all fans supposed to buy and love Animal Crossing just because it is going to sell a lot?

Most fans aren't like "oh my god there is no games with release dates after animal crossing!"
Most just buy games if something interests them and that's it, so this idea that Nintendo is messing up is stupid.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So if anyone cares I'm really intrigued by Baldur's Gate so far but it's definitely pretty dated in a number of ways. At least the loading times are basically non-existent, very refreshing compared to PoE.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The tweet kind of goes against you.

Stocks have fallen in relation to external market pressures but Nintendo has dropped the lowest.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I don't know if the one who made the Jeff Grubb thread is from here, but seriously, read the article first.
He's absolutely speculating...
What proof is there that the Nintendo Direct is happening next week?
I'm not guaranteeing a Nintendo Direct. The publisher hasn't announced it yet, so things could change. And yes, this is absolutely me hedging.
But Nintendo is deep into the process of putting the event together based on what I've heard. The company also updated the Nintendo Direct playlist on its Japanese YouTube account. The last time it did that was a week before the Animal Crossing Direct.

I wouldn't normally read too much into that pattern. Nintendo doesn't behave in a consistent manner that is easy to predict. But this is some circumstantial evidence that lines up with everything else.

Finally, Nintendo needs to communicate its lineup — and not even to its fans.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Just ignore the context that every stock market went down that day due to the OPEC price war and the coronavirus.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
Aren't directs put together well in advance?
It's hard to say. No one knows for sure exactly how the sausage is made except Nintendo. If I had to guess I'd say the bulk is done before hand but things are worked on right up until the week of which is why insiders generally don't start saying it'll be on a specific day until it's almost happening because Nintendo themselves don't always know for sure if it'll happen that week until it's almost happening.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe the top poster in this thread by a factor of two bailed over an avatar bet of all things

I'm not surprised with that. However I'm MORE OF surprised that he was that willing to make another avatar bet with someone after he ran out of SmashERA due to losing the avatar bets. I thought that he would steer away from any avatar bets.

Yuoke bailed. It was an avatar bet with me if the direct was this week or not. He then bailed after nate came in and said there was no direct. He put the thread and me on ignore.

What a flashback. He pulled exactly same things when he lost the bet with SmashERA.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I don't know if the one who made the Jeff Grubb thread is from here, but seriously, read the article first.
He's absolutely speculating...
I remember he made a joke tweet about PS Meeting and some dude posted a thread thinking it was real lmao

Nintendo & Sony have some of you anxious and itchy as fuuuuuuuark for details

Status
Not open for further replies.